Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Do you think?  (Read 3954 times)

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Do you think?
« on: November 08, 2011, 09:23:27 pm »

Ive been watching alot of videos of UFO's this year there is alot and they look real... Do you think they will like Dwarf Fortress? Do you think they will have strong enough computers to run at 10000 FPS with 200 dwarves? Lets hope!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Do you think?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 09:25:31 pm »

Unidentified flying microsoft...?

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 09:26:23 pm »

I think that modern computers are already good enough to make faking UFO videos really easy.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 09:27:03 pm »

I think that modern computers are already good enough to make faking UFO videos really easy.

Then why is there so many and they are on the news etc?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 09:28:26 pm »

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Erm I hate to break it to you but.....

You're missing the point!

It's a conspiracy! Government sponsored secret projects - Flying laptops that can play DF with over 9000 fps per milliseconds :O!!!

Hitty40

• Bay Watcher
  • Poker face, motherfucker.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 09:28:55 pm »

Because people are stupid enough to believe what's on the news. If there really were UFO's, whatever was in them would have already proceeded to contact us.
Ho Ho Ho! I'm going to be sticking economic stone so far up your stockings, you'll be coughing up gemstone windows!
You see, when the devil comes on to your forums and begins dropping F bombs and shouts 'GIVE ALL YOUR WOMEN!', he's in a happy mood.
if there's lots of g's and z's, it's gobbo. If you don't really recognize it, it's human. if it's called Urist, it's dwarf.

Sphalerite

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Drew's Robots and stuff
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 09:30:03 pm »

Because it's really easy to fake them, so lots of people do, and the news will run anything that they think is a good story without worrying about whether it's real or not.
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger and more complex... It takes a touch of genius --- and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:27 pm »

Because it's really easy to fake them, so lots of people do, and the news will run anything that they think is a good story without worrying about whether it's real or not.

Not to mention they say pretty much anything that will rouse their targeted audience, who happen to be... Well I am lost for polite words here.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 09:31:40 pm »

Because people are stupid enough to believe what's on the news. If there really were UFO's, whatever was in them would have already proceeded to contact us.

What about YU55 being a mothership? and Ellenin had 2 objects following it and then they circled the sun PROVE ME WRONG

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 09:32:38 pm »

What about YU55 being a mothership? and Ellenin had 2 objects following it and then they circled the sun PROVE ME WRONG

Prove it to be true.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 09:33:36 pm »

Prove it to be true.

Just wait for 2012 they will come...

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 09:34:38 pm »

London Olympics? Oh that'd be a nice event :D

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 09:37:36 pm »

Alright everyone, don't get your knickers in a bunch. We don't need no flame war arguing over something that we know so little about.

INITIATING ANTI-DERAILMENT PROCEDURE:
Should aliens exist, I think they would find DF to be a very interesting game, giving them further insight into the complicated minds of humans.

wypie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:38 pm »

Alright everyone, don't get your knickers in a bunch. We don't need no flame war arguing over something that we know so little about.

Should aliens exist, I think they would find DF to be a very interesting game, giving them further insight into the complicated minds of humans.

Thank you for the Rerailment and yes I agree

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 09:38:51 pm »

But would they share their awesome logic processing powers?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5