Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(IC)  (Read 7654 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(IC)
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2011, 11:37:26 pm »

As Carathun conversed with the eye, he heard his disciple, his servant. His "bloody hero". Conversing with the eye, trying to see what it did. Good, good...It is only right that he did so...But he would need to tread cautiously, for he would speak to a god. Carathun opened his mind and sent it speeding toward Snik.

"Careful, young one. Even those who raise cities are but nothing towards a god. This one is...old and seeking. He checks the scales, and knows...Caution."

Snik would perhaps become annoyed with these "mindrapes" as he once called them, but they were for his own good, and Carathun couldn't risk losing him now...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2011, 11:46:41 pm »

This connection between a mortal mind and a God was a interesting experience to say the least. The experience of having a vast consciousness crashing into your own in order to send a message would be a overwhelming experience for most and would drive a average man insane after a contact with such a overpowering force but Snik had hardened himself over the years and simply was not a average man but still it called his attention when he was addressed with a slight shiver down his spine and his tattoos seemed to re compose themselves.

"Yes My Lord. I am just attempting to ply myself with the other forces in this fine world which you have domain. Being Spited by the other Lords of this Domain would surely impede progress, Being able to curry favor would be a healthy route...Although I do admit my method was crude."
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2011, 12:55:28 am »

"I care for the beings that wander the earth, because the earth cares for them, forever watching over them, but this feeling is painful for with it comes pain, the pain of loss. Losing something dear is painful, yet I am nearly the only god who feels this pain, and sometimes I ask the same question as you Brother, Why do I care ?, but the earth always replies with the same image of stone guarding, and sheltering children, beasts, and numerous other beings. As for your last question I believe that would be possible for you show no harm to those I protect, but I must warn you, as I will all of our Kin, if you try to harm those I protect, or my children I will crush you. The earth is old, and holds secrets that no gods, but I know." He replies to his Brother, but this time the voice comes solely from Kain as he no longer feels anger, or the threat of another being of his power within the room.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2011, 05:26:27 am »

An eye.
An Eye?

The Maw stared silently at the floating thing. He measured it. Felt what drove it.

So the first divine brother had found him already?  He felt into the divine essence of the automaton and was intrigued. It was driven by something similiar to hunger. It was rather a Thirst...a thirst of knowledge. It bore some similarity to his own hunger, yet it was different again. And somehow it was soothing, although he couldn't make out in what way. He took a bit of the things essence, it's thirst, and exchanged it with a bit of his own essence, his hunger.

His sibling would propably know what that meant.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 06, 2011, 08:41:19 am »

Midas Memorum rustled his branches in the wind. So many new gods; this world was a fertile ground for knowledge indeed. Midas hoped it would continue to be for some time, but knowing the reputation of Astra'Ath, he hypothisised that the universe would crumble before any real progress could be made. Pity.

To Astra'Ath he said: "You answer cryptically. I am not surprised, Devourer. My mind is old, and memories are shattered when crossing the border into this universe. I can do naught but hope you prove less... less of a barrier, this time."

To the Lord of the Ocean he replied: "Enemy is, prehaps, not the correct word. I bear him no ill will, and niether does he. In fact, I suspect that neither of us are capable of doing so. However, he is indeed a force of destruction, and thus a sort of barrier to my own goals of collection." The voices spoke in unison now, putting emphasis on the words, "Heed your elders, God of the Seas. Astra'Ath is not one to be trifled with. I have known him before; He has much power, and no wish to see this world alive. Facing him alone would be suicide."

To the Hero he said: "I am Midas Memorum, commonly known as the God of Knowledge. I do not think of myself as a god, but the minds of the many so often outweigh the mind of the few. I come to this world for the collection of new phenomena, nothing more. I shall make no ripples, worry not."

To Kain he begins to formulate a reply, until the secrets of the earth are mentioned... "Secrets, do I hear? Interesting..." Midas Memorum checks, and the view is clear of eyes. As if you had blinked, Midas Memorum is several hundred miles away, underground, directly behind Kain. The wind rustles through his branches as he waves them over the walls.

