Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(IC)  (Read 7651 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(IC)
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2011, 12:08:19 pm »

"Hello heroes, it is great to meet you in person. Have any of you met one of the Earth Kings before?" Kain asked as the two entered, though this time his voice came from him, and him alone. He smiled as he thought He may have divine magic, but it seems he is no god, and that gives us the advantage. For he has openly declared he will face us in anything we will do. That further means he would harm what I would protect, and for that he will die if he tries.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2011, 12:31:23 pm »

Narr had been travelling for many days, when it felt the call. The forest was enormous, larger than some nations, and most would have been hopelessly lost form the start. However, Narr knew the forest well, as the forest was its hunting ground. Narr had been travelling to one of the nearby human settlements, and was approaching its destination, when it felt the call. Altering its direction slightly, it started heading towards this cave. Normally it would have been very wary of such a thing, but in the past few days it has been feeling under great pressure, as if its chest was caught in the jaws of some terrible monster.

Narr arrived at the cave in time, but did not enter. The call was strong, but it still had enough wits about it to recognize the place as a deathtrap. With its sharp eyes it saw oddly-dressed figures, with devices never before seen standing outside. Instead of approaching them, Narr clambered up a tree and silently perched there, observing those by the cave, ready to flee at a sign of danger.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2011, 01:22:14 pm »

Carathun sensed the presence of his chosen...Snik. Nearby...Well a warning should be of use to him...He once again gathered his mind and forced it into the mortal brain of the mage.

"Snik? Enter, and be cautious...gods and a God lurk within."
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2011, 02:00:27 pm »

He shudders slightly as the connection is opened up again"Yes My Lord, The Divine Magics are strong here but also the Knower had also given me his protection...It would be intresting to see what is inside...

Snik closed the connection and wandered inside of the cave
Raggle Fraggle

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2011, 11:01:54 am »

The Call was tugging at him. He could feel it- He had felt it for some time now; And from day to day it became stronger. It was a strange sensation, part curiosity, part pain, part calling. At first it was only a mild sensation, but now it filled his whole mind, his whole being, preventing him from sleeping, resting and even eating.

He couldn`t endure it any longer. He simply had to do something about it.

In Dafons Tower (Strictly speaking it was Kinbans Tower- His old Master and teacher Dafon passed away two years ago, but for Kinban this Tower would always be the home of his beloved mentor.) Kinban smiled, pleased. The Spell was finished.

In his visions he had seen a Cave far away- Traveling to it wasn`t viable. But he was a wizard and wizards had other means to achieve such mundane tasks.

He didn`t knew what was calling him.. It could be dangerous, and Kinban didn`t want to take any risks. So teleporting himself was out of question. He was far more creative and skilled than ordinary wizards, his old master had always said so.

He stared at the Candle, confident. It was inscribed with various ancient glyphs of power. He had enchanted it- Upon lighting it his mind would travel to the Cave, leaving his sleeping body behind in Dafons tower. Should the candle burn down, his mind would return to his body. Failsafe.

The Call was tugging at him again- Now was the time. He muttered a word and the Candle begun to burn. He blinked.

And when he opened his eyes again he was standing in the middle of the cave, surrounded by Gods and Heroes.

He laughed. Long and hard and bitter without any joy.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2011, 03:28:45 pm »

"Welcome hero, and, even though I know not your name, I will gift you with my protection while you remain here. Now Old Man shall we begin ? I do not wish to drag this meeting out, so please state that which you want." Kain said as he turned his eyes to the mortal, and tried to analyze the mortal. To Kain it was a simply curious look, but to the mortal he could feel the shear power coming from him, and all the elements of earth that surrounded him. He even felt that the metal he carried began to exude a small amount of power from just being in his presence, but this power was temporary for it came from the God himself.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2011, 06:40:28 pm »

She Comes

From the void between worlds the call was felt. The being known as the Devourer was amused. An orifice opened on the titanic surface that was its body and from it was spat a woman. This woman flew through the void without protection or worry, propelled by the force of her ejection. She passed easily through the barrier of reality and streaked through the sky as a ball of fire, eyes closed in serene relaxation as she landed with the force of a falling star. The ground around her shattered, hurled skywards in great molten bands, and ejecta from the crater covered miles of farmland and grassy plains.

At last her eyes opened, and she smiled. Gaining her feet, she looked around at this new world... this feast. Her pointed ears and slight build was unlike anything seen on this world, and the slight luminosity to her skin granted her an appropriately ethereal and otherworldly appearance.

She turns, unerring in her sense of direction, and begins traversing the countryside with slow and deliberate steps.

The elf maiden is dressed in simple clothes, an undyed woolen robe and leather sandals, but the blade at her hip belies her seemingly plebeian nature. It is a twisted ugly thing of scarred and blackened metal with a single red eye staring out from the hilt and a burning red aura surrounding the blade. It elicits in those bold enough to meet its gaze an uneasy and unnerving sense of baleful intent, as though the sword itself were the intelligence behind this woman's presence, and it were watching the events and surroundings.

By and by, she reaches the cave where others have gathered. She enters fearlessly, this seemingly mortal woman, and meets the gaze of those present. Her voice rings out, echoing in the enclosed space with a pitch and timbre which no mortal could match.

"Who would call the Devourer to this place?"

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 17, 2011, 08:49:20 am »

The man vanished almost immediately at the woman's entrance, a map of the world appearing in his place. Moments later, five glowing dots appeared scattered across it's surface as his voice echoed through the cave again. "Well, I think that's likely everyone who is coming. Anyway, I have called you all here to propose something of a game: I shall send an artifact of sorts to each of these five places in turn, gifted to a mortal. For each one one of you brings back here, I will answer a single question as plainly as I am able. For each you fail to return... well, I'll leave that a surprise, but it will likely not be pleasant. Oh, and don't think you gods will have an easy time of it either! There holes in your awareness after all; the first of my toys is already in place... Oh, and before I go: The Devourer? Seriously? Geez, that's got to be the most cliche title I've ever heard on a god. And that's saying something!"

