Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 3  (Read 7592 times)

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Modern Warfare 3
« on: November 08, 2011, 10:44:27 am »

Just to let you all know, it's exactly the same game as MW2. I'm not saying it is good or bad, just saying it's the same game. I recommend waiting for a huge sale.
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 3
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:53:20 am »

This does not surprise me in the least. Seeing as how matchmaking has been getting worse and worse with each game, with BO matchmaking being literally unusable for me (it never found a match, even if left idling for hours, despite the fact that I had no difficulty with any other multiplayer game), I was already going to pass on this.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 10:57:41 am »

Didn't they say that they were changing a bunch of stuff? Why am I not surprised that this is the same thing as last year...
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 11:52:02 am »

Didn't they say that they were changing a bunch of stuff? Why am I not surprised that this is the same thing as last year...

Oh, I'm sure they did! Changed the names of the perks, changed the textures of the uniforms, changed the names of the maps. Hell, maybe they even started using a new shade of brown.

3. Run Resize Enable

Necro910

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Drunk +5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:06:30 pm »

Oh, I'm sure they did! Changed the names of the perks, changed the textures of the uniforms, changed the names of the maps. Hell, maybe they even started using a new shade of brown.
The different CoD games are mostly just reskins at this point. We'll get a new gamemode, maybe a new game element (CoD Points, as an example), and some stuff to make it somewhat relate to the plot.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:19:18 pm »

and the thing that really blows me away....it's not stable. Now if it had a new engine or even a single new game mechanic I would be understanding, but I have had 2 separate "reliable:overflow event" crashes. WTF? It's not any new tech, or even inspiring story. It has evoked ZERO emotion. And these asshats are trying to get people to subscribe to monthly content updates for $60 a year, in addition to the $60 a pop "new" game every year. They can go f-ck themselves.

I can't believe a company is training it's customers in the art of violence and then blatantly f_cking them over. I'm sure this will end just fine.

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 12:22:20 pm »

RELATED: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5dsOn06w1s

The only thing fun about these COD games are the zombie MP maps.  A bit off topic.. Didn't battlefield say they were gonna release some type of survival map where you co op with people and fight off waves of bots?

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2011, 12:27:09 pm »

yup battlefield has co-op only missions where you fight off wave after wave, which unlocks some cool equipment for use in multiplayer.

edit: get this, official answer about crash from IW is I should have stayed in the proper corridor during the firefight. If I had gone in the building instead of stayed on the street, it wouldn't have crashed. OMFG, lol! Worst on rails experience ever.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 12:33:44 pm by hemmingjay »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2011, 12:42:15 pm »

edit: get this, official answer about crash from IW is I should have stayed in the proper corridor during the firefight. If I had gone in the building instead of stayed on the street, it wouldn't have crashed. OMFG, lol! Worst on rails experience ever.

Lol, that is hilarious.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Tnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2011, 12:43:49 pm »

@ Hemmingjay: Ah good to know.

You know, it also sucks that COD games never really go on SALE to the degree that battlefield games go on sale.  When BC2 went on sale for $2.50.. it was like.. INSANITY.  I bought a bunch of spare copies just for the hell of it.  I have never seen a COD sale dip under $20 bucks in the meantime.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2011, 03:10:55 pm »

IW: Sorry, invisible walls are too expensive for our railroading purposes.

3. Run Resize Enable

KatalDT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2011, 03:31:03 pm »

LOL!

That reminds me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1ZtBCpo0eU

Go to 1:10 and watch for 30 seconds or so. (Watch the entire thing if you have time) It's Quake if it was made today... and it's perfect.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2011, 04:56:38 pm »

I would have enjoyed CoD:MW2 a lot more if it weren't for the terrible multiplayer issues. Single player was meh, but I expect that from FPS's. It's sad to hear they haven't changed anything for the better since making the last games.

The only thing fun about these COD games are the zombie MP maps.  A bit off topic.. Didn't battlefield say they were gonna release some type of survival map where you co op with people and fight off waves of bots?

They already made an entire game like that without all the extra stuff tacked on. It's called Left 4 Dead 2. :P

I never played any of the zombie matches, but, for me, the most entertaining part of CoD:MW2 was going through and unlocking the weapons and their attachments. I don't know why I liked it so much, but it was the most satisfying unlock system I've ever seen in a FPS - Which isn't saying much, admittedly.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2011, 05:16:31 pm »

Honestly, I really don't know why people think this game series is SO COOL. I played it. It was boring, and dull. And the more I hear about it, the more it looks like a stupid huge slugfest.

And half the people in the same grade as me think its the best thing ever. And honestly, you should hear them. They sound like some huge faggots when they gasm about it. They even said that they didn't like Black Ops because it was (remotely) more balanced.

Edit: Then again, I am the kind of guy who likes more slower, strategic action. Kinda sucks for people like me now that the markets main focus is "Super fast and stupid FPSs", huh?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 05:18:48 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 05:18:50 pm »

Yeah, I played CODMW3 a month ago at an expo and I have to say, it felt like more of the same.

What annoy's me more is I can't check my facebook without seeing it on there. Gragh, i need to start just texting people more often...
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5