To the Maw he says thus: "Maw? It is good to see you, old friend. How fare you?"
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2011, 09:05:09 am »

"Bounduaries must exist, for they keep the Universum together. But once you have the likes of you and me, it all comes apart. The building blocks start to fall and the entropy takes away all.
My name is Ardas, overseer of Order, and it is up to me to see that this world does not fall to the same fate as countless others, their distant echoes announcing their unnatural demise. Right now I am torn between intervention and direct interference, for I know that either course will have a high price."

"You use magic, yet I do not see any desire for wanton chaos or change. What is your purpose here?"

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2011, 09:12:35 am »

Snik nodded as Midas spoke to him through the eye "Ah..A pleasure to meet you Lord Memorum. I trust that you enjoyed my work on the Raising Vas'Us? Sadly I feel it remains the only place in the world that contains the old tomes."
He shakes his head slightly as he releases the magic holding the eye in place, trusting it to remain close and listen to him. He then looks at the eye head on "Hmm. If you are intrested in the recording of the Phenomena of this world may I make a suggestion, As you may be able to see I am also interested in the collection and sharing of knowledge of this World, Why not intrust a Eye to me?  Much more efficient than just blindly sending these eyes into the world to observe the random, Personally I am searching for the old and the unseen, Somethings a Being of your Caliber may be interested in."
Raggle Fraggle

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2011, 09:50:22 am »

Kain remained seated, and rested his head on his fist before saying "So this is your true form Brother Knowledge, yet it is not one that gives you the ability to interact with mortals directly. First, I guess you came to learn the secrets of the earth, but that I can not tell you for I am bound to the earth to tell no one. In time you will learn, when the time for the war of the Gods comes only then shall you learn, and I hope that time never comes for it will bring harm to what I protect, and care for." He paused as an Earth King wandered in, and handed him a crystal, that crystal held his memories, and what he had seen. He took it in his right hand, and sat up straight before twirling it in his hand where it vanishes becoming a liquid, and seeping through his skin.

Then he lifted his left, and twirled it in the air, and where his hand was a heartstone formed. He grasped it, and said "Here this is what I can give you, all the knowledge my Earth Kings have found, it contains much about humans, and the lands, and the one of the uses of the heartstone, which I am sure you know little of, which allows you to keep something from death by placing it within them." With that Kain waited for a reply from Brother Knowledge

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2011, 05:39:00 pm »

Midas took the stone with an outstretched branch, and it melted and swirled into the heart of the Tree.

"I see. But, if what you said is true, that I shall only know when the war of the Gods comes to this world, then that is grim news indeed." A face swirled onto the bark, a ancient, pained face, staring directly into Kains soul with the chilling gaze of ages. "Because there is one thing that remains constant throughout the myraid of universes I have seen and known..."

"And that, dear Brother Earth, is that I learn quickly. Always."

---

To Snik, there is no response, only the Eye latching onto his shoulder like a grotesque parrot.

---

The Eye buzzes slightly.

"Brother Ardas, I have no love for Chaos, no love for Order. I am here to observe, record, and remember. That is all. I watch, I see, I do not interfere, save for my experiments."
Thou art I, I art Thou.
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2011, 06:44:29 pm »

"Fool! Chaos will consume all and the endless flight from one world to another will continue! Your records are useless if they are consumed by the madness and magic.
You speak of neutrality, but we Celestials cannot be neutral. Only mortals have the privilege of experiencing existence and exit it after they are done with it. They are the true neutrals, simply living as part of the world below. We are bigger than them and wield powers that shape their lives below. If you are merely satisifed with watching, then be my guest. But the Hunger and Chaos will come eventually, so make sure that your records and experiments will be of value to us when the time comes."

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 06, 2011, 07:31:59 pm »

"I," said the Eye coldly, "Will watch them burn. And record what temprature they burn at. I wil record what burns first. I will record if ink retards the growth of the flames. The color my books burn, I will know.

"Knowledge cannot be destroyed, Boy. You would do well to remember that. We would fight forever, doing nothing. Is that what you want? To fade into the background like some obscure tome? In the annals of my mind, Boy, you are little more than another book on the shelf, another source of knowledge. Do not call me a fool when you know so little yourself.

"I will watch this world burn in the flames of Chaos before I die, and I will see it frozen in Order."