With a loud cackling, the presence filling the cave vanished entirely, nothing but the map remaining to mark his passage. It's five marked locations glowed softly, some of the most heavily inhabited locations in the world: The Kingdom in the North, Var'Us, Murr'beg, the capital of Vaneluzia...and one marking this very cavern.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 17, 2011, 09:26:37 am »

Othrelos couldn't help but like this man. His mind certainly had the spark, and a scavenger hunt with the gods was amusing indeed.

Well, let the games begin.

The mind of chaos reached out to it's stronghold, stirring the drifting mirror shards as a great storm began, spewing forth more revenants which wormed their way through the fabric of reality to their destinations. Othrelos itself raised off it's throne, arks of magic searching and probing the walls of the cave.
Act: Create swarms of revenants to go to each of these places in search of the artefacts, as well as  to spread chaos and gain faith.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 17, 2011, 11:33:42 am »

Wait so i wasted my time for....this?

a laughter erupted from the old man, like two bones scratching against each other, long,bitter and...amused?

I'll leave that game to the more...childish of you...

he wandered towards the entrance of the gave but stopped. He felt that hunger again, that enormous hunger. He wandered closer to the elf maiden.

And somethign that had propably never happened...actually happened. Hunger grinned, broadly. Not in a mad way. Nor in that disgusting i-fucked-you-over way, it was a simple serene grin coming from somebody who feels very, very good.

Elf, you have the aura of your master surrounding you. Tell him, his Aura tastes good...

with this he left the cave...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2011, 01:01:18 pm »

The woman looks uninterested at the man's proposal and unperturbed at the subsequent insult. She leans against one wall of the cavern and watches as the others discuss this development but does not contribute anything as yet.

At her hip, the redgold blade pulses with a quiet fury and the tri-lobed eye in its hilt stares balefully at those assembled.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 02:37:34 pm by forsaken1111 »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2011, 02:32:32 pm »

"You want us to play a game? Just to find out about you? How...eccentric."

He wanted to play a game, yes? Well Carathun would dance to his tune...for now. Carathun stretched out his tentacles all over the cavern and searched for the  artifact of the old god...

But he would also need some assistance in gathering the other items...Luckily, he controlled the people of the waters, the Way of Light. He shot a message through the winds and gave visions to the priests and leaders of the faction. "My children, I give a task. There are fourartifacts that must be gathered. Glowing lights, dots they are. They can be found in your homeland of the North, the floating city of Var'Us, the remnant city of Murr'beg, and Vaneluzia. Go there and search high and low for the artifacts...It is your sacred duty. Do not fail me and you all shall learn yet more."

Now with that taken cared of, Carathun returned to the searching of the cavern...

Act: Get the Way of Light to search the locations for the articfacts, leaving no stone unturned. Spread the belief as they go.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:55:08 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2011, 03:21:36 pm »

Kinban was shocked. He had always known that the Gods had to be carefree bastards. When a plague killed his parents, so many years ago he had cursed the gods. When he hadn`t had enough money to buy food, and he had to beg, and he saw all the rich Priests walk by without even looking at him he cursed them again. During his time as a volunteer in the army he saw his comrades die, and the gods didn`t help them, either.

By then he had decided that the gods would help no one. Every man had to rely on his own abilities.

Yes, the Gods are bastards. But to this extent? Are the struggles and woes of men really just a game to them? Did that God really suggest a Treasure Hunt?

Kinbans Time was running out- Soon the Candle would go out.

He stepped into the middle, looking at each god in turn, recalling ancient stories and myths. Selfish bastards. Manipulating humans to fulfill their childish desires.

"So you are real, after all."

He raised his Voice.

"Very well, i`m here to offer my terms. You are unworthy to call yourself Gods. You manipulate humans, playing with them as our children do with toys. Again and again you fill the hearts of mortals with pain, woe and sorrow. Parents lose their children, children their parents. Good men starve, while bad ones thrive. Dragons and other terrible creatures harrow our lands. Enough is enough."

"I demand that you leave this world. Now, or as soon as possible. Stop manipulating our world, stop to act like children with some terrible powers. Leave this world and don`t return. If you don`t comply i will kill you. I don`t know how, or when, but i will do everything in my might to protect the mortals from you. I will burn your temples down. I will destroy your artifacts. I will hunt down your servants. I will convert your believers, with the sword if needed. This i vow."

"Our World, our fate belongs to us mortals alone. Leave us be."

And then he vanished; The candle had burned down.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 03:25:10 pm by Lordinquisitor »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 17, 2011, 03:30:58 pm »

A misotheist? Poor thing doesn't know the way of gods...The manipulations are needed to create a better world...And besides, those who died were sent to the Paradise, as he had decreed. He would have to be fought eventually, but not yet...
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2011, 03:39:17 pm »

The woman eyes Kinban, her lips twisting in amusement. Her voice, ringing with an ethereal timbre, sings out.

I like you Mortal, though I am no god. I am the Herald of the End, but I respect your gall. My Master comes, and He cannot be stopped. Other worlds have tried and they have failed. In the end, all things turn to dust. You would do better to fight a coming storm, and would fail just as utterly.

However, I can offer you an escape. Those who accept the Devourer can live on with Him rather than be destroyed. I am proof of this. My world, my people, my entire universe was consumed except for me and several others like me.

The choice is yours, however. To walk the path of the Devourer is to know many things forbidden to the masses.

She shrugs and walks a little ways away to find a nice sitting rock and takes a seat, looking somewhat bored.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9