Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: i might of regreted making a world and playing it so much  (Read 947 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
i might of regreted making a world and playing it so much
« on: November 09, 2011, 11:46:18 pm »

So I made a custom world with lots of bad lands and deserts and no lava lakes. as far as I can tell no lava at all exists except near one volcano out of the way. so I got no candy ores.

But anyway, I like the land overall, but the vast majority of it has aquiferers or salt water in many places making most places hard to settle. most civs took up all the good land and i end up putting most of my fortresses in the one desert strip that has both no aquifers, a stream/river, and metal.

Should I keep playing this world or not? Also is there a way I can export it's specs and seed so that you guys can see it, despite having custom parameters?

edit: what i mean is, i have invested a lot in this smallish-medium sized world but its not the most ideal for fortresses but in a few very small strips of land. i dont want to abandon it, i got it from the age of myth to the  age of fairy tales almost completely on adventurers by killing titans. ive grown attached to this world and have a sense of its history a bit; and even made some of my own. ive advanced it by about 20 or 30 years too.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:04:13 am by jasonwill2 »

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
Re: i might of regreted making a world and playing it so much
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 12:20:54 am »

If you want to keep it, keep it.  If you want to try a new world, do remember that you don't have to delete your old world to do so.

Me, I gen a new world for just about every fort.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 01:43:56 am »

you could always look up how to defeat the aquifer and it will never be an obstacle to you agian
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

Zyffyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 02:24:22 am »

Make a new world (or 2 or 3 or ...), keep the old around. Play whichever suits your current mood.

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 02:52:53 am »

You could be cheap and just remove the [AQUIFER] tags from the gamefiles.
You don't even need to regen the world, you just need to reload the world after doing the changes.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 03:24:19 pm »

i'd very much like to be cheap, howto remove the aquafier tag?
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 03:45:35 pm »

Go into the relevant raws in Notepad and delete the text, or just take the opening tag off. I believe all the aquifer tags are contained in inorganic_stone_mineral, inorganic_stone_layer, and inorganic_stone_soil.

You need to do this in whichever copy of the raws you're loading from. By default this is 'region [whatever]', even if you have autobackups. If you loaded from an autobackup and then allowed it to autosave, you'll have to figure out which set of raws you're after.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.