Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - (paid : 90$)  (Read 16745 times)

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 10$)
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 06:09:17 pm »

I wan't my lizardmen army! Where are my skinks?
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 06:23:50 pm »

I wan't my lizardmen army! Where are my skinks?
In the casualty box, obviously.  ;D

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:55 pm »

Just thought I'd share. ;)  The group name is "The Anger of Games".  Now to see if I can construct this megaproject without dying.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2011, 02:23:55 am »

Didn't work out so well.
Prolly, should have tried a 3:1 instead of 1:1 scale.
But, oh well, good enough.
http://mkv25.net/dfma/poi-28331-thebloodbowlarena

Very nice, - I like the tiles and coloring. Fully accepted.  :)
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 11, 2011, 02:33:21 am »

so, I need to build a 15x26 field with some sort of setup to make playing an ultra-violent variation of American football extra ‼fun‼, and for each arena made, Toady gets $10?

Yes, this is an alternative kind of fund raiser allowing people to support through doing something.
Others are welcome to reuse the idea for donation forum challenges, and the amount of money can be different.

The size of the field doesn't have to be exact, but it would be nice to recognize it as a BB field.  :)
My HMoM forts :

NightlinerSGS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 20$)
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2011, 05:52:44 am »

Since we're underground (unless someone builds a arena outside), isn't this technically Dungeonbowl? :p

Anyway, I've never heard of Bloodbowl so far and just skimmed through the manual, but I like the idea and I need a layout for my Arena anyway... count me in :D
Construction work will begin shortly.

Is 3x3 per field with 1 tile wide lines ok?
Like I always say, elven females serve a... better purpose to me than the males.
This is a masterfully derailed thread. It depicts Necro in magma-silk thread. This relates to the great derailing of the Divorce Thread in 2011. Necro is holding up a pig-tail fiber sock. Necro is swimming. Necro is striking a defiant pose.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 10:37:31 am »

Since we're underground (unless someone builds a arena outside), isn't this technically Dungeonbowl? :p

Anyway, I've never heard of Bloodbowl so far and just skimmed through the manual, but I like the idea and I need a layout for my Arena anyway... count me in :D
Construction work will begin shortly.

Is 3x3 per field with 1 tile wide lines ok?

Most playing fields will be accepted, so if anyone wants to make a real American Football field or a soccer field, then that is just great as well.
My focus on the BB setting ( = Warhammer fantasy) is because it fits very well with the DF settings, so there is a lot of inspiration and ideas from the Blood Bowl reference material.

So don't worry about the exact size, - just have fun and Fun adding a field to a fort.  :)
And yes, I guess many fields will be for dungeon bowl, but it may also be fun to build a desert arena for Khemri skeletons, etc. The dwarven stadium in the computer game is outdoor and yet very dwarfy:

« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 01:12:25 pm by askovdk »
My HMoM forts :

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 10:51:29 am »

Just a little "progress report" to keep things up top and sort of keep me on task.

Internal Annual Report: Year 1
Thikut Tradetowers, Foreman of the Bloodbowl Project
"Let me first state two things for the record.  The first is that I've never been able to sit through a full game of bloodbowl myself -- I love a good thrill, but I can't stand that much senseless bloodshed.  The second... With no background in architecture to boot, I really ought to be more surprised that I was put in charge of this godsforsaken project, but Baron Laboracted doesn't care for his daughter dallying with a commoner like me, and he has the king's ear.

But, the nobles want they're fancy, deadly arena and I'm going to give it to them as fast as possible.  The sooner I get done here, the sooner I can get back home and take care of matters like that smug crundle, the baron.

We're nine dwarves strong here: the seven of us that arrived at first and two "experts" sent by the crown.  One of them was a quality mason, but the other?  That poor sap of a clothier is now our lead siege engineer.  Why do we need a siege engineer?  Because the nobility consists of sick, sick freaks, that's why!

We're ahead of schedule and under budget on this thing, but I'm not going to let the royal inspector know it in those terms.  I may not be a career architect but I know that's the best way to bet your deadline bumped up and your budget slashed.  With only nine of us after the summer migrants, if something goes wrong it could go really wrong really fast.  Especially with the badgers..."

