Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20

Author Topic: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song  (Read 30336 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song
« Reply #150 on: December 05, 2011, 05:33:48 pm »

also, im gonna need to say "i do /// with an expressionless face"?

Huh? If you're asking whether you need an action then no you don't.

Considering that I have one person to write for now I should be able to run a turn in this today.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: December 09, 2011, 04:52:51 am »

Bump!

I'm not even playing and I must BUMP!
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: December 09, 2011, 05:39:17 am »

Hadn't been keeping up to date on this. Now that I am: Ouch.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: December 09, 2011, 02:19:59 pm »

When suddenly a haggard student appears!

Sorry, I've been sculpting a 6" tall bald chinese dude out of sandstone. My humanities professor decided we needed an eloquent object to finish out our semester. I'll see what I can do.

KillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKillthemallkillthemallkillthemallKILLTHEMKILLTHEMKILLTHEMKILLTHEM!!!
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: December 09, 2011, 03:23:55 pm »

dude so many kill them all makes 40k:s commissar "shoots legs and arms of for no fucking reason" seem sane
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: December 09, 2011, 03:27:01 pm »

At first I read that as 6' tall. Reaction: Wat.

Also, all this maiming and talk of horrible fates is making me reconsider my intentions to play a twelve year old.

But not strongly.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: December 09, 2011, 03:48:53 pm »

David shook his head back and forth groggily, his eyes open but unseeing as he tried to feel anything beyond throb of agony that seemed to be attempted to bit its way out of his skull. "Stupid... Careless... Dead." He slurred softly from between clenched teeth as he worked up force of will required to raise his eyes high enough to stare at something besides the legs of the chair beneath him.
    A strong voice tsked in irritation at David's faint words. "Lenore, be a dear and gag him. The echo is... bothersome."
    Something moved behind David and a slim but surprisingly strong hand squeezed David's shoulder, an oddly comforting gesture given the apparent circumstance. A moment later the hand receded, returning with a thick loop of dark cloth.
    "Hey... drinks fir- ghm" David tried to say as the person behind him threaded the gag through his teeth and tied it off behind his head. Growling unintelligibly through the gag David finally worked up the effort to raise his head and look around, wincing as the light stabbed needles through his throbbing mind.
     The room was a nice office, desk, lamp, endless piles of paper and ledgers, lot of wood and warm colors. All in all it was a very well decorated place to wake up after having your head smashed into a wall. The man sitting behind the desk however was more in keeping with what he'd been expecting, relaxed, thin, and wearing a mask shaped after the greek face of tragedy. David shifted slightly in the chair, wincing as he had to turn his head to look back at the woman behind him.
    "'h'ith." David cursed incomprehensibly at 'Angie' through his gag. He'd been willing to help her as far as he could, not a lot of people willing to risk the Trades even that far, and this was his payment? No good deed goes unpunished...
    "Mr. Hadjem, if you're done attempting to insult my staff I believe we have business to discuss." The masked man said, drawing David's attention back to him and the polished desk. "I've left you unbound and have even left your gun in its holster as a gesture of good faith, probably necessary considering the way that my dear secretary brought you in." The voice conveys a good natured demeanor, something utterly at odds with the twisted face of tears that the speaker wears.
    David grunted through his gag again, not exactly like his options were broad at this moment. He could listen to the man in the mask or shoot his way out, and considering that the first didn't obviate the second he could stand staying put until he had a better option.
    The man in the mask laughed suddenly, a rich laugh that was made strange by its lack of instigation. "Have it your way, it won't matter really." he said as he managed to contain his chuckles. "Lenore has informed me that you have a way with people, something that you have unfortunately used to dig in the wrong place with." The man sighed and clicked his fingers on the table in an even tempo. "The woman you are looking for was killed because she had become a danger. Recovering her body and-or finding proof that she killed Mr. Gregor will be impossible and highly inadvisable for you to attempt." The man stopped suddenly and stared at one of the papers on his desk, taking a moment to scrawl a note on the corner before continuing. "Normally I'd kill you even for trying, but considering your rather unique skills and Lenore's recommendation I have something else in mind."
   David felt his muscles tensing involuntarily as his body prepared to run, being told that the only reason this man had decided not to kill him was because of the recommendation of a woman who had only just recently attempted to remove his brain with a wall was somewhat disconcerting.
    The sobbing mask nodded as David tensed. "It is an interesting quandary isn't it?" He shrugged, "but that is beside the point. What I want you to do is to investigate why the woman you were after killed Mr. Gregor. She was a stable employee of ours, good, beautiful, well-off from her work, no need to steal and no motive to kill that we can find." The man leaned forward at his desk, steepling his fingers. "Find what made her kill this man and I'll forget that you were ever here and pay your original contract with Mrs. Gregor.  So, do we have an accord?"
    David remained motionless in his chair, he had a feeling this was the kind of offer that you couldn't refuse, or at least shouldn't if you didn't want a free wooden box. He still had his gun though, a rather comforting fact in the present situation...

Status Affects: Concussed

« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:51:23 pm by Draignean »
---

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: December 10, 2011, 03:23:57 pm »

He nodded yes vigorously. Besides, if he had learned she was killed, David would have followed up asking just this question.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: December 10, 2011, 03:56:36 pm »

And you're done.

Briar has two of five successes
Clayton is now Level 2. He has 18 Skill points to spend and 1 attribute point to spend.  He has 0 of eight for his next level.
David is now Level 2. He has 12 skill points to spend and 1 attribute point to spend. He has 0 of eight for his next level.
Patric has two of five successes.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: December 10, 2011, 04:27:12 pm »

OK, stat point to strength for carrying around the heavy fire extinguisher. 5 points in Lore, 5 points in Orate, and the remaining 8 points in Persuasion.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: December 13, 2011, 02:51:29 pm »

Bump. :P

Seems like we're waiting on Micelus to distribute his level up stats?
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: December 13, 2011, 06:47:29 pm »

waiting for me to finish this semester. last week of colege before spring, finals coming out of my ass. mylast class will test on friday. then will be free. sorry. no time.
---

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: December 13, 2011, 06:52:41 pm »

Oops. Again.

Attribute to Intelligence.

6 to Persuasion and 6 to Discern Truth.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: December 22, 2011, 01:52:04 am »

I have not forgotten nor abandoned this RTD.

The turn will not be tonight, and there is even a strong possibility that it will be delayed until after Christmas, but I do remember and I will continue.

As to the timeslip,
I know what I'm writing for Clay
I know what I'm writing for David
I mostly know what I'm writing for Briar
I sorta know what I'm writing for Patric

Just letting yallin's know.
---

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: December 22, 2011, 02:54:08 am »

We can be patient Draignean.

Until the stars are right.  We will wait. ???

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 20