Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6

Author Topic: 37 war dogs vs. frogotten beast  (Read 8841 times)

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
Re: 37 war dogs vs. frogotten beast
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2011, 06:13:47 pm »

Jaxler, I must say, I commend you for your ingenious use of candy. My suggestion: Dig as much out as you can.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2011, 06:42:17 pm »

Jaxler, I must say, I commend you for your ingenious use of candy. My suggestion: Dig as much out as you can.

I actually agree here too, little risk, just  watch out for magma  :P

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2011, 11:08:34 pm »

i know all too well about HFS i allready have 20 sets adamantine armor and weapons. the only thing i can do know is use it for other reasons building are impracticle as i already make buildings of gold. so for semplistic reasons and time reasons i move 1 bar and get all the shit i need. i could use gold but... "meh" so ya i sould use candy for another 400 armor. guess i could make 1 statue per caravan and buy them out. IN FACT I WILL DO THAT. TANKS YALL
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 01:27:05 pm »

i know all too well about HFS i allready have 20 sets adamantine armor and weapons. the only thing i can do know is use it for other reasons building are impracticle as i already make buildings of gold. so for semplistic reasons and time reasons i move 1 bar and get all the shit i need. i could use gold but... "meh" so ya i sould use candy for another 400 armor. guess i could make 1 statue per caravan and buy them out. IN FACT I WILL DO THAT. TANKS YALL

I... Really only understood half of the things you just said. And you said you have 5 adamantine pillars on your embark... Just how large is your embark map?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 01:28:13 pm »

You will need more than 20 sets once you reach the tent. :)
This is a blank sig.

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 01:36:08 pm »

Are they masterwork?

YetAnotherStupidDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 04:00:04 pm »

This whole thread is hilarious. My advice: if you really HAVE to sell adamantine, at least make large serrated adamantine discs. They will sell for insane amount of cash.
Dwarf Fortress - where the primary reason to prevent death of your citizens is that it makes them more annoying then they were in life.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 04:09:26 pm »

i dont have to sell it, it just do it to saves time

and my map is 5-5 (my world is pocket in order to make up for the lag)

and i have my 2 legandary workers making them so i assume that they are making masterwork stuffz

and i don't need to sell it i just do.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 07:25:59 pm by jaxler »

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 06:30:51 pm »

Just want to point out that how large your world is has virtually no effect on your FPS in-game. The only thing that it does is decrease the time that it takes to generate the world, making smaller worlds nicer for those with computers that would take an hour or two to gen a large world.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2011, 02:05:26 pm »

I'm talking about the size of your embark screen - Just sayin' cos if you've got 5 adamantine pillars....

Talvieno

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello, Death. How's life?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2011, 03:12:21 pm »

If I understand right, a 5x5 embark can have anywhere from 4 to 9 candy sticks.
Quote from: Mr Frog
Talvieno ... seems to be able to smash out novella-length tales on demand

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2011, 07:26:42 pm »

If I understand right, a 5x5 embark can have anywhere from 4 to 9 candy sticks.

yepz

Murphy

• Bay Watcher
  • Lazy half-ass
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 16, 2011, 02:28:04 am »

Just want to point out that how large your world is has virtually no effect on your FPS in-game. The only thing that it does is decrease the time that it takes to generate the world, making smaller worlds nicer for those with computers that would take an hour or two to gen a large world.
Loading times.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 16, 2011, 12:34:22 pm »

Loading times.
I guess, however that still is a negligible effect compared to the 3x3, 4x4, 5x5 or whatever size of your embark site, and it has no actual effect upon the FPS after loading, simply increasing the time it takes to load in the first place.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #59 on: November 16, 2011, 03:08:11 pm »

I'm just saying you either embarked with a pretty big screen, or got luck *which I'm not ruling out. I did a standard 2x2 embark and got 4 adamantine pillars :O
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6