Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - (paid : 90$)  (Read 16712 times)

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 90$)
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 01:37:05 pm »

In my arena which had fortifications between it and the audience, the dwarves just ran away and cancelled eating/drinking when match was going on, so use glass or your spectators will be very terrified
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 01:56:25 pm »

In my arena which had fortifications between it and the audience, the dwarves just ran away and cancelled eating/drinking when match was going on, so use glass or your spectators will be very terrified
That sounds hilarious. lol
"Hey, Urist, what are we doin' here?"
"We're watchin' the Blood Bowl, that's whut."
"Eh, what?"
"They send in monsters to fight other monsters, and it's really cool. There's 'sposed to be a ball, but oh well. Ach, here they come now. Don't worry about anything - theys unarmed, they cain't hurt us from down there."
"Eh, all right, thanks for lettin' me know."
"Theys gettin' up onto the field now."
"Holy Spikes of Armok! Goblins! Elves! RUN!!!"
(mass stampede of dwarves)

ANYWAY... I finished my field. Here's pics:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Basically, I put the players into cages and pit them inside two separate rooms hanging beneath the field (unfortunately I can't use building destroyers, so no trolls :( ). A lever is pulled (haven't put that in yet), unlocking two sets of hatch covers at once, and the players climb onto the field and begin attacking each other. It's not really BloodBowl, per se, but it would be if there was a Blood Bowl mod. Right now it's just a really cool gladiator arena. Oh - and anyone who dodges the wrong way falls 23 z-levels. If only you could still play golf with goblins... Sigh.

EDIT: By the way, Jackofthebox - love how yours looks. I wish I'd thought of actual seating.  :P
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 02:08:39 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 17, 2011, 11:46:28 am »

I've closed the 'fund raising' and donated a total of 90$.  :)  (I will ask Toady to confirm this when I get his 'thank you' mail.)

Everyone are welcome are welcome to add and update additional fields. I'm happy and impressed with the creativity already shown.  :D
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - (paid : 90$)
« Reply #63 on: November 17, 2011, 08:02:05 pm »

Heh, I can't help but feel a little overshadowed.  Nice arenas, guys. :)  Business with schoolwork has set in and prevented my lava bombs for a time which is likely to be infinite :(

But once again, nice arenas. :)
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"But I'm talkin' about the shaft!"
"Then we can dig it."

Andal

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning! Fourth wall breached!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2011, 08:17:18 pm »

Heh, I can't help but feel a little overshadowed.

You're not the only one. Good stuff, folks.
When I was reorganizing my inventory to fit all by books on life and death into various bags and things, I looked at my inventory and saw that I was multigrasping a necromancer slab.  It was pretty hilarious.
I think that would be an excellent way to impart the critical lessons of life and death to the ignorant masses.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2011, 05:10:04 am »

I've closed the 'fund raising' and donated a total of 90$.  :)  (I will ask Toady to confirm this when I get his 'thank you' mail.)

Everyone are welcome are welcome to add and update additional fields. I'm happy and impressed with the creativity already shown.  :D

askovdk did indeed donate $90.  Thanks to everybody that contributed!  Maybe I should read this thread now, he he he...
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2011, 11:03:05 am »

Heh, I can't help but feel a little overshadowed.  Nice arenas, guys. :)  Business with schoolwork has set in and prevented my lava bombs for a time which is likely to be infinite :(

But once again, nice arenas. :)
Hey - at least you actually got the game played! I got the goblins pitted all right, but then when I tried to start the match, I forgot to take the goblin's weapons away beforehand. I forgot about taking pics and started worrying more about keeping a massacre from happening.  :D Great Fun, great times. Yours was epic, though - I was hoping for something like that, but it didn't quite happen. :P Don't feel overshadowed.

Thanks for doing this, askovdk. :) Due to certain unfortunate circumstances, I can't actually donate anything myself, which is possibly why I latched onto this like I did... Anyway, it was a great idea, and lots of fun of both uppercase and lowercase varieties. :D

*salutes the Toady One* :)
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]