Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14

Author Topic: Endless RTD (Signups and Discussion Thread)  (Read 14905 times)

Powder Miner

• Bay Watcher
  • this avatar is years irrelevant again oh god oh f-
    • View Profile
Re: Endless RTD (Signups and Discussion Thread)
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2011, 11:37:45 pm »

Name: Powder Carpenter
Bio: At the age of 13, the humans of the Powder clan have always specialized in professions and doing them at the best quality possible. Powder Carpenter is no exception, and at the age of 18, he's a proficient carpenter. However, the Powder Clan's work was disrupted by the Nazis and their clan scattered. Powder Carpenter was the one who finally decided to do something about it. He's set out to destroy the Nazi Empire with his skills of carpentry, and he joined the agents to fight them. He's a tall peach-skinned human, stronger than average (but not very much). His hair is amber as well as his eyes, and his hair is short. He has no facial hair, and he is fairly thick-irised. He is wiry.
He's incredibly calm, very occasionally overindulges, is a tad reserved, and besides his carpentry, believes spending time alone is more important than spending time with others. He can easily become absorbed in art and the beauty of the natural world. He never expresses his emotions, and indeed very much isn't aware of them.
He likes fire agates, blackcap wood, bluejay leather, pig tail fiber, helms, axes, chairs, and muck roots for their twisting shapes. He absolutely detests fire snakes. When possible, he prefers to consume dragon meat and tuber beer.
Inventory: A log (cut to carry-able size on the back). If possible carpentry tools.
Skill: Proficient Carpenter (+1 to actions involving carpentry)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 10, 2011, 01:34:59 am »

How much HP do our players have right now? It ain't marked anywhere in the turn.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Noodlerex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2011, 02:50:51 am »

Name:Miss Take ( you said what momma calls you :P)
Bio: A buxom brunette in her early 20's Miss Take is widely regarded as the worlds most beautiful dwarven supermodel. drafted into the DIA(dwarven Intelligence Agency) at the age of 15 she possess a wide knowledge of charming and intimidation techniques.
Inventory: "secret" make up container containing her sleeping gas lipstick bomb.
Skill: Femine Wiles +1 to conning male characters

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 10, 2011, 03:02:05 am »

Bio: He's set out to destroy the Nazi Empire with his skills of carpentry, and he joined the agents to fight them. He's a tall peach-skinned human, stronger than average (but not very much). His hair is amber as well as his eyes, and his hair is short. He has no facial hair, and he is fairly thick-irised. He is wiry.
He's incredibly calm, very occasionally overindulges, is a tad reserved, and besides his carpentry, believes spending time alone is more important than spending time with others. He can easily become absorbed in art and the beauty of the natural world. He never expresses his emotions, and indeed very much isn't aware of them.
He likes fire agates, blackcap wood, bluejay leather, pig tail fiber, helms, axes, chairs, and muck roots for their twisting shapes. He absolutely detests fire snakes. When possible, he prefers to consume dragon meat and tuber beer.

Powder Miner that is so pleasing to my eye that I'm tempted to resign my place on the spot. Excellent.

Oh, also, Gatleos, that's a brilliant episode title. Thank you.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 03:04:20 am by lawastooshort »

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
  • Mournhold... City of Light... City of MAGIC!
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #34 on: November 10, 2011, 08:50:10 am »

How much HP do our players have right now? It ain't marked anywhere in the turn.
I'm just going to use my usual injury system:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Think I should put that in the OP? Other GMs might use something different.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Quote from: Moonshadow101
it would be funny to see babies spontaneously combust
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2011, 08:54:04 am »

Think I should put that in the OP? Other GMs might use something different.

Yes - I think you should put it in the OP and it could be considered the "suggested injury system" which future GMs can change at their own risk.

A question though, how does one die?

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2011, 09:04:41 am »

Bleed out or the head is the missing limb, methinks.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2011, 09:08:19 am »

That's the problem, you see- there's no built-in death condition. I guess I could include some hitpoints which lower when the character is bleeding and restore when they're not, but there are no stats so I would have to arbitrarily assign hitpoint amounts to everyone. Or everyone from a battle-hardened commando to a sickly kindergarten-age girl could have the same hitpoints.

Whaddaya think? Your answer won't affect the next turn, no one's bleeding in it- so far.
Think of it like Sim City, except with rival mayors that seek to destroy your citizens by arming legions of homeless people and sending them to attack you.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2011, 09:10:03 am »

In a technical sense we all die when we lose a certain amount of blood anyway. So... its more percentage of blood left than hit points I guess?

light cuts would be one per turn.
Fractures.. don't bleed? Do they? I'll say 5 per turn.
Heavy would be 10 per turn
Very heavy would be 20 per turn.
Missing limbs are also 20 per turn if not taken care of because, you know, the whole your arm is gone thing.
Broken limbs I'll say 5 per, I guess.

No injuries: +8 per turn.

Humans have 100 total, Dwarves 120, elves 90.

I suspect dwarves would be a bit more resilient in that regard, as a different and physically 'tougher' species, and opposite elves. This completely fucks with the balance system since dwarves are clearly better, but something something bluh.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 09:16:33 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #39 on: November 10, 2011, 10:07:47 am »

We won't always have the same races/classes, so I'm just giving every player 100 no matter what. Also, broken limbs won't affect health. The minus to certain rolls is enough.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 10, 2011, 10:10:55 am »

100, when damage is unlikely to ever go above 6? You sure about that?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #41 on: November 10, 2011, 10:14:06 am »

100, when damage is unlikely to ever go above 6? You sure about that?
Attacks don't cause HP damage directly, they cause injuries. Bleeding drains your HP a certain amount every turn, so untreated heavy bleeding (from, say, a gunshot to the gut) would kill a player in 20 turns. Very heavy bleeding (from a missing limb, usually,) will drain a player's health in five turns.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

DinosaurusRex_x

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 10, 2011, 05:25:30 pm »

waitlist
Play my picture adventure games: Roll to Dodge Mr T and You Are Douchebag!

Gatleos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Someone Sig This
« Reply #43 on: November 11, 2011, 09:52:51 am »

If you were curious:

Internal Damage
Light Wound
Heavy Wound
Missing Something

Derm will be demonstrating this turn.
Gat HQ (Sigtext)
++U+U++ // ,.,.@UUUUUUUU

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 11, 2011, 10:00:22 am »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14