Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 827736 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25)
« Reply #2385 on: May 10, 2012, 08:46:38 pm »

And I bet we are going to forget how to operate it in a few turns some jackass, probably the next guy (no offense), is going to remove all the levers and documentation for operating it and relocate bits and pieces in random order to the lever controlclusterfuck room without notes and rendering the entire thing inoperable, not to mention making it impossible to run the fort.

Fixed.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: May 10, 2012, 08:47:41 pm »

Exactly what I said Thanks for the fix.

Either way, adding the Battlefailed Reclaim to the archive.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: May 10, 2012, 09:54:50 pm »

I have been haunted by visions of death...  I think my mind is still rattled from my experiences.  Fortunately, it was not real.

(Twice I've had dwarves slip out of burrows/I forgot to put them back in them, wander out, get slaughtered by Skoxes... and then be saved by grace of the game crashing.  So the good news is that Arcangelsd, Dariush, and.. uh... baby Catalyst (yeah, AGAIN) aren't really dead.  The bad news is I lost about an hour of playing.  I shall regroup with booze and tacos for a fresh assault.)
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: May 10, 2012, 10:16:31 pm »

I shall regroup with booze and tacos for a fresh assault.

Spoken like a true dwarf.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: May 10, 2012, 10:34:47 pm »

When the time comes for my turn in a succession fort, I shall assault it with mountains of booze.

DF while drunk. That shouldbe fun.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: May 10, 2012, 10:38:38 pm »

New version of archive with some minor changes to Hellcannon section and a new Appendices section starring the Battlefailed reclaim.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Dark_T_Zeratul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: May 10, 2012, 10:52:05 pm »

but please don't sign me up for a turn, I have quite literally no skill at these sort of forts
That's exactly why you SHOULD sign up for a turn.
The miasma caused Sethrist to go miserable and throw a tantrum. During the tantrum he mauled a dog to near-death and that caused his mood to go all the way up to content. Apparently, beating the crap out of dogs is the best way to achieve happiness.

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: May 11, 2012, 05:22:03 am »

but please don't sign me up for a turn, I have quite literally no skill at these sort of forts
nonono, what I mean is I'm quite horrible at any sort of fort and everyone would just end up starving or dehydrating because I have no idea how to do anything

Ieb

• Bay Watcher
  • A Breakdancing Ogre
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: May 11, 2012, 08:52:33 am »

Well then, is this the fort for you to start learning the ropes at! We have had a number of unfortunate accidents already, call it yet another to have the Mountainhomes send a greenhorn Overlord to watch over everyone when the most responsibility they had back home was watching over how their baby sister crawled down a magma pipe.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: May 11, 2012, 10:26:04 am »

EDIT 2: Does anyone know how El Presidente got named (Kar Puwuncobi)? I'm going through all the thread and can't find mention of it, only of his first death.

Well, it was during my turn. But for the exact meaning of the name, I'll tell you it's certainly from a DF language, and leave the rest a mystery.

And I did it during the usual bout of dorfing when I started.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: May 11, 2012, 11:59:28 am »

That's one mystery solved.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: May 11, 2012, 08:27:20 pm »

nonono, what I mean is I'm quite horrible at any sort of fort and everyone would just end up starving or dehydrating because I have no idea how to do anything

If I don't manage to kill this fort this turn, no one can.

Also, sorry for not actually updating last night.  There may be such a thing as TOO MUCH booze and tacos, I'm afraid.  Also... too much youtube.  >.>

I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

seanhl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: May 11, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »

oh, I just realized when I asked for a military dwarf I never said the weapon, axedwarf if possible, nothing like the classic dwarven weapon

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: May 12, 2012, 07:09:40 pm »

We got a few more migrants today.  Among them was a metalworker who looked scrappy - he immediately picked up an abandoned axe and started following the militia (The Crystalline Scholars) around... so I guess we know what his profession will be.  Seanhl, by name.

Speaking of the militia, the dwarves of the fort seem disinclined to follow my old standing orders about staying indoors where its safe... this damn "El Presidente" who immediately resumed his post seems to be too overworked to notice that no one is paying any attention to their burrows.  So, the only thing to do was to confront the problem head on, and give our dwarves-in-arms a little field experience for the safety of the fort.  MantisMan the axedwarf was the first on the scene - and took a bit of a beating in the fray, but with the others arriving shortly thereafter, the clattering menaces were soon laid to rest without any serious harm done.

No sooner was the militia back indoors and the workers again happily wandering outside for no good reason, however, when a large herd of skeletal reindeer crested the snowy horizon.  Tasrak II and arcangelsd of course had wandered off to the south of the fort for no reason I can imagine, and thus ran directly into the herd.  There was no way the militia would mobilize in time to reach them.  Both were carrying picks - so they both immediately became honorary members of the Crystalline Scholars.

MantisMan was again first on the scene -- by entirely too great a margin for her own good.  She was soon pulverized by thrashing hooves.

Did I mention MantisMan was my mother?  And you know how Dwarven mothers are about their babies, in combat?

*siiiiiiiiiighhhhh*

-------

I seriously can't figure out why no one will stay in the fort anymore.  It would make an extremely lame way to die after all this, and is preventing me from focusing on the actual Project.  But they simply are not paying attention to the burrows anymore.  I temporarily switched them off, in order to allow new digging... and now switching them back on, everyone ignores them.  I'm at a loss.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: May 12, 2012, 07:17:30 pm »

Forbid everything on the surface and lock the doors?
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 208