Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Masterwork only Fortress  (Read 3565 times)

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork only Fortress
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 06:41:00 pm »

Just to see what it was worth. I sent a single masterpiece adamantine battleaxe to the trade depot. Last year they said they would pay almost double for battle axes. Well. This thing is worth 244,800. And his caravan is only worth 63,648. Do I want to trade one godly item for a load of crap?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2011, 07:04:14 pm »

Think of next year's caravan... it's based on this year's profit. Sell them the axe ;)
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

GoldenShadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2011, 07:24:11 pm »

I have 3 extra masterpiece adamantine right gauntlets. Lucky I only ended up with 13 right by the time I got 10 lefts.  So those will get shipped out to trade next year.

Would it be better to trade away the non masterpiece adamantine armor or melt it down? I started with 777 wafers. Now I'm down to just about 500 or so and I have a full set of breastplates, helms, high boots and gauntlets. 8/10 greaves 3/10 shields 4/10 swords. So almost there.

Grumbledwarfskin

• Bay Watcher
  • stilts don't have skin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2011, 11:13:02 pm »

I'd keep the exceptionals as well, so you can equip the whole fortress in adamantine, and melt down the low quality stuff to make more high-quality stuff from. And I'd hold onto the "extra" masterwork gauntlets for the same reason.

It's not like you can't buy the entire caravan (and overpay to encourage large caravans) with something like a 3x3 field of plump helmets, cooked to become ☼plump helmet roast☼, or a few stone crafts.
Pages: 1 [2]