Author Topic: Noo!  (Read 3353 times)

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Noo!
« on: November 09, 2011, 02:45:19 am »

I am so sad.

Urist McAxe dodges into a pond. He drowns. Awwww

I then say hmm, he's the guy with the steel battleaxe, so I go try to find a way to get him out. Instead of just draining the pool into a cavern or something I decide that it would be best to pump the water out.

I assemble a screw pump and begin pumping, of course forgetting that the water will just flow back into the pool bringing my pumper with it. The first one with no swimming experience manages to drag himself out of the ramp. I'm ecstatic i've just developed a place to train swimmers! so about 6 dwarves with the pump labour come on over to it and get swished into the pool. They then drag themselves out and wait in line to try it again. Then along comes McLengedary Mason/Architect. (My only mason in a fort of 130 dwarves) He tries it out, gets swept back in and immediately gets frozen.

:(
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Re: Noo!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2011, 02:46:26 am »

Hahaha. There's better ways to do it, and less dangerous. Though not quite as hilarious and dwarvenly.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2011, 05:19:55 am »

I laughed at the end  :D

dr_random

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2011, 07:12:50 am »

And finally the miners can clear the way to the steel battleaxe.

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2011, 07:16:13 am »

This is a clever innovation, maybe setting it up indoors won't cast your dwarfs in ice.

You should mine out where he was frozen and use the ice to make a statue of said mason.
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

sniken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2011, 08:23:39 am »

Haha, sorry for your loss but that was hilarious  ;D

Gonna try one of these myself, but indoors.

Triaxx2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2011, 10:48:40 am »

Awesome.

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2011, 11:25:07 am »

I first learned how this works when trying to irrigate ground by placing a pump next to a river.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2011, 02:04:18 pm »

Well at least he didn't dodge into a volcano at the first site of a bonobo. like my legendary metalsmith, oh and for the record if you ever try pitting an elephant, don't. My lame herbalist was tasked to do so on top of my death tower and the elephant calf immediately interrupted him and he jumped to his death .....oh well, lame herbalist.
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2011, 03:01:56 pm »

Was the elephant tame? I've succesfully dropped multiple elephants from the tops of towers o' doom. Now I'm considering adding the [PRONE_TO_RAGE] -tag to them, simply to make them Fun again.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »

Well, atleast theres an easy way to get thier useful stuff, bodies and socks out now it has frozen... simply mine a ramp into the pond and dig it out to be hauled away and stored.
This is a blank sig.

Jessoftherocks

• Bay Watcher
  • Grounds all green and mushy, in dungeons o Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2011, 04:01:29 pm »

Yeah the elephant was tame but the elephant calf wasn't , my bad. heheheh
You obviously found a new species of smart kobold.
Way to go, you killed the only smart kobold's to have existed.
See? Not everyone avoids you!

Andrew425

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2011, 04:08:11 pm »

All the bodies disappeared. When the pool thawed the bodies and their equipment were gone.

I really wanted that axe :(

Well at least he didn't dodge into a volcano at the first site of a bonobo

One of my furnace operators dodged into magma to get away from a gremlin. Not a big loss as I could just recruit another few to fill his place. Oh wait, he was drafted into the militia. Why did he have the other steel battle axe?

It's now sitting there in a magma pit and i'm wondering how to get it without cutting off the magma supply to my forges.
May the mass times acceleration be with you

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2011, 05:02:19 pm »

Oh goodness me this is hilarious

Oliolli

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:unlikeability]
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2011, 12:20:15 am »

All the bodies disappeared. When the pool thawed the bodies and their equipment were gone.

The ice melted? As I recall, it was either melting or mining ice, any stuff that was in the water when it froze will disappear. Someone discovered this with a freeze-me -trap. I guess it was melting, as he melted the ice after every use, always leaving behind nothing. Then one time he mined it out, and suddenly the whole trap area was full of goblin corpses and goblinite.

Quote from: Girlinhat
When all you've got is an adjustable spanner and an entire freight warehouse of terrifying cogs and gears, everything looks like "just a prototype".
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
You all turned Swordthunders into a bastion of madness that seems to warp in on itself under its own hatred of sanity.  I'm so happy!
Quote from: Loud Whispers
drowning babies everywhere o-o
Pages: [1] 2