Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fun you find hilarious?  (Read 1310 times)

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
Fun you find hilarious?
« on: November 04, 2011, 05:02:11 am »

Well, playing Fortress Defence Mod. Thought I had the perfect defence; I set up a tower in the middle of a valley which I then flooded with a river. The only way in was a drawbridge (hadn't got the dodge-em set up). Now I took pleasure in dropped enemies into the depths below, but it seems a single enemy White Tiger Spearman got through. The dwarves had been spamming 'Cancel due to enemy' announcements, but I thought that was just because of a construction nearby with more enemies waiting at the roof, scaring off my dwarves below. My military didn't step in because their room was above the entrance.

It took me half an hour to realise a single enemy had poked through. All death announcements were blocked with cancels. I laughed; one copper spear wielding noob had just killed 100 of my dwarves. And I had been too busy to notice; and I laughed so hard.

Anyone else got funny stories of dying?
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Fun you find hilarious?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 05:08:38 am »

Also Fortress Defense:
I train up a few legendary soldiers, legit too.  Mixed sparring and live training, no danger room, clad in mixed steel and copper, but they never were touched, they just danced around the incoming blows like a leaf on the wind.  Tigermen, imps, giants, titans, and all the horrors of the caverns themselves falling to a handful of axe blades.

And then some frogmen show up, head STRAIGHT for the nearest murky pool and sit there.  My military goes to attack them, and every single soldier jumps in and downs.

I savescum, mod raws to make the frogmen drown, and start work on a swimming pool...

Muttonhawk

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord-High everything else
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 06:54:15 am »

I remember having some legendary titled goblin that was leading a siege against my fortress decided to ride his pet giant toad into battle. The toad got dehydrated or something and jumped into the river, needless to say the goblin drowned. Despite all of his notable kills, the infamous gobbo was killed by the stupidity of a toad on par with the demise of many a dwarven fort.

I'd hate to think this would happen in droves if dwarfs could ride toads into battle.
How sad, imagine what they would've come up with... Booze proppelled rocket bayonets
Quote from: Dylan Moran
You know what you are? You're a beard with an idiot hanging off it.

humblegar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 08:09:23 am »

Also Fortress Defense:
I train up a few legendary soldiers, legit too.  Mixed sparring and live training, no danger room, clad in mixed steel and copper, but they never were touched, they just danced around the incoming blows like a leaf on the wind.  Tigermen, imps, giants, titans, and all the horrors of the caverns themselves falling to a handful of axe blades.

And then some frogmen show up, head STRAIGHT for the nearest murky pool and sit there.  My military goes to attack them, and every single soldier jumps in and downs.

I savescum, mod raws to make the frogmen drown, and start work on a swimming pool...

My last fortress had invincible military, well except versus lashers or when they tried soloing sieges. Partly because of danger room, partly because of endless live training and sparring.

Then I rerouted my entrance through some bridges...

The very first siege after that I lost at least three of my best soldiers to drowning, one of them with 60+ kills and a named spear and shield. I'm done with water as part of my defense :p

With 320+ population it had no practical impact, it just felt bad since they were the best of the best, in stats too.

raptorfangamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Svenleton King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 12:27:15 pm »

wrecking into the fun for the first time
"HOLY HELL AWESOME ADAMANTINE"
"lets mine :D"
"WHAT... oh well I guess my military can get them"
"huh... they are dieing"
"OH SHIT, BETTER LOCK THIS DOOR"
"now they wont... huh, this is bad"
*locks door with noble and kitten*
*sets designations to engrave*
"now go engrave the fall of this fort"
"wait... you are hungry?"
"go get some food and dont get yourself killed"
*unlocks door*
*kitten passes by, spotting demons and leading them to the dwarf*
"goddammit"
"Tobar, whats that on the wall?"

"That, Urist, is a reminder not to piss me off..."

nightwhips

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 02:55:24 pm »

SPOILERS!
: Miner dwarves? In my volcano?

:I put childs into danger room...
They die, and their parents care nothing because legendary dining room.

Diamond

• Bay Watcher
  • Did someone just say "elves" ?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 04:02:02 pm »

Well, I mined adamantine for the first time. Who could have expected that Clowns will be just in the second layer of it?
My armored and well-trained militia couldn't stop the invasion, peasants that were drafted to help in fight died in seconds. The last dwarf in fortress was a little 5 year old dwarven girl. She had blue eyes and white braids. And she liked puppies and horses. After she saw her younger brother being torn apart by demons, she took her little puppy and ran away to the forest outside. There she was caught and murdered by an ash demon.

Wait...
This story is supposed to be in different thread

612DwarfAvenue

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice actor.
    • View Profile
    • TESnexus profile, has my voice acting portfolio.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:09:09 pm »

Just reading through and... what is this i don't even...

Also Fortress Defense:

My last fortress had invincible military, well except versus lashers or when they tried soloing sieges. Partly because of danger room, partly because of endless live training and sparring.

Then I rerouted my entrance through some bridges...

The very first siege after that I lost at least three of my best soldiers to drowning, one of them with 60+ kills and a named spear and shield. I'm done with water as part of my defense :p

With 320+ population it had no practical impact, it just felt bad since they were the best of the best, in stats too.

Wait...

Y'all just slow your roll for a second...

320+ population

My voice acting portfolio.
Centration. Similar to Spacestation 13, but in 3D and first-person. Sounds damn awesome.
NanoTrasen Exploratory Team: SS13 in DF.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:30:40 pm »

-snip-

320+ population

Deathsword has gone stark raving mad!
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mitchewawa

• Bay Watcher
  • My pick is the pick that will pierce the heavens!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:39:39 pm »

-snip-

320+ population

*fuckin' snip*

Deathsword has gone stark raving mad!

The FPS has been struck down.
Mitch cancels sleep: Interrupted by Clowns