Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20

Author Topic: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song  (Read 30322 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song
« Reply #195 on: March 08, 2012, 04:04:04 pm »

windows in the wall behind us, the door wall? also: that single line you quoted is killing me. im no good at riddles (Or thinking abstractly) depending on answer i may edit

The windows are relatively unimportant, at least not in helping you find your targets. Look at part of the sentence to the left of the comma.

have you ever said youre a writer or was that someone else?

I am a writer in the sense that I write things, but I am neither published nor likely to become so soon. Perhaps one day.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 08, 2012, 04:17:47 pm »

... how can they be in here if its dusty?
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 08, 2012, 04:22:39 pm »

"I dont have any experience with this, but i would probably be as far in in this hole and hope for the best,
maybe if this place have an cellar somewhere, but are they really here with all this dust around, why not
just follow the marks in the dust?
you probably already have the answer dont you s...?"

EDIT: SUNOVA double not intentional
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 01:25:50 am by Ahra »
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: March 08, 2012, 04:47:10 pm »

... how can they be in here if its dusty?

Well they could still be there, but they would have left a wide and easily seen trail. Something that even Patric's rather meager observation might be able to pick up successfully.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: March 10, 2012, 08:08:24 am »

David sighed, it was never easy.

David makes one more check on places Maria frequented and where she stayed, and then pays a visit to this restaurant. Order some food, act as if he were some kind of food critic.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 10, 2012, 09:47:21 am »

For what felt like a very long time, Charlotte didn't move, frozen in place as her curiosity fought her fear. She understood well enough that the longer she took to make a decision the more likely it was that whoever it was would move out from around the dresser or that someone could enter through the door and see her, but if she went for the window, it would still catch sight of her.

Without turning her face away, her trembling hand reached for her pocket knife, but unfolding it didn't really make her feel any less frightened. She didn't have much here, she could always try to find another place to stay, and even the streets was better than getting caught again. And she had to choose. Her eyes flinched between the window and the dresser. Any second it could come out of there. Any second now. Oh, to heck with it, she thought as she fumbled on the floor for her satchel. She wasn't going to stay here. After casting a final glance at the dresser Charlotte dashed as fast as she could to the window. She didn't care about what it was too look at it while she was still in the room, but she could take a look at it through the window once she was out of there.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 29, 2012, 12:40:30 am »

I have not forgotten this thread, no matter what the third page says. Work on your update is progressing, though admittedly slowly (Clay's turn alone runs up over 1500 words). The novelistic style I chose for this RTD is a lot slower than more conventional ones, but it is, unfortunately, not an element that I'm willing to compromise on.

Not dead, not forgotten, merely dreaming.
---

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: March 29, 2012, 12:58:03 am »

Good to hear.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 29, 2012, 01:04:29 am »

Yup, makes me happy.
Love, scriver~

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: April 23, 2012, 03:28:32 pm »

Bump. :P

This game is really quite too good to die. So, it can't be called thread necromancy yet!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: April 26, 2012, 02:32:47 pm »

Bump. :P

This game is really quite too good to die. So, it can't be called thread necromancy yet!
its at times like this i wish i still held the title of Necrothreader as in when i joined this forum  :P
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: April 26, 2012, 03:31:53 pm »

Still working on it, though not as much as perhaps I should. It's harder than D22, and whole helluva lot longer on a per-turn basis.

One person's action in this coming turn tops 13,000 characters. All by its lonesome. (Not counting their stats, inventory, and area description. Just their bloody action.)
I am hoping not to break the character limit on a mundane turn, but if it happens, it happens.

This is not an actiony RTD, fast paced turns are (obviously) not going to happen. Except in the case of combat where I will probably briefly allow that character (or characters) to act out of step with everyone else, but that is for good reason.

---

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: April 26, 2012, 04:20:55 pm »

Schyrrans. I really don't want this to end either, not when I just got it. As long as you are writing on it though :D
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: April 27, 2012, 12:24:41 am »

Okay, Scriver, what does Schyrrans mean? It's bugging me since the nearest thing I can come up with is a swedish word meaning sis or sister.
---

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: April 27, 2012, 02:20:40 am »

It's a derivation of "schyst" (also spelled "juste"), which means nice or friendly but is slangly used in the same manner as awesome or sweet or such ;)
Love, scriver~
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 20