Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Hole through hell? (Spoilers)  (Read 657 times)

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Hole through hell? (Spoilers)
« on: November 10, 2011, 11:05:10 am »

So I've run into something that I have never seen before. I'm running Genisis mod and can post pics or the save if someone tells me where to put them. 

I have a hole from cavern layer 18 through below the bottom of the map.
On level 40-68 is what I would consider hell because that's where the bottom of the candy spires ends even though it does not phsically connect to it.
The hole eventually ends at 146 where it is almost coralled by Slade but still drains out into the void.

It looks like it is very slowly filling us with magma, but will probally take years to reach whatever the top of it will be.
Is this normal and I just haven't played much recently, or did I just find some rare volcano that never filled?
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
Re: Hole through hell? (Spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 11:09:57 am »

This happens quite often. I had similar volcano-without-walls draining to magma sea or caverns about 5 times in a row while trying to find a suitable embark with volcano. Sometimes, dfliquids help to close the gaps, sometimes not.

Brian7772

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hole through hell? (Spoilers)
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:32 am »

Thanks Diamond.

I let it run for a season without messing with it and it is slowly filling. The only real problem that I've had was that all the flying clowns are now rampaging through the caverns. Luckly there is another part of the caverns that has water and is unconnected. I think I'll let them have that half to see how nicely FB and clowns play together.
"Pff...real Dwarves just estimate it, start digging, and make corrections after the cave-in." - Wild Goose