Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5

Author Topic: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - (paid : 90$)  (Read 16735 times)

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 40$)
« Reply #45 on: November 12, 2011, 07:57:54 pm »

Argh, apparently giving Dwarves [NOEAT] only gives them a extreme resistance to hunger. Half my dwarves just died. Work is....Slowed
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 08:04:13 pm by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 12, 2011, 09:27:36 pm »

Argh, apparently giving Dwarves [NOEAT] only gives them a extreme resistance to hunger. Half my dwarves just died. Work is....Slowed

vanilla is the way to go :D

My first contestants have recently raided the northern village, so it's time to set up for my first game of BLOOD BOWL!
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"But I'm talkin' about the shaft!"
"Then we can dig it."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 12, 2011, 09:34:29 pm »

Yeah, I gave up on the modding and have started V2 of my field.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 12, 2011, 10:49:05 pm »

An away team composed of hammerers and sworders moved in, practicing on 13 of the 19 villagers that took their residence outside of the great arena.  5 locked themselves inside the main storeroom, and one inside the communal bedhouse.  Things looked grim for them, but the Dwarf team was going onto the field.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The team is fully assembled, and the "lockout" gate is tested, civilians quarantined inside.

A problem is met though! The goblins seem reluctant to play, citing one case of death in their ranks.  The dwarves offer a bargain of fresh dorfmeats for their playing... but aha! It is snatched back! What picariousness!

And, the game truly begins! A goblin rush is met by dwarven linesmen, and oh the bloodshed before my eyes!  But wait... where's that coach going, and why's he being chased around outside of the arena?

The manager continues to run around helplessly, what a mook! Meanwhile, the goblins are being driven back, though there are obviously deaths on both sides.

The goblins are being repelled! Their hopes are diminishing fast, except maybe of killing that manager... he's really taking a beating here folks!

The dwarves are positioned for a touchdown...

... but it's much more fun finishing off the goblins.

After the end, it's time for the janitorial staff to clean up the field, though most of the field blends nicely with the blood.  Final score: dwarves 4 player deaths, goblins 6 player deaths!  Dwarves win!   That village up there's gonna take a long time to refill, though.

Epic fun for all involved at the first Manorsling Blood Bowl game.   Coming up on Dorf Sports Network: Manorsling Game 2: The FUN becomes !!FUN!!ner!
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"Then we can dig it."

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2011, 03:33:36 am »

YOU HAVE JUST WON SOME INTERNETS!

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2011, 06:08:55 pm »

Ty! :D

Let's get some more people in heres!
"Shut your mouth!"
"Then we can dig it."

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 02:26:26 am »

Sorry for not tracking this this weekend (I was lost in Skyrim).
I can't see pictures from this computer, so I will approve the latest entries now and give appropriate praises tomorrow.

Thank you for joining this challenge.  :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 03:31:55 pm »

Sorry for not tracking this this weekend (I was lost in Skyrim).
I can't see pictures from this computer, so I will approve the latest entries now and give appropriate praises tomorrow.

Thank you for joining this challenge.  :)

Np, it was a fun one.  Respond if you'd like me to upload a save or any of that sauce (surely you want to see how crappy the actual fortress is :P)
"Shut your mouth!"
"Then we can dig it."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2011, 01:23:43 am »

Wow, so many entries and not one is in the sky, or something else ridiculously crazy? :D Love this idea, by the way, Askovdk. I'm going to see if I can make one...
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 05:48:15 am »

Wow, so many entries and not one is in the sky, or something else ridiculously crazy? :D Love this idea, by the way, Askovdk. I'm going to see if I can make one...

Clear and green glass over magma.  Damn, if only I hadn't specifically gone for size in the first arena, I'd have done that.  Oh well, my giant field is magma safe so there's that.  I guess I could still add those magma tanks above the arena, but my computer is horrible; there's too much lag with like 70 dwarves, for some reason, everything's lagging on this map.
"Shut your mouth!"
"Then we can dig it."

