Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(IC)  (Read 7649 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(IC)
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2011, 03:47:08 pm »

Kain looked over at Brother Knowledge, and said "I am going to quess that you will not take part in this game, but I must warn you in the end if you do not stand against the threat you have predicted than you to will fall with the rest of us. What you do not realize is that Humans are the key to knowledge for they are ever changing creatures, and no two are alike. This no God of our power can recreate, and as you no an Overgod has not been seen in many thousands of years. Now I must go Brother Knowledge I can not let those who would use the weapons to harm others take them."

With that Kain stood, turned, and walked through the stone behind his chair appearing hundreds of miles away back in his chamber where all seven of the Earth Kings had gathered. Kain looked at them, and then an image appeared, of the map in the cave, on the far wall then he spoke "These four locations will be your next order. Go quickly, and fight any who appose you in your task." As the last word fell from his lips the Earth Kings turned, and scattered down the numerous tunnels leading out of his chamber.

"So it has begun, the wheels of war have begun turning, and soon the world will be either saved , or destroyed. Devourer how have you fallen from such heights as to become this ? How have you become precisely what I must destroy ? I wish it was not true for I never wanted to fight any of the others, but you have choose this path, and now it seems we will cross wits, guile, brawn, and power against one another." With a deep sigh Kain sat back, and closed his eyes trying to rid himself of the deep sadness he felt.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #91 on: November 17, 2011, 03:52:56 pm »

Soon after the existence of these artifacts is announced, the Cult of the Devourer is alerted by their contacts. Quietly, so quietly, the Cult begins to seek these artifacts for their own purposes. Thieves, assassins and information brokers begin gathering reports from across the various countries of the world searching for rumors and sightings of strange things around the revealed locations, and search parties begin to comb the wilderness. All work in harmony, driven by the implacable will of Astra'ath.

Gather, Assimilate, Corrupt

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 17, 2011, 04:02:25 pm »

The Grey Hunter turned to the other beings around him.

"Damned wizards. Everyone knows the gods aren't real. Only the gods of Murr'beg are real."
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2011, 04:09:03 pm »

"Poor thing doesn't know much...Would you like some insight?" Carathun says as he extends a tentacle torwards the Grey Hunter.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2011, 04:57:18 pm »

"Silly wizard. The anchanted metal is proof against your blandishment." He gets up on his steed, and rides away.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2011, 08:02:35 pm »

Midas Memorum was god of knowledge, and so knew where the Misotheist had disappeared to. As a god, he was niether restricted nor often compelled to remain in one singular physical form. The wizard found a small tree in his quarters, planted in a small pot, not unlike the art of Bonsai. The tree said nothing, but was obviously watching him. It's bark was as iron to the touch, and it's leaves like tin foil. Yet it also had the feel of something far more alive than a metal tree. At it's feet was a note:

I heard your speech at the meeting of the gods. Perhaps you saw me, perhaps not. I am sorry you feel this way. I would like to know more about your past, and in return I can offer protection to those you deem fit... So long as it is in my power.

This is a...Trinket I have created for you. Do with it what you will; Inside its trunk is a scroll containing blueprints for an advanced contraption called a 'Trebuchete'. Rub it's leaves, and it will grant you luck, but they will fall off and the tree shall wither, the scroll with it. Burn the tree, and you can contact me directly. It is your choice, a choice I give freely in recompese for whatever hardship you have endured. You have... I am incapable of sympathy, so let us call it 'understanding'.

I would like to know more.

~Max Memory

Meanwhile, The snake hissed contentedly.

"I think, Not-an-Overgod, that I have found your artifact."

Midas Memorum creates a enchanted Bonsai Tree. It's leaves wioll grant a one-time boost of luck to whoever rubs them. Also, Burning the tree will contact Midas Memorum. As well, inside the trunk is a scroll. Using any of the three properties will destroy the tree.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2011, 10:22:09 pm »

The old man reappears wiithin moments, a curious look on his face. "Oh have you? Quite confident, seeing as I never even mentioned which one would be sent first."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 18, 2011, 05:17:22 am »

What? a silly game? The Celestials of this world are playing to get a favour form some trickster? Let them play then, there are other matters to be attended to.

Ardas glanced one last time at the others and left the meeting, simply vanishing into the thin air without a word.

