Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco  (Read 55787 times)

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD - Steampunk Nazi Fiasco
« Reply #300 on: April 21, 2012, 07:27:34 pm »

Suddenly remember that Fakod is wounded and carefully bandage his wounds before he can remind me. Then use any remaining time to go back to where the janitor is and bring him back here, while attempting to convert him to the faith of Lumithos.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 03:05:28 pm by BullDog »

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 22, 2012, 02:38:45 pm »

Yell at Zack for face healing. Make an improvised explosive out of the Tabasco sauce and any other substance in the area that could be considered volatile. Mix it in the useless golden cup.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 22, 2012, 02:45:07 pm »

Practice the art of shuddering to dispel evil.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 23, 2012, 04:01:11 am »

"Yes, tyrants can be so predictable sometimes...I'm keeping this helmet by the way..."

Equip helmet (stupid but eh).
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 02:23:12 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #304 on: April 26, 2012, 02:36:14 am »

Sweet hopping Christ this is a big turn!

"...That's it sir, they're nearing the control room. There's some kind of jamming device in there, I don't think we can talk to them anymore."
"What's going on down there?"
"I have no idea, sir."

Turn 48 - Baddest of the Bigs

The sound of rushing water can be heard above, and a deep rumbling below. The floating citadel is beginning to lose power!

Repair Three head.
Fleshton: Scavenge the armor for additional protection.

"Quick, Fleshton, scavenge the armor! Possibly right from the source!"
(...) Without much effort at all, you piece THN back together! He's as good as new.
(...) Meanwhile, Fleshton follows your command and steals the blinded armor's cuirass. The armor continues to squirm on the ground, making an obnoxious clanging and scraping sound.
Suddenly remember that Fakod is wounded and carefully bandage his wounds before he can remind me. Then use any remaining time to go back to where the janitor is and bring him back here, while attempting to convert him to the faith of Lumithos.
(...) You hurry over to Fekod as he opens his mouth to call for you, and point threateningly at him. He closes his mouth wordlessly. You manage to bandage his chest, clean the wound and stop the bleeding. After a moment you remember that janitor guy that was following you around, and head back to the trophy room where you find him huddled in the corner.
<German>"Oi! Come on, we're going ahead!"
"Okay, let's go!"
"Oh, by the way, you're now a follower of Lumithos."
"Okay, whatever, just don't hurt me!"</German>
Ostal 2 follows along behind you.
Yell at Zack for face healing. Make an improvised explosive out of the Tabasco sauce and any other substance in the area that could be considered volatile. Mix it in the useless golden cup.
(...) There really isn't anything volatile around here other than the tabasco sauce, so you just dump it into the chalice. The chalice immediately starts to melt when exposed to the ridiculously corrosive sauce! Thinking fast, you dunk the rubies into the chalice, causing it to turn into pure ruby! You now have a chalice full of highly corrosive tabasco sauce, topped with three ruby ice cubes. You shall call it the RASPUTIN SPECIAL.
Practice the art of shuddering to dispel evil.
(...) You shimmy and shake, eventually getting yourself in the correct rhythm and motion for shuddering. You feel completely cleansed of any residual evil left behind by your recent escapades, and probably maybe kind of have the ability to use shuddering as a suitable replacement for brain bleach.
Equip helmet (stupid but eh). Try to patch up  Fekod's arm with bandages.
"Yes, tyrants can be so predictable sometimes...I'm keeping this helmet by the way..."
(...) Presumably due to the vision-restricting helmet, you immediately fall on your face on your way to Fekod.

Bowie walks to the end of the hallway and waves his arm in front of him, activating several dart traps.
"Okay, who's ready to take down Hitler?!"
Everyone just kind of shrugs like "okay with me". The group heads off down the hall to meet Bowie, and he steps forward and kicks open the double doors! A light seems to flood outward from the room as the glittering sanctum comes into view, a room somehow even more lavishly decorated than the rest of the floating fortress. Gold and jewels cover every surface, and a gilded, silken carpet runs the length of it, halting below a frankly ridiculous throne. A looming figure rises from the throne, dwarfing every other creature in the room. Especially the dwarves.