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »

A bit of a bump. And a progress report of sorts.

I've lost several architects on the project, and I'm not too happy with Overseer for making the phyllite/diorite colors look different than they do ingame. But I'm getting there. This is the biggest thing I've ever built.  ???
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 10:19:56 pm by Talvieno »
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 16, 2011, 07:50:09 am »

Decided to make one too a few days ago and the "arena" is nearly done.

The Arena:

Stonesense:

Next we shall start the awesome tournament

EDIT: I hope the pics work now

« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 08:38:44 am by JackoftheBox »
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 90$)
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2011, 11:56:30 am »

Nice job everyone!  :)
I really like how 'the same' task is being solved differently.

If I count correctly, then we are up to 9 now (askovdk, Diamond, Tevish Szat, Scelly9, Andal, rehsusmacabre, Clotiforth, Talvieno, JackoftheBox), so can we get anyone to post just one more field?  :-*
(This thread can continue with an unlimited number of entries, but I would like to get the cash flow done.)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

JackoftheBox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2011, 12:34:10 pm »

Today we are doing history, the first Blood Bowl match of the first tournament is about to begin, and the lucky teams to participate in it are... The Humans from The Confederations of Humor and The Goblins from The Imprisoned Disloyalty!

The four goblin thiefs furiously charge towards the human team, just to be encircled by ten of their players. First blood is drawn as one of the thiefs is badly injured. Rest of the goblin team is trying to pick the humans one by one while the thiefs are distracting most of the human team, what an amazing tactic and a great start for the first game in history!

The goblin isolation tactic is a success! Two of the human teams most dangerous players are now isolated, and both arms of their star player Othla are cut open! One of the "distract thiefs" is getting beaten to a pulp by the human teams captain, Hibor the Lasher, while another "distractor" is being chased by five opponents, what a brilliant show of distraction tactics!

The human star player Othla has been struck down by a goblin crossbowmans fierce punch! Too late does the human team realize the clever goblin plan, what can be done? Will the human team survive from this fatal blow?

This is amazing! The human player Stralir scores a touchdown while The Lasher finally kills Aspuz the annoying thief. The roles have been reversed, Is there still hope for the goblin team?

As the goblin teams captain, Smunstu the Axeman, gets closer to a touchdown, the worst happens. The goblin team loses two more thiefs to the relentless assault of the human team. At this point the humans lead is just too much to overcome, but the goblins will not surrender! They are showing amazing courage and heart by still continuing to try!

OH! Yet another goblin is down, the game is getting boringly one sided and... Whats this? The goblin teams coach throws in the towel, this is a CRUSHING victory for the human team, the game has ended with the final score of 7-1 for the human team.

What a great start for the tournament indeed, the goblin team is badly crippled by its loss of trained players, but they took enough replacement players with them. The humans also have some players in reserve. Next match will be The Dwarves from The Urn of Furs against The Elves from The Fair Seals, stay tuned as the arrogant elves only brought 8 members with them.
This morning I found myself looking at the numberplates of the cars on my drive in to work and seeing them as tileset characters in ASCII... a silver Renault I was behind had an interesting scene of a Human wrestling a Minotaur near a bin.

Vharuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »

I'm nearly finished with my rudimentary Blood Bowl arena, but I've come to a quandary which requires some knowledge and advice.  I want to build an adjacent room, fill it with tables, chairs, food, statues, and random monsters waiting for their turn, and make it into a statue garden or zoo so that the dwarves can throw parties in it.  Then I'll hold a Blood Bowl match when a party's going on.  I want to let the dwarves see the action, but I'm having trouble deciding how (and if) to do this.  I could make a line of glass windows to divide the party room from the arena, but building destroyers may smash them.  So I'm wondering, can dwarves see through glass walls?  If not, would fortifications (behind a de-ramped channel) be safe enough and allow sight?

Second question, would terrible monsters rampaging on the other side of the glass frighten the civilians and crash the party?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5