Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: newb question about updates  (Read 2737 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: newb question about updates
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2011, 01:39:42 am »

DF's development is very slow. Toady should stop worrying about save compability between releases completely.

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2011, 01:30:38 pm »

No I didn't. I acknowledged that there's substantially increased potential for bugs. That doesn't mean it's not compatible.
Well, I think this topic is finally resolved.
Quote from: Toady
There was a bit of a discussion about save compatibility. I think in this release we've been moving slowly in the direction of it being practically impossible... and crossed that line a while ago.
No save compatibility at all. Stated explicitly. Word of God. No way to wiggle around it, sorry.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2011, 02:44:06 pm »

Very nice, YASD. Now that you've finally provided some concrete facts to support your viewpoint I'm happy to agree.

Kogut

• Bay Watcher
  • Next account: Bulwersator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2011, 04:48:10 pm »

Very nice, YASD. Now that you've finally provided some concrete facts to support your viewpoint I'm happy to agree.
Toady announced "I think in this release we've been moving slowly in the direction of it being practically impossible... and crossed that line a while ago.". You know, Toady is the guy that codes DF.
The worst bug - 34.11 poll
Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod
Kogut, the Bugfixes apostle of Bay12forum. Every posts he makes he preaches about the evil of Bugs.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2011, 05:02:00 pm »

Huh? What makes you think I don't know that? Perhaps you're looking for sarcasm wherein there is none.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2011, 08:07:34 am »

'Tis the wording of your response. For some reason, when Kogut, and I, first saw it, we read it as you needing more concrete facts (or a more concrete fact) in order to agree. I read it about 3 more times before I realized it meant the exact opposite of that  :-[

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2011, 08:19:22 am »

Welp, the confidence I had in my ability to properly communicate my thoughts in English takes another hit.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2011, 09:53:51 am »

Welp, the confidence I had in my ability to properly communicate my thoughts in English takes another hit.

I thought it was totally clear but w/e.

NotPete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2011, 12:33:22 pm »

I didn't read it thoroughly, and skimmed it the first time. I fault my comprehension ability.

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2011, 08:56:31 pm »

It's the 'very nice'. It comes across as sarcasm because 'very nice' written as a sentence fragment tends to be used only for sarcastic remarks. In the context of the thread it's not, but it made me pause a moment to think about it.
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.
Pages: 1 [2]