It is a massive mech suit, at least 15 feet tall, its arms ending in sharp metal claws. Atop the suit's shoulders rests a jar, containing the head of Adolf Hitler.
"Welcome to my fortress. You seem to have already made yourself at home."
"Stop right there, Hitler! We're here to-"
"AAAAGGGH, not this again! Listen, Timelord, several of your friends have already found us here, and they are all dead. Your time devices are all currently jammed, and the defense systems will make short work of you on my command."
"Did all of them manage to completely destroy your fortress...?"
"Of course not! I will admit, this was quite the unlucky turn of events. A Timelord and temporal strike team, presumably sent by separate organizations, attacking at once. But it is no loss. This facility may look unique, but it is one of many. I'm a bit surprised you got past the lower defenses, none ever have."
"...You mean the speedo clones?"
"...WHAT?!? How did you get into- that was supposed to be locked- Mein Pleasure Hitlers..."
"Cuz that almost got us killed. We had to destroy that bust to dispel the illusion. Pretty clever trap."
"You destroyed the bust?! That was a priceless-"
Hitler suddenly goes pale, and his eyes dart to the door. A rhythmic rumbling can be felt, getting steadily closer... then, suddenly, the doors are kicked off their hinges and fly across the room! A golden suit of armor marches through the doorway, a cape of purple flame flowing behind it. The sundered bust from the bathhouse sits on top of the armor, animated by the same dark energy holding it together. A large floppy hat, also made of purple flame, rests on its head. The bust's jaw slides back and forth as if loosening itself, then speaks in a voice Hilda recognizes as the one she heard before in her mind.
"Hello Adolf."
Hitler looks absolutely terrified.
"Marcus?! I thought you... were..."
"Destroyed? HAHAHAHAHAHA, as I suspected. You took the bait. You could never resist looting your conquests Adolf, and it seems you managed to find the Horcrux I left for you. It's been feeding off the life-force of everyone in this facility for years! The plan went off without a hitch! Thank you for the resurrection though. And now, without further ado, I think it's time you dropped dead. This facility doesn't have long to exist, and I have places to be."
Marcus produces a long cane from a nearby pocket dimension, pulling it apart to reveal a sword within. Completely ignoring the others, Hitler and Marcus charge at each other! The two opponents dance about the throne room, Hitler's metallic claws and Marcus's curved rapier clashing off each other and scattering sparks across the chamber!

"Uh... Bowie? What the hell is that thing?"
"I think it's... Marcus Aurelius. An inter-dimensional tyrant, supposedly descended from the Elder Gods themselves. That's about all we know man, other than his other title: The Exalted Pimperor. We learned about him back at the academy. Apparently that bust we destroyed back there had his soul trapped in it. Our bad, I guess."
"Do you know what they're fighting about?"
"No idea."

Hitler catches Marcus's sword mid-strike, struggling to hold it in place. He glances over at the party, and raises his other arm into the air.
"Defense systems activate! DESTROY THOSE INTRUDERS!!"
He then goes back to fighting Marcus.

Emergency blast doors slam over the exits to the throne room. A large iris door in the ceiling of the throne room slides open, and steam rushes out of the chamber beyond! Compartments in the walls and ceiling slide open revealing inlaid tracks, and small turrets glide out of the ceiling hole onto them. The turrets begin orbiting the room as a final, much larger shape emerges from the hole, a mass of cables and metal rods. It unfolds itself dramatically, a plethora of metal limbs tipped with saws and laser weaponry extending from its base. A single large red eye lights up at the base of the hanging sentry droid with an ominous hum, and it focuses on the party.
"INTRUDERS LOCATED. ACTIVATING WEAPONS GRID."