Annual Report
"First of all, sire, we've only had half a year.  We've made good progress, but the deadline you've set, majesty... we should just manage it if everything goes just right.  The schematics I've included of our progress at the beginning of fall look more done than they are, but the general shape of your grand arena is, eh, taking shape.  As you can see, we've started channeling for the end zones, and are even beginning to set the cross-field ballistas in place.  I would like to request more men for the project sire, and restate my request that, if possible, you could probably locate someone more fit for the post of foreman than myself"
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 11:57:10 am »

I'm in.
Can the arena be on multiple levels? Not the spectator stands, the arena itself.
Also, Modding?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 11:59:28 am by Scelly9 »
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 01:05:45 pm »

Just a little "progress report" to keep things up top and sort of keep me on task.

:) Thank you for sharing. I will accept it already now, and will look forward to future progress reports.
My HMoM forts :

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2011, 01:10:12 pm »

I'm in.
Can the arena be on multiple levels? Not the spectator stands, the arena itself.
Also, Modding?

Interesting, so sure, why not.  :)
I will accept any variation as long as some effort has been made.
My HMoM forts :

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Build the Blood Bowl - Shared challenge - I pay (total : 30$)
« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2011, 01:40:58 pm »

I shall take on the challenge! To keep with the theme of the arena being useful, it shall be the opening part of my fortress; trader, migrant and goblin alike will have to score a touchdown to plunder the riches.

Speaking of, how might I encounter more goblin attack w/o major modding?
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"But I'm talkin' about the shaft!"
"Then we can dig it."

Keldane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »

I shall take on the challenge! To keep with the theme of the arena being useful, it shall be the opening part of my fortress; trader, migrant and goblin alike will have to score a touchdown to plunder the riches.

I'm pretty sure that driving up your wealth will help. Dig a lot, cut every gem you find, make rock mugs from every stone, then encrust said mugs with said gems. When the caravan comes, trade mugs for more valuable gems with which to encrust your mugs.

I'm in. Since modding has been okayed, I'm going to use a modded reaction to convert cut gems into boulders which can then be turned into blocks or doors or whatever else I need. I'm also going to do a 2:1 scale based on that half field diagram, and include the grid lines for good measure.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 02:49:36 pm by Keldane »
WARNING:Side effects may include fatal badgerstorm and sudden appreciation for nobles.

Clotifoth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2011, 03:07:06 pm »

I'm pretty sure that driving up your wealth will help. Dig a lot, cut every gem you find, make rock mugs from every stone, then encrust said mugs with said gems. When the caravan comes, trade mugs for more valuable gems with which to encrust your mugs.

EDIT: struck bauxite.  How wonderfully fitting :)
I'm in. Since modding has been okayed, I'm going to use a modded reaction to convert cut gems into boulders which can then be turned into blocks or doors or whatever else I need. I'm also going to do a 2:1 scale based on that half field diagram, and include the grid lines for good measure.

I decided to simply change the goblin siege conditions, but duely noted as well.

My approach will be a 3:1 field.  The idea will be that goblins will enter, then be trapped in a pre-game room while the dwarven team prepares.  Once ready, both teams will be let out in an attempt to score a touchdown, though either player has a chance to score.  All those who go out of bounds will be pelted with stones by the spectators (stone-fall traps en masse), who will enjoy a safe viewing window into the arena.  Also, there will be a number of stupid dwarf tricks against invaders; this is Blood Bowl after all, there's no harm in a little "home field advantage".

edit: Hit bauxite.  How fitting :)

editedit: new useless migrants will be equipped with leather helmets and armor and sent to play this game against any new foes that come. :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 03:52:30 pm by Clotifoth »
"What's the deep dark pit, that turns mining operations to shit?"  "The shaft!"  "You see this shaft is a bad mother--"
"Shut your mouth!"
"But I'm talkin' about the shaft!"
"Then we can dig it."

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2011, 04:28:58 pm »

Ok, stage 1 complete!

Stands will go on the right, past the canyon and water will flush through the field when a cat in a 7x7 room steps onto a plate. I need to move that beehive somehow though.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5