Back in his Halls, Ardas begun a work on a book, containing knowledge of order, chaos and Ardanium. "The Ardanian Codex" as the tome was to be known by the mortals, was a heavy book bound in dark leather, with ornate decorations of Ardanium and gold. Its beautiful writing in gothic describes in detail (for mortals) the nature of the order in the universe and the evil that is presented by chaos. All of this is finished off with a call to all mortals to unite under one banner and worship those gods who are on the side opposed to Chaos.

Ardas then took the book and went across the kingdom of Tirem, looking for a suitable candidate that will spread the message and become the prophet for Order. Ulpius, was found and approached. Appearing in his armour and hood, Ardas explained to the man his mission and gave him the book. He urged him not to delay anything and to proceed with the missionary work of spreading Order and goodwill among humans of this world.
People in Tirem, being Ardas' favourites, did not wait long to pick up and adopt their faith as their own, embracing Ardas as Order incarnate, but also were open to other beliefs, as The Codex told them to.

Create The Ardanian Codex, a book of the faith of Order. Give it to the humans of Tirem and create Order as a religion with prophet Ulpias.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 18, 2011, 07:10:28 am »

Midas' tail snaked out and around. It motioned at the pillars each god used as a throne.

"You never said they would be in one peice either."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 18, 2011, 03:27:36 pm »

The man smiled, leaning back against one of the pillars. "Ahh, an interesting theory. After all, it is entirely possible I created this place. I'll admit, you're not far from the mark. But unfortunately, the whole is a bit more than the sum of it's parts. And you are still missing one."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2011, 12:12:44 pm »

"I have many questions, trickster. I shall play your game."

The flames burn brightly, and the body is consumed. Naught but ash remains. For those so inclined as to collect and study them, the ashes have medicinal properties, and are capable of curing any disease or injury. They are left in small quantities behind on the rare occasions that Nora materialises in mortal form.

Create: Nora's Ashes; a Panacea. Does not cure death or ageing. Not available unless I specify that Nora has materialised somewhere/someone bothers to pick up the ashes in the cave before they blow away.

A call goes out to the Warriors. Those who listen hear it clearly, and tell the others. A vigil is kept- an ear is kept open in the four cities, listening for word of strange objects. Few can spare the time to seek them actively, but all add the task to their duties.

A second task is given to some. A force is assembled; two dozen Warriors, in darkest armour, of fiercest blood, whose blades burn with the hottest fires. They travel fast, to the tower formally known as Dafon's, now the home of the wizard Kinban. They assemble in ranks, unsheathe their blades, and knock heavily on the tower's door.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2011, 01:03:44 pm »

The Maw meanwhile turned his attnetion to things he deemed more important. Although the Murr prospered below Murr'beg, they stayed below the city not trying to find other hosts, soon their fought with overpopulation and yes...hunger. Once again he used his powers to change his children. He saw that in the North men were preparing for their yearly raids, yet they left so much when they raided, thing still worthy of looting. But to stand the hardships of the North, to brave the seas and the desperate survivors of the already looted villages he had to change them. From the squalor of the great craddle of the Murr, he took a quarter of the inhabitants and changed them. They grew larger, stronger, they were more viscious and brave and they had grown Pelts. They fur was thick and shaggy keeping them dry from the wetness of the Waters. And soon the first of them settled in the North and grew accustomed to the cold unforgiving winters and adapted many of teh Customs of the Northerners. Unlike their southern brethren who lived in large hives, the Greypelts seperated their Hives in clanholds. They were largerly independet from each other, however in case a Northerner Chieftain found it a good idea to root out the hives below his own town, he was met with fierce resistance from a unified hive. The Greypelts overall were better warriors and not so dependent on mere scavening of the Northerner refusals and soon it became a common sight that small, shabby pieced together rafts followed the yearly raiding fleets.

Almost every Northerner ship also now suffered from one or two single Greypelts who hid among the ship living of the rats and the water nobody would touch any more. Once the Raiding Ships hit their targets and begun plundering these "Stowguts" would leave their hosts and scout out the villages for useful stuff. If indeed there was something left which the Northerners hadn't plundered or burned down, they would wait for the rafts of their brethren and light signal fires or similiar to show them that something useful was in the ruins. Then the rafts would land ashore and unload whole clans of Greypelts who would sweep over the already looted towns and steal everything which wasn't nailed down. Once this was accomplished they would leave for the North and vanish like the Human Raiders.

