Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How should Mego do his updates?

Text and images. Old school is better.
- 23 (82.1%)
Live stream and video. Newfangled technology must be applied to everything!
- 5 (17.9%)

Total Members Voted: 28

Voting closed: January 19, 2012, 06:50:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 208

Author Topic: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3) (0.31.25) (DEAD)  (Read 812844 times)

Mego

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:MADNESS]
    • View Profile
Re: Hellcannon (Succession: Battlefailed 3)
« Reply #585 on: November 28, 2011, 07:31:40 pm »

Hey, that was uncalled for!  Why can't you find something constructive to do, like help with the ongoing collapse of reality that you seem so worked up about?

I died soon after a series of bipolar flips between tantruming and being fine. Dying happened to flip me to tantruming again.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: November 28, 2011, 08:43:10 pm »

Hey, that was uncalled for!  Why can't you find something constructive to do, like help with the ongoing collapse of reality that you seem so worked up about?

I died soon after a series of bipolar flips between tantruming and being fine. Dying happened to flip me to tantruming again.

Who cares about holes in reality, I'm pissed! Seems like a perfectly dwarfy view
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: November 28, 2011, 08:52:31 pm »

The place is descending into madness, dwarves are killing themselves and there's no sign of That Aussie Dwarf

All according to plan... probably.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: November 28, 2011, 09:03:12 pm »

The place is descending into madness, dwarves are killing themselves and there's no sign of That Aussie Dwarf

All according to plan... probably.

Aussie you need to write a book.

Ledi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: November 29, 2011, 02:19:21 am »

Noooo, Ledi V... She couldn't handle not being able to make pretties for the cats.

Hopefully Ledi VI will have better luck! XD
So Ledi's been training the cats into an army of disposable warbeasts?  Why did no-one think of this sooner?!
Hellcannon seemed to be constantly on the verge of death and Levergedon before my turn helped, but ultimately what killed it was Ledi's cat army.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: November 29, 2011, 05:07:40 pm »

Hopefully the thread won't die before the fortress does!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: November 29, 2011, 06:02:48 pm »

Hopefully the thread won't die before the fortress does!

It's hardly dead yet. School has started back for a lot of people (myself included), so available time has decreased. Hellcannon may slow, but it will never stop. It will only pretend to stop so that it can jump up and scare the shit out of people who fell for its clever ruse.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: November 29, 2011, 06:15:57 pm »

Hmmm... is it possible to scare (as in frighten, not intimidate) a future overseer using just the undocumented save?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:01 pm »

Maybe... Perhaps after my turn I will open the HFS and have the screen centered over it before saving. Or maybe just some cheap scare of a digging designation that looks like bad pixel art of an ugly beast of some sort.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

stormtemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: November 29, 2011, 10:10:20 pm »

Hmmm... is it possible to scare (as in frighten, not intimidate) a future overseer using just the undocumented save?

Are you kidding? Hellcannon's save strikes fear into the hearts of all who look at it. Merely mentioning its name causes quivers thought the world of dwarf fortress.
It's needlessly complicated and a hazard to cats.

I'll take twenty!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: November 29, 2011, 10:19:08 pm »

Are you kidding? Hellcannon's save strikes fear into the hearts of all who look at it. Merely mentioning its name causes quivers thought the world of dwarf fortress.

Hellcannon!

"I felt a great disturbance in the Multiverse, as if millions of overseers suddenly cried out in terror and abandoned their fortresses as if the screen they peered upon displayed such a frightful sight that they were immediately and irrevocably driven insane. I fear some idiot said the worst possible thing at the worst possible time."

Speaking of which, about time to abandon my own irrevocable failure of a fortress.
I make Spellcrafts!

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: November 29, 2011, 10:25:36 pm »

Speaking of which, about time to abandon my own irrevocable failure of a fortress.

That just gave me a cool idea for making Chaos Architecture applicable.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: November 29, 2011, 10:25:59 pm »

Are you a man or a dwarf?  Never abandon, never surrender!  If your fortress has to die, bring the world with it!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

ThatAussieGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • King of the HFS & only man to win v0.31.25
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: November 29, 2011, 10:54:14 pm »

Dig for Hell and let that do the work for you!  Why let just your fortress suffer when you can bring an age of suffering and darkness upon the entire world?

Mego

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: November 29, 2011, 11:09:17 pm »

That just gave me a cool idea for making Chaos Architecture applicable.

...damnit I TvTrope'd myself.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 208