Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 813322 times)

EmeraldWind

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey there, dollface...
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #660 on: December 03, 2011, 12:53:09 am »

Spoiler: Response to Catalyst (click to show/hide)
Man, I'm really looking forward to my turn.

I downloaded the save for a quick look, and it gave me one of those moments where I suddenly realize everything that's wrong with the world.

There seems to be a burning ogre sitting happily in the middle of the magma sea.  I'm not sure what to make of that.

Sounds like this fort is going to be a disaster area just like it older brothers. That ogre is still in the sea? Heh heh. Is it swimming in the magma or sitting at the bottom?

MMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrR.

...it sounds like a cat to me. Maybe the Foul One is Mutie from RTRTD. Tendrils and eldritch meows seems to point to this.
Spoiler: Mutie (click to show/hide)
We do not suffer from insanity. We enjoy every single bit of it.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 03, 2011, 01:08:25 am »

From the diary of Reudh II, son of Lord Reudh-

What in the name of Ovuz Frothysucker was that? A horribly awful screech just echoed through my mind? Mother! What is wrong?
I... I chose to migrate to Shashmebzuth because I wanted to find my mother... I cannot shake the feeling that this fell screech that echoes through my head and reverberates through my very being comes from Shashmebzuth...

Find her I must, though. Be she alive or dead, I must find her, so that we may give her a burial in the name of Zefon, god of rebirth. A true burial, not one as they would give in a country outpost.

She was always a strange one, but why she decided to run off to Shashmebzuth I do not know. Honour demands that I find out what happened to her. Father is too weak with the beast sickness he contracted in the mountainhome, and my siblings lay dead on the floor of the same mountainhome, suffocated in magma in an accident.

I hope that my journey is not in vain, though my mind and body both scream 'Do not go to Shashmebzuth! Fell things are there! Abominations will rend your soul in twain!' I must find Mother.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
  • Cheese is essential to any successful fortress.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 03, 2011, 03:30:36 am »

I forgot to PM Sinpwn last night, just sent one. The ogre is just sitting still in the magma sea, doing nothing.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 03, 2011, 11:37:09 am »

Ok. I'm here, just downloading the save. My computer seems to dislike dwarf fortress at the moment, so we'll see how this goes.

Edit: Seems I can get it to run well for a bit, but it crashes rather often. I'll try to fix it, but I'm fine with being skipped.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 12:10:00 pm by Sinpwn »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 03, 2011, 10:20:17 pm »

Excellent... Did I get redorfed? If so, is he/she dead yet?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 03, 2011, 10:43:50 pm »

Sinpwn, I'll give you a day or two to try to work out your computer issues. I'd like to ward off the Battlefailed curse if I can.

I downloaded the save for a quick look, and it gave me one of those moments where I suddenly realize everything that's wrong with the world.

There seems to be a burning ogre sitting happily in the middle of the magma sea.  I'm not sure what to make of that.

This is getting OP-quoted.

the first cavern layer is sealed off against anything that can't fly

can't fly

FLY

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 04, 2011, 01:09:30 am »

Ugh, I have to say it would probably take too long for me to do my turn, as every time it crashes it does not save. I'll sit out on this turn. I'll probably be able to fix this in a week or two.

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
  • Plush rumps as for as the eye can see
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 04, 2011, 01:33:22 am »

So am I up to bat? I'm not sure whether to be happy or to break the asprin out.

Edit: While downloading an unmodded version of dwarf fortress, I realized the Hellcannon save is 10 Megabytes bigger than Dwarf Fortress itself. Is that normal?

Edit:Edit: I'm disappoint in you people. No Hotkeys! Shame on you.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 01:51:56 am by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 04, 2011, 03:07:06 am »

Excellent... Did I get redorfed? If so, is he/she dead yet?

I forgot to dorf anyone before I uploaded the save, but there's plenty of nameless jackbeards left for that.

the first cavern layer is sealed off against anything that can't fly
can't fly
FLY

The only FB we have so far can't fly, so there's only the occasional Skeletal Giant Bat to worry about. Fortifications are about 75% complete, so it should be easy to make the first cavern layer completely impenetrable to fliers. (Additionally, this would provide a whole new floor to do stuff with. Given the state of the fortress, this more than likely means coffins, lots of coffins.)

The second and third cavern layers, on the other hand.....