All Eyes, all over the planet, straightened and stood their full height. They spoke in unison, thusly:

"This is my prediction, the prophecy of Midas Memorum. The world shall walk in Ice, and shall walk in Fire. Twice the world shall be Chaos, and once Order. The End of Times will be signaled by Three things. One: The Reddest Stars of the Sky shall descend, and with them bring pure terror. Two: The Gods walk physically, and none know why. Three: The Sun shall set, and never again rise whole. This, Mortals, Gods, Heroes alike, I give to you. Use it well; I give you Death, Destroyer of worlds."

A sense of vertigo washed around the world at the last word, Gods and Mortals alike feeling for just a second eternity. Midas vanished completely, for himself, transfering himself above the air itself, to watch the sun rise without harassment.

Without thinking, he began shaping himself a library, of dull brown stone, with columns and pillars. It was massive, visible from the ground as a speck of ground, but it was also empty, and so Midas created the Scribes, who wrote down Midas' thoughts and learnings to paper. It would fill, in time.

To himself he recited the last line. "At the end of this world, shall I die, at the point of a blade outdated."

Midas Sends out a Prophecy
Midas gives the whole world a second of Vertigo
Midas begins forming the Great Library
Midas creates the Scribes, a race of automatons who write down his thoughts and what he learns. They will fill the library with his tomes.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:35:58 pm by Karnewarrior »
Thou art I, I art Thou.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 06, 2011, 08:01:50 pm »

Nora felt.
Not something she commonly engaged in.

She heard the prophecy. She experienced vertigo. She knew the certainty with which had been spoken.

And she felt fear.

Merely for a fleeting moment. Her world was warm, ice confined itself to the extremes, and so it would remain. Hah, the first part of the prophecy would never be fulfilled; there was no reason to fear.
Yet she could not help but cast her gaze upon the cold regions of the world, just checking to be sure that nothing was amiss. Nothing was, of course. But no harm in keeping an eye open for unexpected developments... which would, of course, never happen. Haha.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 06, 2011, 08:31:27 pm »

A brief disturbance and a sense of vertigo. Or at least what the mortals named as vertigo. Unusual experience for a being such as himself, but he knew its source. The bookkeeper considered himself above the events of this world, yet he was pre-occupied with watching. Let that be so for now. And whether the Order and Ice were synonymous in the prophecy was not quite clear to Ardas, as Order isn't something that is rigid in its nature. Rigid things are usually dead. And Order in itself was not a rigid element, but rather a sum of all elements working in harmony, be it a society or natural world at large.

This however was a thing to be explained later. For now a proper setting had to be prepared, as Ardas felt that a time of greater involvement with mortal realm was inevitable.
So he set about his work. First he appeared, in his armor, face not visible. Then the walls and columns, all of gray-white stone, taking the features of a gothic nave. Floor of polished stone, grey also appeared, with a large red carpet rolling down the middle. At the very end of the nave, a throne, of marble and ardanium, with bronze and gold. The entirety of Ardas' celestial plane became this great gothic structure. The Halls of Archon, as this place was to be known, was to become Ardsas' residence and indicator of how things are in the world. For now the place was clean, stone whole and moderately lit with white light, seemingly from nowhere, yet filling the halls.

Ardas then sat upon his throne. He was ready.

Create Halls of Archon, Ardas' place of residence.
The Halls' looks represent the state in which Ardas thinks the world is, with regards to magic and Chaos. It works like an indicator, so the looks change based upon events and circumstances.

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 06, 2011, 08:50:15 pm »

As the Grey Hunter drank another ale in the great tavern of Murr'beg, he felt something change in the universe. He pondered for a second, then turned back to his drink.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 06, 2011, 08:51:04 pm »

Kain heard the prophecy, and for the first time felt vertigo, but he continued to sit upon his throne staring out into the world through the the eyes of one of his Kings. Releasing the view he said "Thus, it begin I hope you know what you have done Brother Knowledge for know the world is fated. We may not know it yet, but it will come all you have said will be true, but only the ending will change. We will either fall , because of our hatred for one another, or for our lack of trust in mortals. Or we will succeed with the mortals by our side with our champions at the front. Now the earth will wait for what we know will come, but I will still wonder why you have done this Brother Knowledge. You have either doomed, or saved the world, and it is a delicate balance between the two. Are you prepared for the outcome ?"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9