Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Lead artefact hammer  (Read 5387 times)

Azated

• Bay Watcher
  • ohai der
    • View Profile
Re: Lead artifact hammer
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2011, 01:53:43 pm »

I just had a notion..if you make DF banannas have skins, would your tanners tan them? would necromancers ressurect the bananna skins into undead yellow horrors that strangle dwarves? OH THE HUGE MANATEE

This is what dwarf fortress does to your brain. I love it!
Then it happened. Then I cringed. Then I picked it up and beat him to death with it, and then his buddies, too.
You beat a man to death with his dick?

"I don't feel like myself. Maybe I should have Doc take a look at me" ~ Dreamy
 "You're gonna trust a dwarf that got his medical degree from a pickaxe?" ~ Bossy

ASCIt

• Bay Watcher
  • ._.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2011, 02:08:19 pm »

And yet, DF has no bannana trees.
Then again, neither does real life.

I c wat you did thar.
This is a very dorfy thread, and you WILL read it.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
  • [PRONE_TO_RAGE:9001][TOO_HAIRY][ADAMANTINE BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2011, 02:57:23 pm »

And yet, DF has no bannana trees.
Then again, neither does real life.

Fine. banana shrub :U
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

malroth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lead artefact hammer
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2011, 03:18:03 pm »

Of course if dwarves did find a bannana shrub the first thing they'd do is find out how to make it into booze.
Why couldn't my vampire Hammerer eat someone useless, like a migrant? Instead, she went after my only gemcutter.. but sadly there were no witnesses, so I convicted someone's pet duck as the murderer.  It got off easy, with no beatings or jail time.  >.<

King DZA

• Bay Watcher
  • Ruler of all things ruleable
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 03:21:39 pm »

Of course if dwarves did find a bannana shrub the first thing they'd do is find out how to make it into booze.

That sounds surprisingly tasty.

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 05:58:32 pm »

Radioactive zombie banana liquor, only dwarves could make such a thing.

Btw where the hell has this thread gone?
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 07:36:41 pm »

well, when i first read the stuff, i got the mistake from later on immediately: blunt weapons rely on weight to do damage. Having a lead one is.... wow...

All my artifacts tend to be crowns and such.... why cant they ever make something useful? the last one i had was made by a CHILD! in a fey mood! I now have a skill 15 bone carver child...
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Random_Physics_Nerd

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_EXIST]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 08:14:55 pm »

Bismuth's half-life is so long, you can pretty much treat it like it isn't radioactive in almost any circumstance.

Bismuth is unique as that it has the longest half life of any known thing in the universe. It has a half life of 1.9 X 10 to the 19th power years. (srry, don't know how you do exponents in typing) To put this in persepective, that's 19,000,000,000,000,000,000 years, or 19 hexillion years. This pretty much means that bismuth is a stable element, only letting out a neutron every now and then. There's more danger to standing in front of the microwave or eating a banana. bananas contain potassium, a common isotope of this is (40 neutrons) Potassium, a very slightly radioactive material, so that means that not only are bananas a great vote getter, their also a radioactive substnace and we all know that radioactive is a synonym for dwarfy  ;D. DWARFY Potassium (40) contributes a lot to the background radiation that we feel each day, as well as possibly causing evolution in the past, when it was far more common. Read up on it, I'm sure you'll learn something  :P

It takes longer for bismuth to decay than it takes for protons to decay?
Take two magma and call me in the morning.
I was thinking about pumping magma up his legs and having a floodgate in his crotch. What could be more dorfy than pissing magma upon your enemies?

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 08:18:18 pm »

Bismuth's half-life is so long, you can pretty much treat it like it isn't radioactive in almost any circumstance.

Bismuth is unique as that it has the longest half life.... <so on and so forth>

It takes longer for bismuth to decay than it takes for protons to decay?

Protons decay?

EDIT: Just googled it. Protons theoretically decay, but they would take longer than bismuth. Also bismuth emits alpha particles, not neutrons.

DOUBLEEDIT: I love how dwarf fortress leads us to particle physics conversations.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:23:03 pm by Muttonhawk »
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 11:07:12 pm »

I just had a notion..if you make DF banannas have skins, would your tanners tan them?
hehe, could be modded in I suppose... as longa s you wern;t planning on eating them. (or, made a seperate reaction that drops a skin, and a unit of banana.)
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2011, 12:37:08 am »

Maybe it could be like plump helmets dropping spawn after eating them, except this time its a skin that counts as a hide.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 12:46:18 am »

And then from offmap Banana People appear in family groups, before you charge down, slaughter them, eat their delicious potassium rich flesh and tan their hides into stylish yellow hooded cloaks.
Son of Slaanesh, full of desire, He does cocaine and his head's on fire! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Rider! Doom rider! Na na, na na!

blue emu

• Bay Watcher
  • GroFAZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 01:00:37 am »

hehe, could be modded in I suppose... as long as you weren't planning on eating them. (or, made a seperate reaction that drops a skin, and a unit of banana.)

Just make it so that Dwarves need to process the bananas in a banana-bending workshop before they can eat them. The "skinning" reaction could take place during that process.
Never pet a burning dog.

drilltooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 01:08:08 am »

Just make it so that Dwarves need to process the bananas in a banana-bending workshop before they can eat them. The "skinning" reaction could take place during that process.
and, to completely go off the rails.. my mind parsed that in the context of "the last airbender." soo. small hairy persons using magic kung fu to sling fruit at their enemies...
Pinkie pie cancels cook: taken by mood.

Wannazzaki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 07, 2011, 01:29:00 am »

Banana traps! Where it causes enemies to tumble without fail towards the closest edge without fail save for trap avoid and enemies that can dodge the traps!...>.>
Pages: 1 [2] 3