Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Utopia: the quest for the perfect fortress!  (Read 1059 times)

Zirikki

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Utopia: the quest for the perfect fortress!
« on: November 07, 2011, 10:21:14 pm »

Hey everyone, I'm new here. I decided to play dwarf fortress again after briefly trying it a year ago. And being the perfectionist I am, I've decided I will make a "perfect" fortress. Being a newbie, I'm not exactly sure what constitutes a perfect fortress, so for now I'm just trying to make a fort that is completely self-reliant.

So what do you guys think? I'd love to hear suggestions and stories of other attempts at making a perfect fortress.

I'll update the thread with my progress soon.

Mapleguy555

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Utopia: the quest for the perfect fortress!
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 10:25:57 pm »

1. Legendary Labors for everyone.
2. Masterwork everything.
3. *Clears Throat* Necro, if you please?
4. 5 squads of Legendary Military wearing candy.
5. Perfect symmetry. ( At least for the exterior carving and such, like Weatherwires' dome. )

6a. Loyalty Cascade after you finish.
6b. Necro, if you please (Again.)
6c. 2 words. Forgotten Beast Zombie Rot Army.
6d. Candy Fort.

Pokon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:HAHAHAHA]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 10:45:21 pm »

Utopia, Dwarven.
                       See: Communist Paradise.
A vile force of dark'ness has arrived, led by their champion Ebony Dark'ness Dementia Raven Way.

tommy521

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2011, 10:47:30 pm »

Has anyone noticed a lack of Necro lately? I haven't seen him around in a while. Hope he isn't... sleeping or something...

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 12:05:51 am »

Define 'utopia'. Pure dwarven utopia or human utopia?

Human utopia is everyone living in perfect harmony, without a care or a [MANDATE] in the world.

Dwarven utopia is blood, guts, vomit and beer spilled across the halls with insane dwarves and children sitting in the fetal position and what's left of the population running, screaming, killing and burning everything. Demons fighting beasts fighting goblins fighting elves. Magma seeps from every orifice to the surface. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

zehive

• Bay Watcher
  • [DRAGONFIREBREATH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 12:11:21 am »

Human utopia is everyone living in perfect harmony, without a care or a [MANDATE] in the world.

Dwarven utopia is blood, guts, vomit and beer spilled across the halls with insane dwarves and children sitting in the fetal position and what's left of the population running, screaming, killing and burning everything. Demons fighting beasts fighting goblins fighting elves. Magma seeps from every orifice to the surface. And I wouldn't have it any other way.
in this way, boatmurdered was the nearest to dwarven utopia anyone has ever gotten.

Dave1004

• Bay Watcher
  • This is getting personal.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 12:14:41 am »

Really? My dwarfs are awfully content sitting in their rooms, drinking legendary booze and admiring epic statues. Quite content indeed...

To OP: Symmetry. On absolutely EVERYTHING. Let the OCD inside of you take control! RAAAWR!

Hardcap of 200 MB/24 hours.