Spoiler: Sentry Droid (Body) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sentry Droid (Turrets) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mecha Hitler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus Aurelius (click to show/hide)

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:100/100]
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | Noodle Limbs | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x3 | Golden Sword
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Bottle of Wine | Bandages x5
Wounds: [HP:84/100] | Missing Tooth x5
Skills: Necromancy (Level 2) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead | Soul Trap

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Spiky Rock | Useless Ruby Cup
Wounds: [HP:65/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Heavy Bleeding (Face)
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun | Glass Shard | Brass Helmet
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Fleshton (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Three-Headed Nazi (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Nazi Janitor (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 26, 2012, 06:42:00 am »

"Right, time to bring out some big guns. UNCLE DON'T FAIL ME NOW!"

Dark Ritual! Call upon the elder gods for a boon!

Felshton and THZ, go for the flamethrowers!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 26, 2012, 06:50:47 am »

Somersault over to the back of the Sentry Droid and leap onto its back, massaging its visual receptor areas to confuse and blind it!

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 26, 2012, 07:29:12 am »

Fekod stands completely still until the right moment, then fires the spiked rock at the turrets, aiming for it to ricochet off more than one.

BullDog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 26, 2012, 10:37:45 pm »

Pray to my god for protection and perhaps a bit of power. If I am given protection and have not used my whole turn, rush to the sentry droid's body, try to destroy the eye with that sword, then retreat to a safe(r) distance.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 04, 2012, 12:43:26 am »

Using metaphysical thief skills, avoid the sentry fire and find the droid's off switch.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #310 on: August 05, 2012, 10:10:48 am »

HAI GUYS IM BACK AGIN
Thanks for being patient, it's time to get this ridiculous episode finished!

Turn 49 - Whose Boss is it Anyway
Dark Ritual! Call upon the elder gods for a boon!
Felshton and THZ, go for the flamethrowers!
"Right, time to bring out some big guns. UNCLE DON'T FAIL ME NOW!"
(...) Before you can even get out the commands to THZ and Fleshton, you know that they will never be carried out. The room darkens and fills with thick necromantic energy, and once again your minions are sucked into a whirlpool of splintering organic matter. THZ and Fleshton crack apart and combine in a gelatinous heap, a form slowly rising from the mess. A wriggling Octo-Horror, its far-more-than-eight tentacles twitching violently, arises from the transformation smoke and looses a mighty roar!
Naz'querel: 4
Qzth'thekwel: 2
Uncle Fg'rel: 4
You got 10 experience!
Somersault over to the back of the Sentry Droid and leap onto its back, massaging its visual receptor areas to confuse and blind it!
(...) Your acrobatics are not enough to avoid the Sentry Droid's flailing mechanical appendages, and it swats you away before you can get close!
Fekod stands completely still until the right moment, then fires the spiked rock at the turrets, aiming for it to ricochet off more than one.
(ATT) (DEF) The final sharp rock is sent flying from the barrel of the arm cannon, skidding across the wall and destroying three of the flamethrower turrets! The rock bounces off the ceiling and rolls to a rest at the other end of the room.
Pray to my god for protection and perhaps a bit of power. If I am given protection and have not used my whole turn, rush to the sentry droid's body, try to destroy the eye with that sword, then retreat to a safe(r) distance.
(...)
Lolnope
"Fine then, I'll do it myself!"
(ATT) (DEF) The sword in your hands glows with a holy power which clearly didn't come from Lumithos, the lazy jerk, and you spring into the air at the Sentry Droid! Gold slices steel (?!) and a massive disc of radiant light bursts like a sonic boom from your blade as it crashes through the Droid, and a huge bundle of cables and hydraulic limbs crash to the floor! Oil and sparks fly from the mechanical being's gaping wound!
Using metaphysical thief skills, avoid the sentry fire and find the droid's off switch.
(...) You run all around the edge of the room examining the Droid, but to no avail. There doesn't appear to be a power switch. The thing is voice-activated, after all.

The Octo-Horror sprints across the room at high speed and thrusts one of its tentacles at (AIM) Hilda! (ATT) (DEF) Her body twists around the tentacle as it flies past, but she's still grazed by the sharp, protruding needles of bone! She rolls to the side, bleeding from her leg. Timelord Bowie charges at the beast, firing his arm cannon at what he presumes to be its thought center! (ATT) (DEF) The Octo-Horror simply contorts its twisted form around the bolts of plasma, taking no damage!

