Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 827626 times)

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #150 on: November 13, 2011, 02:59:19 pm »

Make a looooong corridor with a pressure plate at the end which dumps magma onto the corridor when stepped on and opens drains when released.

Karakzon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ethics:give a shit?: denied]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 13, 2011, 03:07:54 pm »

Make a looooong corridor with a pressure plate at the end which dumps magma onto the corridor when stepped on and opens drains when released.

if their not magma immune. depends on how your playing the game and if you have any extra civs included tbh.
Or if you piss off the humans/elves enought. tbh, you only use magma traps in vanilla against gobbos normaly, and its kind of wasted on the buggers.
I am Dyslexic. No its not going to change any time soon.
Bolts of Exsanguination THE terrifying glacier export, get yours today!

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 13, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »

Johutar, How's the turn coming along?
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 13, 2011, 06:01:44 pm »

I seem to have been missed on the regular dorf list. Or did you run out of space? Name him Thor as a blacksmith.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 13, 2011, 06:16:56 pm »

Actually, you were on there for a bit. It seems you got deleted, probably when I made the continually-redorf lists. Fixed the issue.

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 13, 2011, 08:05:33 pm »

Blargle flargle flargle. I added that so it would be less work for me, and now it is making more work. Fine, I'll add you, but from now on, if anyone wants continual redorfing, they have to prove their epicness by swimming through 7/7 magma and beating the shit out of a kitten with a leather backpack.

Thanks.

I do wonder if there is a way to force a siege/ambush through a magma bath...

Perhaps if it was only 1-2/7?

Do I need to point out that goblins path to the quickest way into your base?  if that were to involve a floorhatch out of a sealable checkerboard-like pattern from outside...

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 13, 2011, 08:22:47 pm »

Blargle flargle flargle. I added that so it would be less work for me, and now it is making more work. Fine, I'll add you, but from now on, if anyone wants continual redorfing, they have to prove their epicness by swimming through 7/7 magma and beating the shit out of a kitten with a leather backpack.

Thanks.

Do I need to point out that goblins path to the quickest way into your base?  if that were to involve a floorhatch out of a sealable checkerboard-like pattern from outside...

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Oh dear...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 13, 2011, 08:29:23 pm »

Thanks.

I see what you did there. If these threads get any more cross-references, people won't be able to tell them apart.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 13, 2011, 09:11:52 pm »

Thanks.

You and your ego....
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 13, 2011, 09:37:05 pm »

They mentioned magma and pathing?  It seemed the most valid way to muder goblins!

You could always just go with the hallway-o-death - Floorgrate near the front door, goblins come down a corridor and step on a floorplate.  Hatch opens overhead and magma flows down the corridor towards the front door and floorgrate (for extra dwarfiness, make it flow back down into the magma reservoir the pumps for the trap draws from).  Self-cleaning, self-resetting, and you get a nice bounty of metal items left where the goblins were.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 13, 2011, 09:51:46 pm »

I'm currently listening to the newest DF Talk. Battlefailed got mentioned as a passing comment about epic forts!

THIS! IS! BATTLEFAILED!

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 13, 2011, 11:22:44 pm »

Requesting a turn and a dwarf named Creiydrek, please - any profession will do.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 14, 2011, 12:44:18 am »

OH SHIT IT'S SETH!

So, any chance you'd be in for some of the storytelling?

Rurik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 14, 2011, 05:25:29 am »

Please dorf me. I prefer to be in the military, but if that's not possible, any profession will do. Name: Rurik.
It is Fun until someone gets hurt. Then it's Hilarious.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08:32 am »

Please dorf me. I prefer to be in the military, but if that's not possible, any profession will do. Name: Rurik.

Custom profession: "Varangian".
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 208