Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20

Author Topic: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song  (Read 30330 times)

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably browsing tasteful erotic dolphin photos
    • View Profile
Re: City of Madness; Arkham. Ch. 1: The Lord of Broken Song
« Reply #120 on: December 01, 2011, 01:03:20 am »

Briar tries to find a large piece of furniture (not on fire of course.) and drags it near the window, he then ties an end of the rope to the furniture and prepares to scale down it.

Nothing on this floor is actively on fire yet so you're cool.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---
Q: "Do you have any idea what you're doing?"
A: "No, not particularly."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 01, 2011, 01:08:01 am »

Briar tries to find a large piece of furniture (not on fire of course.) and drags it near the window, he then ties an end of the rope to the furniture and prepares to scale down it.

Nothing on this floor is actively on fire yet so you're cool.
I dunno, I'm assuming something will randomly burst into fire and I'll fall out of a window and break my legs.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 01, 2011, 01:19:06 am »

Those beds should be heavy, this is the early 1900s - before everything was mass-produced out of plywood and plastic.

With little options before him, Clayton did the obvious thing and started spraying the fire down in an attempt to put out as much of it as he could. He couldn't stop the entire fire by himself, but maybe lessening it even a little would provide those inside a better chance of survival. At the same time, he needed to stay alive himself for the sake of his wife and daughters, so he wasn't going to venture too far from the entrance without making sure he had a quick way back - even if that meant dropping the extinguisher and running. By rights he had done his duty as a citizen just by calling the fire brigade, but his conscious wouldn't rest without him making some additional effort.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 01, 2011, 01:23:14 am »

Do exactly what she suggested, with discretion.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 01, 2011, 01:46:05 am »

"got it, boss" *takes the envelope and puts on ring as he leves th office to get back to work*
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 01, 2011, 03:23:38 pm »

Your actions are locked as of now, turn is being worked on.

Someone has made a very serious mistake.
I have a degree in Computer Seance, that means I'm officially qualified to tell you that the problem with your system is that it's possessed by Satan.
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2011, 03:29:06 pm »

Well, BD, one of us is dying this round. Prob'ly me. :P
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2011, 03:33:19 pm »

Oh no. I'm not going to KILL anyone.
Well probably not.

I haven't run enough of the turn to know yet. Your actions however will never merit a straight-up OHKO, at least not without a dice roll to accompany them. This is merely a case of a careless action that, well, it certainly won't be good for the user.

That and we get to see whether BD's hidden roll was good or bad.

EDIT: I actually have you pegged as the second LEAST likely to die right now serious, if that's any consolation. 
---

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2011, 03:37:44 pm »

Part of the problem with my user name is the tendency to believe people are trying to pun off of it because they (usually) are. >.>

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2011, 03:42:22 pm »

Well, lets take a look..

SC might get exploded by backdraft, falling rubble, exploding boiler or some sort of firey shenangians. Yes, serious mistake could apply here, but it can't really be helped. Maybe he should...not be by the fire...

BDthemag, well he can't not have made a mistake. He's in a burning building! Every decision is bad! but really good compared to getting roasted alive. A normal mistake injuries him, a serious one kills him. Also, he could get screwed on the hidden knot tying roll. lol

Micelus is betraying...well, lets just say he's taking a pretty big risk for that poor woman. Could easily end in death, but probably not THIS turn. Mistake? Well, we won't know for a while...

Ahra, who has joined the side of evil, is completely safe. :P

I think there's a lesson to be learned here.

Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2011, 04:18:45 pm »

Hah, he won't be safe if one he's thrown into jail.

I'm assuming i'll get kind of hurt from this encounter, if I'm lucky no injuries. But if I get hurt i'll probably spend time in a Hospital, where I assume sanity destroying shenanigans will go on.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2011, 04:25:33 pm »

I'm assuming i'll get kind of hurt from this encounter, if I'm lucky no injuries. But if I get hurt i'll probably spend time in a Hospital, where I assume sanity destroying shenanigans will go on.

Hospitals are places to recover (most of the time), you'll be taken out of the game (unless someone explicitly visits you) for a couple turns until you're healed again. Random events may occur but for the most part you're free and clear when you're resting in the hospital. Most of the time.

Also BD since you're online, do you want Briar to go down the rope first or should Robert go first?
---

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2011, 04:28:41 pm »

Hospitals are places to recover (most of the time), you'll be taken out of the game (unless someone explicitly visits you) for a couple turns until you're healed again. Random events may occur but for the most part you're free and clear when you're resting in the hospital. Most of the time.

Also BD since you're online, do you want Briar to go down the rope first or should Robert go first?
Briar will go down first.
Welcome to Reality.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2011, 04:33:44 pm »

Yeah, you would think the Trades use hospitals as one stop shops for dead bodies, and not quite yet dead ones, if they need them.

I mean, they've got hungry mouths to feed.  ???
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Draignean

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »

Yeah, you would think the Trades use hospitals as one stop shops for dead bodies, and not quite yet dead ones, if they need them.

I mean, they've got hungry mouths to feed.  ???

Shush you!

And now we've had our second beyond -100 failure. Ouchies.
---
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 20