Edit:Edit: I'm disappoint in you people. No Hotkeys! Shame on you.

I only looked up how to set hotkeys after I finished, and the fortress isn't really that big. There's only a few dozen z-levels between the outside and the third cavern layer, and most of those are just up/down stairs, with the occasional pilot shaft or mined-out vein.

Also, could I be added to the end of the turn list? I'd love to see what this fortress looks like after a few decades of catastrophes. If there's still a fort left, that is.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 03:09:41 am by Strategia »

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 04, 2011, 03:40:07 am »

Journal of Zuntîr Mengelbel, Manager, 1st Granite 206, Early Spring:

It has been months since the previous overseer Strategia has been killed. The entire fortress has been in chaos since then with no one to rule and control it. I think it’s time for someone to assume control. Someone like a certain manager. Someone like me. Today I shall proclaim my control of Hellcannon with my ascension to my new role as the “GameOverlord”.
Journal of the GameOverlord, 8th Granite 206, Early Spring:

Since my self-promotion to the title of GameOverlord I have done a few things namely assigning a new bookkeeper and digging out a large space for our soon to be statue garden as seen here:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This should improve the happiness and mood of any dwarf still recovering from the Battle of Hellcannon. Also a few odd things happened today. A butcher by the name of Momuz Etestrith has requested that we start calling by his proper title “Gizogin,” and acknowledge the fact the he is a “Rawmancer,” whatever the hell that is. I granted him his wishes. However emboldened by his success quite a few other dwarves requested a name change to. These include:

Mosus Råhudib --> Kaamanen, a Claustrophobic Architect (If his claustrophobic then why the hell is living underground?!)

Litast Vúshedëm --> Deathsword, a Mysterious Stranger. (The hell? I’ve known this bloke for months!)

Lokum Amemmeng --> The Master, Eternal Magnificent Bastard (Not sure what he’s the master of.)

Asob Stinthädvd --> Urist Imiknorris, Captain of the Guard/Axecutioner (Funny because a fellow just like him died recently)

There were probably more, but these were the only ones I remembered about.
Journal of Game, 15th Granite 206, Early Spring

Today I placed an order for 30 stone coffins and 10 stone slabs in order to try and clear up these ghosts and all of these dead bodies. Can’t even see the floor! Also I think the dwarves around are losing their minds. Just a few moments ago Urist barged into my office screaming, “There’s a forgotten beast in the caverns! We’re all gonna die! *Sob*.”:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
When I went down to check however there wasn’t anything in a sight besides a huge skeletal bat! Oh well.

/OOC Also the dorfing list needs to be updated. Everyone is dead except for Dariush. So far I’ve only redorfed the ones I mentioned, I’ll go back dorf everyone else eventually.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 04:15:51 am by gamewizardinnc »
I probably won't be the 13th player with the Curse of Failcannon likely hanging in the air like a particularly pungent dog fart

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 04, 2011, 04:06:43 am »

If you don't mind, remember my request:
Eric, male only - Highest available agility, other good attributes nice - title: Head Stoneworker - Only mining, masonry, engraving, and architecture enabled.
And preferably a chance to dig out a bedroom for myself when the stoneworkers are off-duty, with a masons shop in it. Legendary mason ho!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Strategia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 04, 2011, 04:26:51 am »

The dorfs working on the fortifications have a habit of getting spooked by creatures that can't reach them, or are even outside their line-of-sight. I got suspension messages all the time as well, usually because someone got scared of a skeletal toad hopping about out of sight around the corner. Just find out which particular section has been suspended and unsuspend it, you'll be fine (unless a skeletal giant bat arrives).

If you're looking for a permanent necropolis, there's a stone quarry directly underneath the first cavern layer that's got plenty of space for coffins, but not enough room for anything else, really. It's too close to the cavern to dig out bedrooms.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 04, 2011, 02:41:54 pm »

Updated turn and dorfing lists. Great narrative so far, gamewizard. Perhaps throw something in about the sharp contrast of your rule from the authoritarianism of Strategia?

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 04, 2011, 03:27:17 pm »

Ah, it's good to be not dead again.  It's also good to be in the OP.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

gamewizardinnc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 05, 2011, 01:27:20 am »

Alright I'm about to open dwarf fortress to play again when I had a moment of complete and utter retardation dwarfism. I'm pretty sure you guys will find it interesting.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 208