Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 828984 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)
« Reply #3000 on: August 10, 2012, 11:38:13 am »

Now what will we call the new fort?

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3001 on: August 10, 2012, 11:41:48 am »

Now what will we call the new fort?

Battlehell the Cannon of Failures? (Also, this is the third discussion we're gonna have about the new fort's name, btw.)

Also, it looks like the new Aluonra's version of Australia of the Gods is at least frozen, with some evil hills in the middle, and a volcano unless I'm mistaken. Early access to magma would be great !!FUN!!, but might make starting up too easy. Embarking on the border between frozen and evil hills would be interesting, and fitting, but we wouldn't get any invasions =/ There also appears to be an evil swamp (if I'm reading my ASCII right) on the edge of what used to be the Blueness of Malodors. Also, if I'm not mistaken, there are some goblin fortresses nearby. I vote we embark there, unless someone finds another, better location.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 11:54:50 am by Strategia »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3002 on: August 10, 2012, 11:49:19 am »

Hellbattles the Extended Failure of Cannons. :P

Also, I'd suggest embarking as members of the Sacrificial Sword. They have cave crocodiles and voracious cave crawlers, among other awesome things.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Deviled

• Bay Watcher
  • Yup
    • View Profile
« Reply #3003 on: August 10, 2012, 12:02:29 pm »

I think Hellfailed or Failedhell sounds good

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3004 on: August 10, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

3710414 giant sponges

I vote to embark where the largest amount of sponges is.

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3005 on: August 10, 2012, 12:42:34 pm »

My vote's still for Hell-something, where "something" is neither fail, battle, or cannon.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3006 on: August 10, 2012, 01:08:36 pm »

My vote's still for Hell-something, where "something" is neither fail, battle, or cannon.

Hellboats the Murderhead of Shoots?

After checking out the region I was looking at in the embark screen, it turns out that it is indeed an evil swamp, divided in a saltwater and a freshwater one, with streams running through it. Surroundings are Haunted on the shore and Sinister more inland. Oh, and the region is called "The God-forsaken Morass". I kid you not.

Here's the site I'm thinking of;
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The stream is called "Boulderperplexed", btw. It may not be Terrifying, but nonetheless, the Haunted surroundings should at least mean toxic clouds and evil rains and rampant wilddeath and the like.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 01:23:37 pm by Strategia »

Crocatowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3007 on: August 10, 2012, 02:01:11 pm »

Hellhelm the Abandonment of Faith
The only dye dwarfs should use is MAGMA. And the only thing dwarfs should dye is ELVES.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3008 on: August 10, 2012, 02:03:46 pm »

What about something completely new?  I say we start fresh with the names, and go for something like Dragongild or Frozenhalls or whatever.

Is this fort meant to be a prequel of sorts, or a universe-reset, or something?  I think we discussed this earlier, but I can't remember.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3009 on: August 10, 2012, 03:01:36 pm »

Everyone wants it to be a prequel... I like to move forward! After another apocalypse; a fresh start in the distant future that somehow sucks even more for those that have to live in it. Incompetent gods and such...

For the site, I STRONGLY suggest either researching the regions to find one where the dead don't reanimate (which would suck) or embark on the border of an awesome reanimating evil region and a much-less-evil one, so we have somewhere to stuff the corpses. There is no way the fort would survive to see the third year if nobody knows how to dispose of the corpses safely, so we pretty much need a safe region to toss them in, even if it's only 1/4 the map.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 03:08:41 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3010 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16:04 pm »

Judging by Eric's descriptor shapes, this will probably be a sequel. How about we stick a few centuries between Hellcannon and BF4?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3011 on: August 10, 2012, 03:50:09 pm »

The year is 500, which could be 500 after the apocalypse or 500 after somebody bothered to start counting again after the apocalypse or the end of the dark ages following the apocalypse, which could be any length of time. :P
I make Spellcrafts!

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3012 on: August 10, 2012, 04:10:04 pm »

What about something completely new?  I say we start fresh with the names, and go for something like Dragongild or Frozenhalls or whatever.

