Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: 37 war dogs vs. frogotten beast  (Read 8849 times)

xl 4ndre lx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 37 war dogs vs. frogotten beast
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2011, 04:36:15 pm »

I'm just saying you either embarked with a pretty big screen, or got luck *which I'm not ruling out. I did a standard 2x2 embark and got 4 adamantine pillars :O

Why do you find it so unbelievable that he found 5 pillars on a 5x5 embark, when you admittedly have seen it before on an even smaller embark?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2011, 04:49:54 pm »

Because he never said how large his embark screen was >_>

Also, there's a rather finnicky way adamantine pillars are placed, and it is literally impossible for a 4x4 embark to have more than 4 pillars... Also, he traded away his adamantine, as individual wafers, which means he might be new to this game, in which this means we should at least try to help him out ;P
OH, not to mention, luck is something pretty much everyone on bay12 lacks. Happy? :D

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 06:16:12 pm »

Because he never said how large his embark screen was >_>

Also, there's a rather finnicky way adamantine pillars are placed, and it is literally impossible for a 4x4 embark to have more than 4 pillars... Also, he traded away his adamantine, as individual wafers, which means he might be new to this game, in which this means we should at least try to help him out ;P
OH, not to mention, luck is something pretty much everyone on bay12 lacks. Happy? :D

well i am new but im not a newb my current for is about 10 ish years old (how to you check age of fort) and i understand that adamantine is a/the most valueble resorce in the game but thats why i sell it. i don't do it because i don't know that it makes great armor and weapons or because it makes shit hammers, i do it because it is easy. i can move gold or silver but this is easy. so ya... i am one lazy person
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 08:30:41 pm »

Newb = New player :)
Adamantine is the most valuable material, yes. But it is also one of the most useful, and getting rid of an irreplaceable and tactile material as adamantine so easily (in the most inefficient way possible) is like torture to a lot of people on bay12  :'(

And it doesn't make great armour or weapons, it makes GODLIKE armour and weapons. And there are easier, and more valuable ways to make good trade goods... Out of useless materials as well :-\

And if you are going to trade adamantine, at least turn it into serrated discs or something, that gives you a value multiplier, and you will profit more ^_^

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 16, 2011, 08:37:08 pm »

Newb = New player :)
Adamantine is the most valuable material, yes. But it is also one of the most useful, and getting rid of an irreplaceable and tactile material as adamantine so easily (in the most inefficient way possible) is like torture to a lot of people on bay12  :'(

And it doesn't make great armour or weapons, it makes GODLIKE armour and weapons. And there are easier, and more valuable ways to make good trade goods... Out of useless materials as well :-\

And if you are going to trade adamantine, at least turn it into serrated discs or something, that gives you a value multiplier, and you will profit more ^_^

yaya i know put a man in adamantine breast plate and he's fucking iron men. and yep it's not effeciant but its easier. pls i just killed the off candy land so im dancing in the blue stuff now.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 16, 2011, 11:03:52 pm »

Wow, you took out the circus? Just like that? Only one dwarf in candy, too? Okay, impressive. :o

I want to hear the story, from start to finish. :) How did it go down?
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2011, 01:05:46 pm »

More than possible if the demons were made of snow/steam/vomit. Or if its a demonic fortress and the horde hasnt been released just yet.

Though the potential for bullshit there is very high, as my most recent triumphal failure of Testpage fell to snowdemons, despite a funnel of 10 sets of 10 steel spike traps on repeat, 10 elite marksdwarves, 10 hammer lords and 10 swordmasters. When they fell, zerging with my civvies was funny.

OP, round here we are more impressed by glorious failure than boasts of grandeur. Just sayin.
This is a blank sig.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2011, 04:39:49 pm »

More than possible if the demons were made of snow/steam/vomit. Or if its a demonic fortress and the horde hasnt been released just yet.

Though the potential for bullshit there is very high, as my most recent triumphal failure of Testpage fell to snowdemons, despite a funnel of 10 sets of 10 steel spike traps on repeat, 10 elite marksdwarves, 10 hammer lords and 10 swordmasters. When they fell, zerging with my civvies was funny.

OP, round here we are more impressed by glorious failure than boasts of grandeur. Just sayin.

i siad in an comment earlier in the thread that i have 20 somtin armor already made. i just put them in there super suits and sent them away. and 1/2 were snow monster things. and i cant seem to find the demonic fortress

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2011, 04:44:54 pm »

Grammar... Underwhelming....

Quote from: Jaxler
easier

I don't understand what this is.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2011, 06:06:37 pm »

Grammar... Underwhelming....

Quote from: Jaxler
easier

I don't understand what this is.

time effeciency:

i do this becuase i can save time and move on to more important matters

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2011, 06:14:44 pm »

Efficiency? What's that? We know only dwarfiness here.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2011, 06:31:13 pm »

Trading adamantine for beer is quite dwarfy thank you.

I give the humans lovely adamantine figurines of elves being slaughtered in exchange for vastly ridiculous quantities of alcohol.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2011, 04:20:48 pm »

I give the humans lovely adamantine figurines of elves being slaughtered in exchange for vastly ridiculous quantities of alcohol.

you sir get the dwarfy award of the year. thank you for agreeing with me

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2011, 04:35:31 pm »

you sir get the dwarfy award of the year. thank you for agreeing with me
-raises mug-

UristMcFan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2011, 06:12:01 pm »

It is Dwarfy to sell humans and elves things made into other things, of course, but what is Dwarfier? Selling a priceless bar of adamantium to the humans for it's actual worth, where they will take it home and make it into weapons or armour, or carving a few hundred lumps of stone, and convincing the surface dwellers to buy the 18th barrel full of limestone toy boats, that would just clutter up the fortress anyway?

Also, how'd you kill the clown's? I've always had trouble with that.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6