The sentry droid sparks and shakes as it turns toward the crowd of combatants, and unleashes a mighty eye laser at (AIM) Hilda! (ATT) (DEF) With yet another acrobatic somersault, she avoids the red-hot laser! The remaining wall turrets speed up and strafe the edge of the room, (ATT) shooting streams of fire into the center!
(HILDA) (ZACK) (DERM) (FEKOD) (JAMES) (BOWIE) (OCTO)

Hilda hits the deck and stays below the flaming crossfire, but the others aren't as lucky. Zack and James are grazed by a hot plume of fire, and Derm, Fekod and Bowie are hit by a massive blast of flame! They narrowly avoid catching on fire, but are burned badly. The Octo-Horror weaves away from the flames and leaps at the closest turret on the wall! (ATT) (DEF) Its attack is ferocious, but the turrets slide out of the way with great speed!

"Even without my corporeal form I'm still more powerful than your pathetic power armor, Adolf! You know that fighting back is useless."
"I can't defeat you Marcus, but I can stall you. You aren't leaving this citadel alive!"
(ATT) (DEF) Marcus Aurelius thrusts his fist forward at light speed, putting a deep dent in Hitler's armor! (ATT) (DEF) Hitler's hydraulic arm fills with enormous energy and returns with an enormous jab, sending Marcus flying across the room into the wall!

The citadel continues to speed up as the engines fail one by one, plunging toward Meldania City below!

Spoiler: Octo-Horror (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sentry Droid (Body) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Sentry Droid (Turrets) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Mecha Hitler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Marcus Aurelius (click to show/hide)

Status

Player: lawastooshort
Name: Hilda J Gherkin PhD (Agent Rouge)
Bio
Inventory: A large wrench | Sexy Catsuit | Radio | Pain-Poms | Walther Pistol | Bandage
Wounds: [HP:99/100] Light Bleeding (Left Leg)
Skills: Misc. Object Usage | Competent Masseuse | Noodle Limbs | One-Two Punch

Player: BullDog
Name: Zack The White (Agent Pearl)
Bio
Inventory: Healing herbs | Nazi Uniform | Scripture of Lumithos | Bandages x3 | Golden Sword
Skills: Speed Reader | First Aid | Light of Lumithos | Incandescent Orb | Salve of Lumithos | Gauze of Lumithos

Player: dermonster
Name: Derm (Agent Fuchsia)
Bio
Inventory: Pink Cloak | Tome of Eldritch Lore | Ritual Dagger | Bottle of Wine | Bandages x5
Wounds: [HP:78/100] | Missing Tooth x5
Skills: Necromancy (Level 2) | Raise Minion | Morph Undead | Soul Trap

Player: Sinpwn
Name: Fekod "The Master Explodinator" (Agent Pewter)
Bio
Inventory: Old Faithful | Funky Hat | Leather Trench Coat | Eye Patch | Tabasco Sauce | Empty Bottle | Bandages x4 | Useless Ruby Cup
Wounds: [HP:59/100] Missing Left Eye | Missing Left Arm | Heavy Bleeding (Face)
Skills: Explosives Expert

Player: micelus
Name: Baron James Ostal (Agent Heliotrope)
Bio
Inventory: Skeleton Key | Balaclava | Cloak | Grappling Hook | Bandages x2 | Heavy Machine Gun | Glass Shard | Brass Helmet
Skills: Master Thief

Spoiler: Nazi Janitor (click to show/hide)
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 05, 2012, 10:20:53 am »

Put a charged necromantic aura around Hitler so he looks to be most appetizing to my new creation.

"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 05, 2012, 10:55:57 am »

Don't they get damage from the burn?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 05, 2012, 10:56:44 am »

We did. Shhhhhhh

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 05, 2012, 10:58:42 am »

Are you sure? Because I'm not seeing any- *killed by Derm*
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23