Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(IC)  (Read 7650 times)

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(IC)
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2011, 09:09:14 pm »

"Worry not, Lady of Fire." Rumbles Midas Memorum, "We should be safe here. I have been sifting for some time noww through memories past. They fade quicker than I can recall them, but in my experience, and it is vast, there have been no... malevolent... Overgods.

"Speaking of Overgods, I grow weary of waiting for ours. I am kept up to date while I wait, but my attention could be better spent elsewhere. Come then, Overgod, that we be done with this." The serpent hissed and rattled the leves behind him with his tail like a rattlesnake.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 10:44:33 pm »

The god's words echoed through the chamber unanswered for several minutes. Until suddenly the light hovering in the middle of the room flashed and grew blindingly bright even to the eyes of the gods, while a deep laughter filled the room. As it faded, the light had been replaced by an old man, shaking his head at the snake.

"An Overgod you say? Oh, that's rich. Best joke I've heard in eons! Whatever gave you the idea I was one of those? My dear boy, I am nothing of the sort. An overgod is on the side of their world. Me? I'm on whichever side you're not."
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 11:22:22 pm »

"Then who are you to summon the Gods ?" Kain said it in a normal voice, but the earth screamed his answer to the being, as if a hundred people had repeated the same sentence at the exact same moment. His voice was distorted by the earth making it sound cold, and chilling, but a hint of kindness could still be heard coming from Kain's throat as he spoke. He sat staring at the old man with interest as he continued to sit in the throne though now it had shifted, and now looked more comfortable.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 11:29:03 pm »

"If you're on the side I am not, then allow me to be your friend." Midas Memorum drawled. "If you're not an Overgod, then what should we call you? Father Interstellar?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 02:18:03 am »

"Not on our side? What then, if we all happen to be different sides?"
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 06:17:47 am »

"I came out here just to listen to an old man taunt people? I'm not sure what there is for me to do, but I'm sure it's better than this"
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 06:23:28 am »

"As much as I loathe situatins like this, there is power here. We must remain and see what was the purpose that we were summoned here."

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 07:03:39 am »

The Maw merely grunted. Even after eternities the Multiverse held some surprises for you...

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 07:08:53 am »

The Grey Hunter continued on his path to the doom he had been called too. His steed was fast, and he knew the country like the back of his hand.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2011, 10:08:50 am »

The man began to pace the room slowly, walking a small circle between the gods. "Patience, patience. You all were not the only ones called here, and I do so hate repeating myself. As for a name... You may call me Meloris, it's as good a name as any."

Meanwhile, slightly invalidating his own demands for patience, all those heroes who had chosen to heed his call found themselves just outside the cave.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2011, 10:26:07 am »

Snik had rubbed his forehead as he recived the call. Whats with that, every single diety and figure of note must of had a direct line to his head of some sort. He would need to see about getting that fixed later but that was besides the point, This was drawing upon the fact he was a hero and called him to some rarely seen portion of the world. He patted the eyeball perched on his shoulder and summoned the floating disk and speed off for the mouth of the cave, arriving before any of the other Heros did he wandered around a bit, categorizing the different plants he saw there.
Raggle Fraggle

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2011, 10:46:57 am »

Bael was on his ship, waiting. The fleet was not far away now - he could see the first ships in the distance. They were going to meet in the Red Bay, and start the raid on the villages nearby. It was a simple plan, and he liked to think that simple plans were always the best. His men were getting ready to fight, but he did not need to - what the hell? He felt... Something. It was like a call - but it was in his head. Maybe he needed to sleep - again! Without thinking, he turned the ship to the nearest shore - ignoring the other men's shouts - and he left the ship as soon as he could. During the following hours, he met with a rider in the woods and stole his horse - the man was a farmer, and he fainted when he saw a tall, strong man in a black armor getting out of the woods. He rode for a few hours, but soon something strange happened - one moment his horse was following a road in the woods, going south, and a few seconds later he was in front of a cave. The wheater and the time of the day were different.

Now, Bael was not a magician, but he knew that was magical, and everyone in the North knew that magic was bad. There was only one thing he could do now. The Black Giant drew his longsword, and he walked slowly into the cave.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2011, 10:54:22 am »

Snik noticed someone else had arrived. "Hold Black Giant. Hold." He offered a nod of his head, a smile and a wave to Bael. "Your Reputation of invincibility proceeds you but I will recommend you do not head into that Cave my friend." Snik takes a few steps towards him. "The cave has a certain stench of magic about it that I have difficulty discerning, So I do not recomend charging in head on as you would." He shrugs slightly and adjusts his coat, his eyes trace along the ground before locking back up towards Bael "So..How have you been?"
Raggle Fraggle

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2011, 11:10:40 am »

The eyeball spoke: "That is the smell of Divine Magic. Particularly strong Divine Magic. It is safe for you to enter, Snik, for you have my protection at least, but of the Black Giant I say thus; Ignorance will get you nowhere. Your fear of magic restricts your mind. Release yourself from that bias and you may yet find My favor."
Thou art I, I art Thou.

Shootandrun

• Bay Watcher
  • Silence is the answer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2011, 11:27:59 am »

Bael looked at the other man. He did not know his name, but the other called him Black Giant - his reputation followed him­. He was about to answer to the man's last question, but an eyeball spoke first. He was silent for a few seconds, and then he laughed.

"Divine magic, eh? Not really impressive. If you are truly a god, then I am disappointed. The first thing you said about me was a mistake - I do not fear, I hate, and I do not need the favor of a god who makes ​​mistakes, thank you."

He turned towards the cave, and he entered. This time, however, he sheated his sword - a mortal weapon was not going to be useful against deities. While he did not fear magic, he was no fool either.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9