Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Can I run Skyrim?  (Read 7118 times)

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can I run Skyrim?
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2011, 06:49:34 am »

How about mine?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 06:51:44 am by Azkanan »
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

anzki4

• Bay Watcher
  • On the wings of maybe
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 07:03:17 am »

Also you should note that System requirements lab uses specs that makers/publishers of game provide, which means "minimum" and "recommended" can mean anything

Example:
In System requirements lab, all stats were as far to the right as they can be, meaning way over "recommended". However, only way I could make the game run smoothly (~30 FPS) was setting resolution to 640x480, turning AA and AF off and setting all graphic settings to low. (Far Cry 2)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 07:08:31 am by anzki4 »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 09:01:30 am »

No way I'm gonna be running it. I got a Radeon 4250 - which is already the suck for the modernest of games - but it's integrated, so it chokes on oblivion on high settings  :'(

Poltifar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 05:14:35 pm »

It is pretty safe to assume if your using integrated graphics (such as the Intel chip sets) then you wont be playing much at all...
Screw you, Intel! *shakes fist*
Can you believe that this brand new laptop, with dual-core processors and 4 gigs of memory, can't even run Minecraft on the absolute lowest settings? I get like 15 frames per second, best-case.

My laptop does that too. I actually had to buy a gaming desktop this summer just to be able to play goddamned Minecraft, grah.
<@Poltifar> yeah i've played life for almost 23 years
<@Poltifar> i specced myself into a corner, i should just reroll
<@Akroma> eh
<@Akroma> just play the minigames until your subscription runs out

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 06:00:59 pm »

It is pretty safe to assume if your using integrated graphics (such as the Intel chip sets) then you wont be playing much at all...
Screw you, Intel! *shakes fist*
Can you believe that this brand new laptop, with dual-core processors and 4 gigs of memory, can't even run Minecraft on the absolute lowest settings? I get like 15 frames per second, best-case.

My laptop does that too. I actually had to buy a gaming desktop this summer just to be able to play goddamned Minecraft, grah.
I'm gonna have to do that too, eventually. Sadly I spent pretty much every spare cent on this laptop to replace my 5-year-old one...so I'll probably have to wait another five years for a desktop XD
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 06:08:51 pm »

The site tells me my CPU isn't fast enough to run Skyrim.

It also tells me it isn't fast enough to run Oblivion.

Since I've played Oblivion quite a bit and it's run just fine, I'm going to assume I can play Skyrim just fine as well. I mean, it's designed with the 360 in mind, so it can't be any more demanding in terms of resources than Oblivion was.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 06:09:15 pm »

Just bought a new computer for this little baby. 2 560 nvidia card connected. Cant wait to see how it will look.

Squanto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 06:38:25 pm »

I wonder if i can run it maxed out without killing my comp... Radeon HD 6850, quad core 3.2gHz i7, 9gb of RAM(Disporportionately low compared to level of other things, but something that I actually know I can replace without explding something by accident)

Probably no reason other than it giving them a larger B-peen.
The B is for Business.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 03:15:19 am »

Well, I seem to be able to run it at a playable FPS, although it's still a bit laggy. Also, I can barely look up for some reason. The mouse sensitivity is messed up when it comes to, well, looking up.
Pages: 1 [2]