Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Adventuring!  (Read 378 times)

Slovak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Adventuring!
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:43:09 pm »

Out of an interest in fooling around with Adventure mode, I am curious to know if there is a file that I might edit to give the 'Demigod' rank more points to spend. I know there's a perfectly good Arena, but the curiosity remains.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
Re: Adventuring!
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 02:47:37 pm »

ask again in the adventurer part of the firum? or maybe the mod part
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Slovak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 02:50:00 pm »

But.. 'tis a gameplay question, in all technicalities. Why would it go into the adventuring subsection? I thought that was for discussing adventure mode, not asking questions about it.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 02:53:17 pm »

its also for asking questions, if you had viewed the forum. I visited it frequently in my early adventuring days

and this thread is for dwarf fortress questions

I am not trying to be mean, just help you to get an answer, from people with know how and who frequent tha part of the forum
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Lord Zack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 04:44:17 pm »

Asking questions (and having them answered) is a kind of discussion.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 04:54:16 pm »

That is true, but the real problem here lies in the assumption about the type of question. Originally Slovak thought it was a gameplay question, when in fact it was a question about how to edit the game to accomplish something. Regardless, a new thread has been posted in the modding forum, so please allow this thread to die even if the original poster has not locked it.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.