I second this motion. Also, I suggest having at least three parts to the fort's name, and using at least one or two of the other parts that never get used in succession games. Deathhalls the Murder of Merchants or something like that would be a great name for a succession fort, as opposed to the usual short compound names.

Everyone wants it to be a prequel... I like to move forward! After another apocalypse; a fresh start in the distant future that somehow sucks even more for those that have to live in it. Incompetent gods and such...

I think that an actual prequel might not be such a good idea, we couldn't call on the likes of Stuzang, Led Shakeoars/Shakecannons or the Foul One, and having overseers or lore-writers introduce them at their own discretion would turn the metaplot into even more of a mess.

I also don't know if another future fort is such a good idea either; metaplot-wise, the fall of Hellcannon would mean the Foul One finally gets to succeed in unmaking the universe, IIRC. However, given the incredibly stiff resistance the universe put up against it, and the prevalence of body-surfers and other metaphysical entities, I think we could justify the new Aluonra as a parallel universe, very close (but still different) from the one the Foul One unmade, which has attracted many entities fleeing the old Aluonra. Mego and Gizogin could have escaped through the cracks in reality, Queen Led would be able to use her power to force a passage, Andreus (if he returns) is already casually crossing over between universes as it is I believe, and I'm sure TAD would figure something out.

This way, we'd be able to refer to past events and characters without issue, and the differences in e.g. biome layout and historical figures would be explained easily. If Led isn't ruling our civ in the new world, then it's because she never existed here; however, she's forced a way into this world, and now unleashes her horrifying minions on it. Those dwarves and overseers who have made their mark on the other universe may not exist as historical figures, but the souls streaming in from the old universe would bring knowledge of them and their actions. Overseers who've already taken a turn in a previous fort could be reincarnated refugees, or alternate-universe versions of themselves. It's still a reset of sorts, but it's the kind of reset where we don't have to "forget" what came before.

For the site, I STRONGLY suggest either researching the regions to find one where the dead don't reanimate (which would suck) or embark on the border of an awesome reanimating evil region and a much-less-evil one, so we have somewhere to stuff the corpses. There is no way the fort would survive to see the third year if nobody knows how to dispose of the corpses safely, so we pretty much need a safe region to toss them in, even if it's only 1/4 the map.

We could always just have a sacrificial dwarf dig a pit to dump corpses into. The squirming pile of biomass that would accrue at the bottom might still scare the willies out of any dwarf who goes near it, but they wouldn't be wandering around through the fortress, causing everything to grind to a standstill.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3013 on: August 10, 2012, 04:22:06 pm »

If it's okay with everyone, I'll start the thread once we decide for a name (unless Eric wants to, don't know since he placed the world here. confused I am.). First turn will go to one of the claimed starting seven (decided by post order in this thread a few pages ago) that is not me.

By post order, the starting seven are: TAD, Gizogin, Sinterous (Sinpwn), Myself, arsenicCatnip armaggedonCounselor, DevilEd, Catalyst.

EDIT: Finally added Helcannon's end to the archive. Will post/edit when it's uploaded.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2012, 05:37:25 pm by Deathsword »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3014 on: August 10, 2012, 05:39:35 pm »

Mego and Gizogin could have escaped through the cracks in reality

WORST TRAVELING BUDDY EVER. Also I approve of the alternate-world thing. Maybe we could add something in about the more souls from Hellcannon that cross over, the more like the other Aluonra it becomes? I dunno.

If it's okay with everyone, I'll start the thread once we decide for a name (unless Eric wants to, don't know since he placed the world here. confused I am.). First turn will go to one of the claimed starting seven (decided by post order in this thread a few pages ago) that is not me.

By post order, the starting seven are: TAD, Gizogin, Sinterous (Sinpwn), Myself, arsenicCatnip armaggedonCounselor, DevilEd, Catalyst.

EDIT: Finally added Helcannon's end to the archive. Will post/edit when it's uploaded.

Yay you continued the joke that I thought nobody noticed.
Pages: 1 ... 199 200 [201] 202 203 ... 208