Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Against The Wall: indie 2.5d platformer-ish game  (Read 805 times)

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
Against The Wall: indie 2.5d platformer-ish game
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:57:05 pm »

Against The Wall is a funky little indie game, wherein the entire world consists of an infinite vertical wall of irregular square blocks. The goal is to climb up the wall by using a wand to slide bricks in and out, forming stairs and platforms. Your 'goal' comes in the form of some little set-piece - a funky sideways windmill sticking out of the wall, an abandoned platform-village, etc. - which will provide some conveyance up to the next set-piece. There's no backstory that I can find, and I can't for the life of me make it past the third set, so I have no clue what the ultimate goal is.

Link to the author's blog. You can download an alpha version here.
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Against The Wall: indie 2.5d platformer-ish game
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 09:13:48 pm »

Really interesting, i reached the part with the green squares, and fell down into the city, into the checkpoint, it saved again, but this time the monster didnt apear, i raged quited. Recommended.

EDIT: Seems he has a kickstarter page too, if someone its feeling generous.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2011, 09:37:04 pm by ukulele »