Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Lead artefact hammer  (Read 5395 times)

Korenn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Lead artefact hammer
« on: November 05, 2011, 10:10:38 pm »

My weaponsmith just created a lead artefact hammer in a mood. Is it as awesome for combat as I think it is? or am I overestimating what lead contributes?

It's only worth 5700 Urists, he grabbed only a lead bar and a block of rock salt, even though he was right next to my gem and precious metal storage -_-

sobriquet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lead artefact hammer
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 10:14:45 pm »

it is awesome.  give it to your danger room dwarf.  or your hammerer for a quick solution to final problems of unrest or crime

Deus Machina

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 10:19:37 pm »

Artifact, and more dense than the best material you can usually make hammers out of.

Plus, rock salt. Hits like an Alabama truck, stings like after the night in the back.
Quote from: KillerClowns
Beneath the slade, there is sheep. By all that his holy, there are so many sheep down there. I don't know why it's sheep.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 10:57:44 pm »

By what I've heard (don't take this very seriously - simply 2 anecdotal reports), the hardness of the weapon material determines damage output against armor... I dunno what thread it was in but somebody reported that a lead mace was able to bologna-ify (finely mash into a paste) any unarmored body part, but would deflect off of metal armor extremely frequently (to the point of near uselessness).

I'd try it out though. If above is true, then that hammer could still be the weapon of a cavern squad leader.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2011, 12:41:57 am »

Blunt weapons are all about density.  Edges depend a lot on strength and sharpness and stuff, but blunts are simple.  An artifact lead hammer is actually pretty bossin' of a weapon, throw it against goblins and watch their hearts explode out their spine.

SirAaronIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Western Romanticist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2011, 01:31:18 am »

Pretty good but not as good as the platinum one some guy posted before. Still great though. BR8K H34DS!
"I want to watch the sun setting below the horizon, thinking about my significance in this world. That's my dream."

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2011, 04:45:30 am »

I'm waiting for someone to post a bismuth artifact hammer/mace. It'd be slightly heavier than lead, as well as prettier. And slightly radioactive to boot! (I think)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 04:54:03 am by Muttonhawk »
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

imperium3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2011, 06:29:26 am »

I'm waiting for someone to post a bismuth artifact hammer/mace. It'd be slightly heavier than lead, as well as prettier. And slightly radioactive to boot! (I think)

Very slightly, seeing as it took scientists about eighty years to discover that it's radioactive at all. :P

Can you actually get bismuth artifacts, though? I'd never heard of them so assumed that bismuth is just for making bismuth bronze.
Socks inspire the same sort of emotions in dwarfs that Helen of Troy inspired in the Achaean Greeks. Although it is said that Helen's face launched a thousand ships, socks have surely launched a million ultimately-fatal Store Owned Item tasks.

flieroflight

• Bay Watcher
  • Worship the nightmare
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2011, 07:18:32 am »

mmody weaponsmith who lkes hammers, forbid all but bisthmuth
Bay12 doesn't have moral event horizons, it has goals.

xcrissxcrossx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 09:49:21 am »

Bismuth's half-life is so long, you can pretty much treat it like it isn't radioactive in almost any circumstance.

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 10:59:29 am »

Yep - just did some arena testing to see if that anecdote was true (was too tired/lazy to do it last night) and I'm not seeing any deflection like that guy said...

Plate armor did help increase survivability 10x though...

and I also learned that a bismuth mace is quite badass.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

dwarfkoala

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lead artifact hammer
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2011, 11:52:19 am »

Bismuth's half-life is so long, you can pretty much treat it like it isn't radioactive in almost any circumstance.

Bismuth is unique as that it has the longest half life of any known thing in the universe. It has a half life of 1.9 X 10 to the 19th power years. (srry, don't know how you do exponents in typing) To put this in persepective, that's 19,000,000,000,000,000,000 years, or 19 hexillion years. This pretty much means that bismuth is a stable element, only letting out a neutron every now and then. There's more danger to standing in front of the microwave or eating a banana. bananas contain potassium, a common isotope of this is (40 neutrons) Potassium, a very slightly radioactive material, so that means that not only are bananas a great vote getter, their also a radioactive substnace and we all know that radioactive is a synonym for dwarfy  ;D. DWARFY Potassium (40) contributes a lot to the background radiation that we feel each day, as well as possibly causing evolution in the past, when it was far more common. Read up on it, I'm sure you'll learn something  :P

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2011, 12:31:02 pm »

Bismuth is unique as that it has the longest half life of any known thing in the universe. It has a half life of 1.9 X 10 to the 19th power years. (srry, don't know how you do exponents in typing) To put this in persepective, that's 19,000,000,000,000,000,000 years, or 19 hexillion years. This pretty much means that bismuth is a stable element, only letting out a neutron every now and then. There's more danger to standing in front of the microwave or eating a banana. bananas contain potassium, a common isotope of this is (40 neutrons) Potassium, a very slightly radioactive material, so that means that not only are bananas a great vote getter, their also a radioactive substnace and we all know that radioactive is a synonym for dwarfy  ;D. DWARFY Potassium (40) contributes a lot to the background radiation that we feel each day, as well as possibly causing evolution in the past, when it was far more common. Read up on it, I'm sure you'll learn something  :P

And yet, DF has no bannana trees.

I just had a notion..if you make DF banannas have skins, would your tanners tan them? would necromancers ressurect the bananna skins into undead yellow horrors that strangle dwarves? OH THE HUGE MANATEE
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2011, 01:00:39 pm »

Radioactive banana zombie skins.

We need this.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2011, 01:40:16 pm »

And yet, DF has no bannana trees.
Then again, neither does real life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: [1] 2 3