Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Liberal Kiddie Squad  (Read 5082 times)

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Liberal Kiddie Squad
« on: November 04, 2011, 02:08:31 pm »

Just wanna share what I experienced in my latest LCS game and found pretty amusing:

Today, after quite some time, I started playing Liberal Crime Squad again. Despite arch-conservative laws things were running quite well at the beginning. My leader only survived a few months, however I had skilled liberals who could take over the squad and restore its power without problems. But then I made a fatal mistake infiltrating the police station (I accidentally hit "G" during an encounter >_<), and the new leader got shot as well.
This time almost everybody lost touch with the LCS except, what really surprised me, two 9 year old child workers. Now my leader is a badass little boy who can pick locks and properly drive a car and is wanted for several cases of murder 8)
The other kid is a smart girl with very good disguise skill...

So, have any of you had strange/funny squad leaders, too? Maybe dogs or a tank :P

I also tried to draw a picture of my new co-leader:
Spoiler: disguised like a pro (click to show/hide)

Madman_Andre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Liberal Kiddie Squad
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 06:51:45 pm »

Adults truly ARE useless if they can get their butts kicked by nine year olds.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2011, 11:58:14 am »

So you pretty much had half a liberal KND squad?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2011, 12:29:28 pm »

Sort of, just with more violence. I guess that's what happens when kids spend their free time discussing politics with thugs and prostitutes.
A pure kid squad would also be a nice challenge. The amout of recruits would be smaller, too, because the children cannot drop pickup lines. They can do the prostitution job, though...

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2011, 12:48:28 pm »

A pure kid squad would also be a nice challenge. The amout of recruits would be smaller, too, because the children cannot drop pickup lines. They can do the prostitution job, though...

An oversight, not a feature, I assure you.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2011, 02:33:12 pm »

Heh. Well, it's not like anybody's suffering under the illusion that the LCS are heroic in any way. You have to admit it's probably a major squick, but... ehh. You're already playing as a bunch of murderous terrorists; it really can't get much worse. Unless you're playing a pacifist game, in which case you probably wouldn't be doing prostitution to begin with.

Makes me wonder... is it possible to win from Nightmare mode without ever breaking the law?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2011, 09:27:12 pm »

You might want to clarify whether the children as prositutes is the oversight, or the fact that children cannot drop pickup lines...

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2011, 09:52:56 pm »

So wait, conservative propaganda can be true?!? :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2011, 11:21:23 pm »

You might want to clarify whether the children as prositutes is the oversight, or the fact that children cannot drop pickup lines...
The "kids can't drop pickup lines" is specifically coded. The game checks to see whether the ages of the two participants are compatible before allowing pickup lines. IIRC, kids can date other kids and teens, but not adults; and adults can date teens, but not kids. Dogs and genetic nightmares are pretty much off-limits to everybody. Well... you CAN try a pickup line on a guard dog, but he'll just think you're nuts.

Bardum Idith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2011, 11:38:42 am »

Haha, I wondered that too. Sexual Liberation Squad  :o

you CAN try a pickup line on a guard dog, but he'll just think you're nuts.
Never tried that. I just noticed the dogs screaming "FATHER! Why have you forsaken me?" before they die...

EDIT: Trying to date the guard dogs I just found another bug: When you try to talk to the dogs but have less than 20 heart and no L+ animal rights, and thus say something like "Don't bite me", the game shows and incorrect name for the talking liberal during the dialogue. I guess a variable is misspelled there, cause I always got the name of my leader, who is also the first liberal on the list and whom I suspect to have an index of 0.

EDIT2: Another bug, it occured when a squad couldn't use a car because another squad already drove with it. I had two squads attempting to use the same car in the same turn without crashing the game on several occasions before.
Spoiler: Error Message (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 01:04:49 pm by Bardum Idith »

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2011, 04:52:30 pm »

For the record, the oversight is children as prostitutes. Pickup lines are intentionally restricted by age.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2011, 08:45:59 am »

Makes me wonder... is it possible to win from Nightmare mode without ever breaking the law?

Well, since everything that you do that wouldn't be against the law counts as "hurtful speech"...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2011, 09:45:56 am »

For the record, the oversight is children as prostitutes. Pickup lines are intentionally restricted by age.

Hmm I would have thought that Children would just use different pick up lines.

"Want to play on the Seasaw?"
"Sure, I love the Seasaw"

That way it makes the kids look like they are hunted by preditors...

Ok I can see why Children can't do pick ups.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2011, 12:26:25 pm »

Well, since everything that you do that wouldn't be against the law counts as "hurtful speech"...

Right. It's possible to win without breaking *current* laws, but in Nightmare mode, pretty much everything worth doing is illegal.

Callista

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2011, 04:33:16 pm »

Yeah, I've eliminated a lot already; I think it may still be possible, though.
Pages: [1] 2