Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not really a help request, but I imagine more people will read it here...  (Read 564 times)

Woodimt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Howdy!

I'd like to take a quick moment to say THANK YOU to Tarn Adams, Bay 12, and all the people on here who are so quick with providing help.  It took a week for me to ascend the first leg of the learning MOUNTAIN... and I hit these forums and the Wiki about once an hour... but holy crap, I made it, and I am having an unbelievable amount of fun.  I just survived my first goblin attack (I lost 10 people because they kept running for loot while the battle was raging), but the 75 dwarves that are left, and I, are looking forward to the next few hundred years of digging!

Seriously, THANK YOU!!  This may be the most fun I've ever had with a video game.

--Wood

(P.S. - Why do I like it so much?  Because:  I love D&D and Rifts, but I can only play it when others have time.  I love SimCity, but I wished it had a military or strategy aspect to it.  I love Dark Age of Camelot, but my creative side isn't fulfilled.  I love the PAUSE BUTTON, the ability to micromanage if I so feel like it, the stories I make in my head when I'm playing a fantasy game, and the simple graphics (like MayDay's) that are just enough to fuel my imagination.  Seriously, THANK YOU!!  This is everything an intelligent, creative, obsessive, strategy-loving person like myself could ever want.)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Not really a help request, but I imagine more people will read it here...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2011, 08:00:16 am »

Try looking up the stories others have been driven to create. They brim with creativity and ancient lore.

Hall of Legends would help, a link in my sig. Also, you could try making your own story if you have enough time  :D, the difficulty curve on DF kills off many people but those that survive get the sweet rewards.

Oh, and Welcome to the forums! Hope yer having lotsa fun with yer dwarfy dwarves!