Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20

Author Topic: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song  (Read 30272 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: City of Madness; Arkham. Signups complete.
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 10:43:07 pm »

Adding people to OP....
Complete.

Adding Waitlist...
Complete

Checking skill data for error...

Critical Error Found on charsheet: Bdthemag. 100+ point deviation from expected level. Please look over your char sheet for error.
Minor error found and corrected on charsheet: serious concentrate. Slight profession bonus to lore and orate corrected. New values instated, problem solved.
Sheet calculations completed for: Micelus
Calculations perfect: Ahra

Running Confirmation checks,
BD: No Check
Serious: Check
Micelus: Check
Ahra: Check

BD must correct sheet.

Generating starting perks...

BD, Tower of Will: You tend to isolate yourself from traumatic events in the past, keeping them out of your mind by sheer will. (The duration of malicious sanity based effects is one-quarter of normal.)
Serious, Endless Patience: Two kids, a teaching position, and years of drudging through mindless busywork have given you an extraordinary amount of patience. (You will never lose sanity or suffer skill maladies from Endless tedium, mindlessly complex busywork, or repeated failures.)
Micelus, Worn Mind: You're accustomed to the worse things in life, getting rejecting for what you want, being the victim of racism, losing a spouse, and not getting a life with your children in it. (All sanity damage against you is halved)
Ahra, Tough: Your life wasn't exactly a stellar example of a healthy living environment, but hell, it means that you could take a punch in gut better than most. (Endure is treated as twenty points higher when being hit with an unarmed or blunt attack)

Does anyone wish to re-roll their perk or shall I move on?

I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 10:49:45 pm »

Nah, I'm good. Sorry, I don't know where I got 15 instead of 10 at. ^^^;
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 11:12:15 pm »

Okay, I think I fixed it. Don't know what went wrong there...

Oh and the Perk looks good Draig.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 02:05:14 am »

im fine with my perk  :)
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 02:06:08 am »

Mine's good.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 07:38:13 am »

Here is the revised sheet, removed all attribute bonuses (but still included the profession and age bonus in acronyms, like Serious C), corrected some numbers, added a little to the biography and corrected my large amount of spelling mistakes.

I still have a question about the Oration skill (not included on the sheet) - I get points in it just from my attribute bonuses (and with my child perk it gets quite high against adults), would I still get to keep it despite not having any actual skill points invested in it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Love, scriver~

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2011, 11:38:41 am »

Here is the revised sheet, removed all attribute bonuses (but still included the profession and age bonus in acronyms, like Serious C), corrected some numbers, added a little to the biography and corrected my large amount of spelling mistakes.

I still have a question about the Oration skill (not included on the sheet) - I get points in it just from my attribute bonuses (and with my child perk it gets quite high against adults), would I still get to keep it despite not having any actual skill points invested in it?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yes you get to keep the bonus, it'll still be an effective skill of 40 even without additional investment.

Bdthemag your character sheet is still wrong. 1. Remember that skills start at -10. 2. If you want to make things easier then don't factor in your profession bonus, I can do that manually if you need it.

While BD is getting hisself sorted... Well I guess there isn't that much else to get sorted before we begin. I'm going to go with the surprise method of starting items and your starting locations will be based off your profession and bio.  Ah, it would be helpful if each of you could pick a color, this is simply something that I'm going to use to designate you vague location on the map with. If you don't pick I'll assign you one randomly.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2011, 11:43:29 am »

Guess I'll be green then. Also, do you mind if I have Brooks's house be on the corner where Lich Street meets S. Garrison Street? He doesn't have to start there, but I just thought I'd ask.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2011, 12:14:05 pm »

Guess I'll be green then. Also, do you mind if I have Brooks's house be on the corner where Lich Street meets S. Garrison Street? He doesn't have to start there, but I just thought I'd ask.

That's fine, less than a block away from the university so I was going to put you in that general area anyway. Though if you've been examining the map you will have noticed something else interesting as well...
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2011, 12:26:19 pm »

Do you mean the noted locations like the Bookstore? Or is it something else?

ALSO EDIT: Reanimate your feet. That is all.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 12:52:28 pm by SeriousConcentrate »

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2011, 12:39:38 pm »

Do you mean the noted locations like the Bookstore? Or is it something else?

Erk. No. I can't remove those, part of the initial map layer. They'll get worked in somewhere. Something else.

---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2011, 12:47:46 pm »

Hmm. I tried zooming out all the way and don't see anything. Is it that Innsmouth is nearby (northeast road out)? I remember there being an excellent Call of Cthulu Xbox game (never played it, unfortunately) set in Innsmouth. Anyway that's all I'm going to ask, I'll let other people have a go at guessing and if they all fail too I guess we'll be surprised at the reveal. ^^^

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2011, 04:23:41 pm »

Okay I think I got the character sheet right this time, hopefully.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2011, 04:38:08 pm »

You still have 380 points assigned when you should have 360 points assigned. I'll add your Profession back in when you cut the 20 points out.

While we're still waiting... I'm having second thoughts about the timeframe, specifically I'm wondering if I should move it further back or simply give up and declare Anachronism stew and give a general time bracket?

Hell the only reason I picked 1982 was because of a single astrological event.
---

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2011, 04:39:08 pm »

I honestly prefer the 1930's, because then we can run around with tommy guns and revolvers.

EDIT: Okay, it should be fixed. If its not, then I am a complete and utter idiot.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 20