Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: I think i have found the meaning of Sentience  (Read 1398 times)

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
I think i have found the meaning of Sentience
« on: November 06, 2011, 04:00:39 am »

I think i have figured out why man was born sentient, and who god himself is.
We are all here, man aswell as Dolphin and Crow, and sentient members of otherworldly kind, to ascend, to godhood.
Anything in this world, anything that can think, and act upon it, is supposed to expand and evovle, why so?
Because eventually, a sentient kind will either perish to its own defects or become so technologically advanced that they are on par with gods.
Why become god? To create, according to the laws of thermodynamics everything will eventually turn into a chilling cold homogenous mass.
To prevent this, the all powerful ascended must create a new universe, within the old, and enter this universe by means unknown, to spread their seed.

In all theese years i have worshipped my god of choice, seeing it as some kind of all powerful creator, but now i beleive the one i worshipped was just a mirror
of my former self. We are all spawns of a god, we are descendants of the ascended.

I dont know, but who knows if there is some kind of hidden base on some moon, inhabited by theese godly people, to watch upon us, the spawn? And maybe they also have bases and orbitting spacecraft observing other worlds? I will never know, because i will never go ot space, ever in my life, i have an ear injury that prevents me from that.

It might not be our kind, maybe we will die off and the crows will take over? Maybe our friendly computers will? Maybe some kind of thing on par with a Lovecraftian horror is about to create a device to blank the universe to start anew?

I do not know, but it all seems very plausible. And heres a last little question, i only have a vague answer to: Why even bother preventing the big blend and chill? Would you like that to happen to your universe, wich your kind putted so much effort into creating?
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: I think i have found the meaning of Sentience
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2011, 04:03:28 am »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2011, 04:04:29 am »

The creator of the MSPA series. Homestuck follows similar themes.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 04:06:58 am »

The creator of the MSPA series. Homestuck follows similar themes.

It does? Fuck, i feel like that time were i figured out what time was, hell i was almost going to patent it.
I am a fucking idiot.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 04:11:34 am »

Not really, it is a rather interesting trail of thought. If this were back in the days of philosophers you would be said to be very wise, before being burnt alive for heresy.
The point is that no hypothosis you or I ever come up with will change the world, and trust me, it shouldn't! The last guy who did went by the name of L Ron Hubbard, and that went south. If you want to achive something amazing, you need physical evidence. No matter how deep and spectacular your idea of creation is, no matter how rational or for filling or wise it is, it will never be anything without evidence.

You want the world to hear what you have to say on the matter and really pay attention? Better start studying, because your going to need a degree in science.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:22:50 am »

Not really, it is a rather interesting trail of thought. If this were back in the days of philosophers you would be said to be very wise, before being burnt alive for heresy.
The point is that no hypothosis you or I ever come up with will change the world, and trust me, it shouldn't! The last guy who did went by the name of L Ron Hubbard, and that went south. If you want to achive something amazing, you need physical evidence. No matter how deep and spectacular your idea of creation is, no matter how rational or for filling or wise it is, it will never be anything without evidence.

You want the world to hear what you have to say on the matter and really pay attention? Better start studying, because your going to need a degree in science.

Err.. Thanks!

Quote from: AoD
10:19 - AoD: It sounds like stuff my creepy, insane uncle would say. No offense, bro

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 04:54:33 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:53:37 am by Ogdibus »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 04:56:04 am »

The sad part is that from the sheer levels of meta homestuck achieves, that is most likely canon.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 05:06:29 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:53:44 am by Ogdibus »

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 05:08:06 am »

You just gotta know your limits XD

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 05:11:46 am »

I think this has been proposed many times in the past. Eg: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omega_Point

Btw OP, I don't think you can patent occurences like that
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 05:17:19 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:53:52 am by Ogdibus »

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 05:34:39 am »

I think the contrary is true: it's pretty much the same, it only sounds different because it's shorter and more summed up in that article.

In turn, I think it's quite close to old gnosticist ideas. Nothing new under the sun.

Let's be frank here, many people have hsd this idea in the past, and I bet you can find many simmilar posts if you visit philosophy or religion oriented forums. I know I have :-)

(Edit: this is not to say it's without merit or bad, mind you. It's an interesting philosophical concept, and discussion worthy, imo. Just not that original)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 05:56:59 am »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:54:00 am by Ogdibus »
Pages: [1] 2