Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Kind of freaked out...  (Read 3072 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Kind of freaked out...
« on: November 03, 2011, 06:48:19 pm »

So, looking for rational explanations.

It started a few weeks ago. I started having dreams that my fingers would be covered in some sort of grimey black stuff.

Then, earlier this week, my wife pointed out it looked like I had some sort of oil or grease on my face. Went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, and sure enough I had grease all over it. I couldn't recall touching anything greasy, though it was sort of weird, but shrugged it off.

Then it happened again. Okay, that was REALLY odd, but maybe I'd just touched the same thing. Meanwhile the grease-dreams have been becoming a bit more disturbing. Not content-wise, just... ambience-wise.

Today, my wife comes home from work to find greasy smudges all across the middle of the kitchen floor. I don't recall any greasy smudges when we left, she confirms. She got home before me - I did leave a bit after her, but I don't THINK I did anything greasy all over the floor... and I'm not greasy when I get to work. But when we get home, the grease is there. And, after the initial discover, she looks at me to find my face is apparently covered in grease again as well.

It's very confusing.

So, grease ghost? I hope its a grease ghost. That would be cool.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kind of freaked out...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 07:26:23 pm »

Maybe you are sleepwalking and touching something greasy? I'd say you install a camera in your bedroom to see whats going on.
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Lectorog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 07:35:21 pm »

Do your fingers ever actually have grease on them? Or just in the dreams? And do you have any pets, or other residents?

A grease ghost sounds cool, but that would become a serious cleanliness problem, very quickly. It could also start laying traps for you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2011, 07:48:06 pm »

See, thats the weirdest thing - if my fingers had grease on them, it would make a lot more sense! But nope, that part is just in the dreams. In real life it's just my face (and not just a spot, I'm talking smeared all over my nose and cheek and around my eye) and now on the floor in the kitchen.

Haschel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2011, 08:53:09 pm »

The hands/face thing doesn't sound too far-fetched, it would be fairly easy to get grease on them from some inane object you didn't realize had grease on some of it's moving parts. But I can't think of many cases where it would get on the floor as well, unless it's on someone's feet/shoes. Any idea what kind of grease it is? Is it always the same kind, and always black?

Felsic

• Bay Watcher
  • i feel asleep
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2011, 08:57:18 pm »

That is definitely strange, but I've experienced similar things. I've sleepwalked to other people's beds at least twice or thrice, and I once cut my own blanket in half with scissors for some reason. If it's in the kitchen, you could check if you've played with the pipes below the sink or something? Sounds weird, I know, but it's a weird situation. You might haveve stuck your head in there while it was leaking or handled the pipes in such a way that it didn't dirty your hands.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2011, 09:33:52 pm »

Try filming yourself constantly for a day. This can produce one of two results.

1. You'll find out where the grease is coming from.
2. The ghosts will flee, as they hate cameras.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ogdibus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 09:42:06 pm »

« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 06:42:03 am by Ogdibus »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 09:46:50 pm »

You must find out what the grease monster tries to tell you! Read the markings on the floor. Take photos. Make notes.
Perhaps it's the restless ghost of the real John Travolta wanting you to help him take revenge on that scientologist impostor!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »

Posting to watch, because this sounds fascinating and I know you aren't a troll.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 11:52:04 pm »

My proposal:
- face grease was just from the sebaceous glands, which are denser in the face.

-floor grease was by stepping onto something else.

-dreams are just coincidental
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Christes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:59:42 pm »

Posting to watch, because this sounds fascinating and I know you aren't a troll.

This.  It's like something out of a TV show.

Is there anything interesting about the grease itself? Smell? Color?

Grimshot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 12:11:50 am »

Did you say anything to your wife about the dreams before all of this started happening? Your wife could just be having some fun with you, thats my guess at least.
My personality profile.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 12:22:30 am »

^Hehe, could be this! Or maybe you've actually been abducted with aliens, and they've kept your real body for scientific purposes whilst leaving your brain within a near-perfect replica of a human form- The only flaw being that your facial pores sweat the grease you were crafted from?
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 02:17:55 am »

I don't have useful answers at this point, but I do have questions:

* What does the grease smell like?
 * How thick is it?
 * Does it have chunks in it?
Pages: [1] 2 3