Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

Author Topic: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song  (Read 30280 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song
« Reply #240 on: May 27, 2012, 02:45:29 pm »

I'm going to have to quit this. Sorry. At least my replacement will be happy.
'Alright, it's fine. Though, if I may ask, why? (I'm guessing its somewhere between the incredible latency between updates and the absurd WoT)

Yeah, the length between updates is the thing killing it for me. Usually I've forgotten important details between updates.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: May 27, 2012, 05:19:35 pm »

I'm going to have to quit this. Sorry. At least my replacement will be happy.
'Alright, it's fine. Though, if I may ask, why? (I'm guessing its somewhere between the incredible latency between updates and the absurd WoT)

Yeah, the length between updates is the thing killing it for me. Usually I've forgotten important details between updates.

I understand, it would be like reading a book and trying to wait a month between each chapter.

Let's not start a trend. :P

Please don't. First I lost the man with the artifact and easiest plot progression, now I've lost the the investigator (the only one of you with a gun) and his path to the Dragon.

I'll gen your starting perk when I get home, and then I'm probably going to start outlining/writing actions. Scriver might not be here yet, but I'd best start early.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: May 28, 2012, 04:08:03 am »

now I've lost the the investigator (the only one of you with a gun) and his path to the Dragon.
I am suddenly very curious what you're going to think of my character. Not that I wasn't before, but just as a "how does this fit with everything else" kind of way now.

Unfortunately actually making said character is surprisingly difficult. I'll get through it eventually...
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: May 29, 2012, 08:10:44 pm »

OK, well this wasn't exactly done with the haste that I had hoped, but I suppose that is in keeping with this thread's burgeoning reputation for being slow as all hell.

Alright Dwarmin...

Your bonus to knowledge is +15, not +10.
You spent ten more points on skills than you had, mechanical should be at 5, not 15.

And your starting perk, should you choose to accept it, is....

Unusual Studies: You've made a habit recently of digging into old things, and in so doing they've dug a little into you. (Can sacrifice sanity at a 1:3 ratio to boost Lore/Arcane rolls when using a written focus.)

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: May 29, 2012, 09:09:29 pm »

Looks good to me Draig.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: May 31, 2012, 04:47:15 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: June 10, 2012, 08:26:34 am »

Just want to say that I'm extremely sorry for not responding sooner. I felt to downer at first, and then I was too ashamed of not having posted yet to post... I hope you don't think of me as too much of an arse, because this is really, really, really not the kind of player (or general person) I want to be or want you to have to put up with. And yes, I'm still terribly embarrassed about it (could you tell?). Ugh.

I am going to start writing the action post now, but I'm on my phone so it might take some time yet.
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: June 10, 2012, 11:25:06 am »

Just want to say that I'm extremely sorry for not responding sooner. I felt to downer at first, and then I was too ashamed of not having posted yet to post... I hope you don't think of me as too much of an arse, because this is really, really, really not the kind of player (or general person) I want to be or want you to have to put up with. And yes, I'm still terribly embarrassed about it (could you tell?). Ugh.

I am going to start writing the action post now, but I'm on my phone so it might take some time yet.

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm just happy that you're here. If I'd lost 50% of my players in a single turn to boredom/apathy/crushed-by-the-great-wall-of-Text, I probably would have just given up on this.

You made it eventually, that's all I care about.

As an aside, my next RTD, if I ever make one, will definitely be something simple. Something that I can run with all the plot of an episode of The Scary Door.
---

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: June 10, 2012, 12:43:43 pm »

Oh, it certainly wasn't boredom that kept me away, I loved the update even though I eventually had to print it out because I couldn't read it on the computer and just kept reading the start over and over again ;)

I didn't get to posting today because what I thought would be a do-nothing day of staying at my aunts hot turned topsy turvy when my cousin showed up and asked me to help him tap how homemade brew into bottles and then there was a little casual party-/-dinner I didn't know about and now I amslightly drunk (and hiding my tired anti-social arse in the bathroom for a moment) but hopefully it'll come later during the night.
Love, scriver~

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: June 10, 2012, 01:11:53 pm »

Hey, don't worry about it. I'm just happy that you're here. If I'd lost 50% of my players in a single turn to boredom/apathy/crushed-by-the-great-wall-of-Text, I probably would have just given up on this.

As an aside, my next RTD, if I ever make one, will definitely be something simple. Something that I can run with all the plot of an episode of The Scary Door.
Lets see: Boredom? yeah, when i wonder what hell-spawn is behind the door? forget it mate.
Wall of texts? read my dads "Not any damn pictures" books when i started reading at home (and school)
Apathy? Pffft, the day im not on bay12 is when i sleepover at an friend so no.

Im not abandoning this magnificent piece of madness anytime this year, or the next come to think about it.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: June 10, 2012, 01:35:06 pm »

We're all watching you, actually. You make great stories with those WoTs, and giving up is the last thing I'd like to see. IMO.

:-\
 :)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: June 11, 2012, 07:38:33 am »

For some time, Charlotte simply stood there staring back at the strange child. Maybe he had come in here looking for food. A kind of strange place to look, but then again he seemed like a pretty strange child. And not like the type to handle himself on his own. Probably didn't even know where to look, other than his parents pantry. Eventually, she walked over to her makeshift bed and moved the pillows around.

"Are you hungry?" She said, taking out a somewhat patchy apple, part of yesternight's borrowing haul. She didn't really want to share it with him, but she couldn't just leave him there. Also, he was a guest. Kind of. Even if he was uninvited. Not looking at the boy for an answer, she took out her knife had started cutting the apple in two, one of the halves looking particularly better than the other. The other one she threw over to the boy. It was her apple, after all. Obviously she should have the good part.

As she ate the fruit, she started to realise she had to do something about this Nobody. She couldn't just leave him there, he might eat the rest of her food. Or give the nest somehow. Then again, if she just threw him he might lead others back to it anyway. Maybe she should try to find out where he came from, and bring him back there. He must belong to somebody.

"Were you in a fire?"
Love, scriver~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2012, 02:56:25 pm »

You should totally do that concurrently anyway, if only to try it out.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: June 11, 2012, 10:40:58 pm »

Oh wait, right.

Waitlist please.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: July 03, 2012, 08:10:04 pm »

I know it's unfair and unneeded, but BUMP. :P
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 20