Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Stranded  (Read 3913 times)

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: Stranded
« Reply #45 on: November 06, 2011, 02:09:22 pm »

> Execute madness technique: Stare into the abyss.

Send in a bodyguard them wait a minute listening for screams.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 06, 2011, 02:17:57 pm »

You look down into the darkness below you, daring it to blink first.
One of your body guards slides down the rope to the chasm floor and lights a flare.
It shines brightly illuminating the black algea like substance that seems to be oozeing from the walls.
The drop down to him is far shallower than it first appeared.
You watch from above as he sweeps the bottom of the chasm for threats before signal that it's safe.

Spoiler: Crew status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Current Equipment (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: map (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 02:20:00 pm by Jerick »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 06, 2011, 07:27:15 pm »

Pray to the father god Odin, and his son thor for protection. If there ever was a nest for Jötunn that crevice would be it. Then go into the Dark crevice of probable doom.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 06, 2011, 08:32:17 pm »

Whispering a breif prayer you slide down the rope descending into the chasm.
The dawn's light dims as you make your way down into the depths below.
As you go lower you see how the chasm opens out wider than could be belived by simply looking down into
The black slime that coats the walls seems to shift and move in the poor light, almost as if it was moving away from you.
You feel the slime slicked ground press against the soles of your boots as you reach the bottom.
The other members of your party come down one by one without a word spoken.
The first bodyguard down holds aloft the flare like a tourch it's light reavealing a pair of boot tracks that wind further into the chasm.
Wordlessly he begins carefully following them and without comment or complaint the party marches into the unknown.
Time passes unmarked as your little group anxiously creeps forward.

The search party comes to a sudden stop as the tracks turn off and enter a small opening in the chasm wall.

« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 08:37:56 pm by Jerick »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 06, 2011, 09:01:29 pm »

Charge in fearlessly. The gods have Got your back!

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2011, 05:00:12 am »

The opening is so small that it must be crawled through and the walls inside are thickly covered in the black algae.
As you squirm your way inside you find your self wondering what possessed them to consider climbing through this hole.
After an agonizing long crawl the tunnel roof starts to get higher allowing you a bit more space and it isn't long before you and your entourage can stand.
Thin black tendrils pulse and move about the cave walls, gently bending away from you and your party as you approach.
The black stuff is thicker than ever here and the tendrils sink deep into the rock wall at points.
Only a few steps further and the cave opens into a larger cavern.
Tendrils and thicker tentacles cover every inch of rock inside they in turn have an array of nodules that grow and shrink in unison.
Strange sack like things hang from the ceiling drops of liquid occasional falling from them.
Some of the thicker tentacles have twisted together and cross the cavern in a large bundle.
The floor is difficult to see as everything moves and quivers slightly warping your sense of distance.

A piton without an attached rope is hammered into the ledge you are standing on.

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2011, 08:07:47 am »

Politely ask the eldritch abomination whether it's seen our geologists.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2011, 09:31:27 am »

You clear you throat and bellow "Hello eldritch creature. I'm sorry to disturb you, but have you seen two geologists that came this way? They're missing and I'm concerned about their safty"
A weak and feeble voice answers you from somewhere near the bottom of the cavern "Ca-captain is that you? Please get me out of here!"

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2011, 11:44:24 am »

Reprimand the unknown speaker for interrupting our conversation.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2011, 12:58:19 pm »

You loudly chide the speaker for interupting your conversation.
"Sir I think it's Edvald the geologist," murrmers the biologist sheepishly.
A sharp clicking noise can be heard for a moment.
"What ever we're going to do I think we better do it fast and get out of here," hisses one of your bodyguards "This place kinda freaks me out,"

Sordid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2011, 02:26:19 pm »

Make a mental note to punish these rude louts later, but for the moment ignore them and focus on important matters. Continue the conversation with the eldritch abomination.

Svarte Troner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2011, 03:05:20 pm »

Sjofel Skapning! Har du sett en av mine fineste biologer? Jeg tenker han har vært inn i ditt hjem nylig!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That metal guy that pops up sometimes in places
To put it simply, Dwarf Fortress is the Black Metal of video games.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2011, 04:53:04 pm »

You attempt speaking in Norwegian but the beast (or possibly beasts?) declines to respond.
"Err sir are you sure you're alright? Maybe you should have that head wound checked out?" meekly whispers one of the medics.
A creature pulls itself onto the ledge your standing on.
Black like every thing else thus far it has four armoured segments each the size of a tennis ball, a pair of narrow fragile legs per segment and two parallel rows of the shrinking and growing nodules that are on the tendrils, a massive set of mandibles mounted on the first segment and clusters of antennae sprouting from it's back segment each antenna the same length again as the main body of the creature.
It's antenna stiffen.
The nodules on it's back begin to bioluminescence, emitting a dull blue light.
In seconds similar lights begin appearing although the cavern.
"CAPTAIN!" screamed Elvald in pain.

(Edit: just a heads up I'll be out of touch for a few days)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:02:21 pm by Jerick »

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2011, 08:31:39 pm »

Have a biologist and a doctor free the geologist while you and the bodyguards provided cover. Hopefully the biologist knows sothething about what the hell this algae stuff is. Don't shoot unless I looks like the creature (To to be further known as under hulks being that htey are hulking and they live under the ground) are about to attack
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]