Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: fairly good grip on game, but need some help, video of fortress provided  (Read 2649 times)

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
  • newbie coming into his own
    • View Profile
Re: fairly good grip on game, but need some help, video of fortress provided
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2011, 02:18:49 pm »

what, seriously? there is never a time where a dwarf will fight it [the infection] off with their immune system?

Arek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2011, 07:13:57 pm »

Depends on partially on the disease resistance (or at least i believe) and mostly on the number of infected wounds. I had lot of dwarves with 1-2 infected wounds just get over it, after some time. 3+ can sometimes be lethal, and 5+ is a death sentence. Come to think of, i never actually see a dwarf to die from one infected wound.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 12, 2011, 07:33:00 pm »

cool.

so how many caravans and diplomats do i ave to kill to cause war?

edit: sorry didnt mean to sound rude, just ive been trying to cause war for a while but its not working

oh! and here is a pic of my world. a massive rain shadow makes lots of badlands and deserts

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 07:52:32 pm by jasonwill2 »

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 14, 2011, 07:59:11 pm »

eerr, even after all this time i cant get beer production to work right.

oh, and apparently i need 7k road value to become a capital... darn ill just try and make roads out of iron bars maybe? why do I need topside roads to become a capital?

also killed another human caravan and diplomat. as it stands now they should wage war soon >.>

Diamond Chambers has now existed for 10 years, and we are in the 9th reclaim year now!

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 14, 2011, 11:34:12 pm »

Depends on partially on the disease resistance (or at least i believe) and mostly on the number of infected wounds. I had lot of dwarves with 1-2 infected wounds just get over it, after some time. 3+ can sometimes be lethal, and 5+ is a death sentence. Come to think of, i never actually see a dwarf to die from one infected wound.
It is possible, though the chance of it happening is very low and it takes a long time to kill the dwarf. This is because infections kill through internal bleeding. When a dwarf begins to die from an infection they will start to bleed inside, become pale, and then eventually "die of infection". The more infections a dwarf has, the more internal bleeding. As such sometimes deaths from the infection of a single wound can take years with the doomed dwarf bleeding to death inside ever so slowly.

As for beer production, its fairly simple in that you simply build a still, have some empty barrels (setting "reserved barrels" to 5 or so under the stock(p)ile menu can help with this a lot), and a brewer. Then you just need to order them to (b)rew a drink and they should do so. The most important thing of the whole process is to make sure that you have enough barrels/rock pots and that they are empty and ready to be used, something that the reserved setting helps with immensely.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

jasonwill2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:30 pm »

i probably should of reserved some pots and barrels then >.>

well, huh. dont really have anything new to ask. though i wil say that once my adventurer died of infection by a zombie critter. it bit me then disappeared. i went to a fort and before getting inside i just collapsed and then started dying. i was rotting from the inside out.
Pages: 1 2 [3]