But this only dealt with the North, it was merely a nod to the Northerners. It wouldn't take care of the overpopulation of Murr. and thus he took another quarter of the Murr population and changed them.
He instilled them with something he had felt when he had touched the eye of Midas, something of the Essence of that god, and infused them with it. And thus they became more curious than any of their brethren, born explorers, but to dare the wilderness, they became larger, hardier and they grew a black pelt. The "Blackpelts" were born. Soon they spread from the hives of the North and the South instinctively building Nests along and below the Trade Routes of the Humans. But the Blackpelts independence led to another social change. instead of large Hives with dozen of Clans like in Murr'beg or small Clanholds with 2 or 3 Clans like in the North, the Blackpelts never organised in such. Their instinctive Curiosity made them wander farther away than any of their brethren dared and they found greater riches by doing so. While the naked Murr mostly wore armors of bone and ragged clothes and the Greypelts leather armors (from skinning fresh corpses) the Blackpelts even had the odd piece of iron armor looted from a battlefield and if one was lucky he could even find the broken steel sword of some dead lord now in the hands of a very rich blackpelt. But with expansion came need for trade, especially the Blackpelt Outposts far away from host settlements relied on it and so Lord Hunger instilled the Murr with a common will, a will to connect their hives a means of travel a means of safe travel and soon below the human towns below the trade routes and everywhere were Murr were one could hear the sound of claws digging away at stone in the night, all for one common goal to connect the Hives in a giant network of Tunnels: the Underguts.

Lord Hunger creates
Spoiler:  the Greypelts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  the Blackpelts (click to show/hide)

finally Lord Hunger instills the Blackpelts with the idea of connecting the Hives by an Underground Network of Tunnels called the "Underguts".

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2011, 02:59:37 pm »

Whilst no-one was watching Midas' form shifted into his more comfortable Tree shape. A root tapped the ground idly.

The Eyes of the Magi began to gather around the sites the Not-Overgod had mentioned. They would not arrive as quickly as the other gods, but they were many, as well as nigh invulnerable thanks to their organless magical nature. They were simply watchers, and anything they found would have to be attended to personally by Midas himself, but he did not need to waste his power teleporting around like the others, who had so little foresight.

The Pillars were key, he was sure of it. Roots sapped the ground under his pillar, searching. Perhaps the artifact was underneath? Perhaps not.

Branches spread the width of the cavern. Perhaps it was in the roof? Perhaps not.

The old, wise face of Midas Memorum watched the old trickster. Perhaps he was lying. Perhaps not.

Midas resolved to find out.
Thou art I, I art Thou.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 06, 2011, 10:08:28 am »

And so the gods began to disperse, some ignoring the offer from the strange old man, and others beginning their own searches for the objects he spoke of. And a few found something. Hidden just beneath the earthen floor of the cave, invisible to divine senses, Midas Memorum's questing branches and Carathun's tentacles brushed against another pillar, buried and broken. A shattered column of stone that would have stood in the center of the cavern, it seemed mundane enough... well, apart from the fact that only the mortal senses of the gods could perceive it at all.

Elsewhere the search proved less fruitful. But, for the people of the world, certainly not less eventful. The Revenants, usually rare on the surface, had suddenly descended in great numbers from their floating shards. The first to arrive were met with arrows and blades, their attempts to search for the artifacts interrupted by the weapons of terrified humans...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 06, 2011, 03:37:17 pm »

Kain sat on his throne, and watched through a small pool of liquid like dirt that filled the chamber, and what he saw were beings of darkness coming, and many of the other God's creation pouring forth to search for these artifacts. Kain let out a deep sigh, and said "My Brothers, and Sisters you are fools. You ignore the humans of this world, and seek only your own benefit for that I shall put in place a safeguard of my own." With that Kain stood up, walked to a nearby stone, and pressed his hand against it. Hundreds of miles away a stone formed beneath the Tre of Knowledge, Midas Memorum.

To the God it spoke a message "You will bring about an age of destruction, and death with your prophecy, Brother Knowledge. You will sit idly by, and watch as all is destroyed, and the humans die out. Knowledge will exist forever true, but true knowledge will die with the humans, and the Gods of this era. You have brought about your destruction, but I do not hate you, no I shall join this gamble with you. So be prepared for what I am about to do may vary well change much of the Knowledge you now hold."

With that it dissolved, and its remains sunk deep into the earth before becoming a block of obsidian deep in the bowels of the world. As the obsidian form Kain walked into the room that held the God Slayer, Walyin're. There he stood, and waited for a reply from Brother Knowledge.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9