Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)  (Read 16698 times)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« Reply #255 on: December 06, 2011, 04:19:34 pm »

Already?

Edit: There's some great writers among you, and you all enjoy the game. With this 'you' I am contextually referring especially to you, Forsaken.
If this Godhood dies too, and I mean -IF- it dies, I'd like to state two things:

A: Heroes equate intervention equates keeping track of things equates micromanagement equates difficulty in managing the game. They put a strain on human resources (read: the person running any Godhood)
B: Like I said, I will try to fill the Godhood void after finished my exams in March. I will finally have time to do the things I like doing then.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 04:40:24 pm by Caesar »
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #256 on: December 06, 2011, 04:21:56 pm »

Already?
Pick yours back up man. Its not too late. Anyone who doesn't post in 2-3 turns can fade from the world's consciousness and the memories of the people while new gods are introduced.

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 06, 2011, 04:24:00 pm »

Whoops. I edited my last post while you replied.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #258 on: December 06, 2011, 04:33:54 pm »

B: Like I said, I will try to fill the Godhood void after finished my exams in March. I will finally have time to do the things I like doing then.
Woot.

Edit: There's some great writers among you, and you all enjoy the game. With this 'you' I am contextually referring especially to you, Forsaken.
And I'm flattered you think I'm a good writer, I've never really considered my stuff all that great.

A: Heroes equate intervention equate keeping track of things equate micromanagement equate difficulty in managing the game. They put a strain on human resources (read: the person running any Godhood)
I agree with you to a point. A god's actions generally have sweeping but obvious and easily discernible impacts on the game, and the onus is on the player to describe that in detail. A hero though is much more micro and can have intricate interactions. That burden needs to be borne by the players as well if they decide to bring a hero in, rather than leaving it up to the GM. I know how overwhelming it can be to simply read up all of the god actions after a day or two, I can't imagine digesting all of that and forming a coherent update taking everything into account.

That's also why I thought (and still think) that the game could use some more structured rules set to assist the GM with determining outcomes. What that rules set would be I have no idea. There are a few good roleplaying systems which include dieties, and even one which is focused on godhood and tribal management (New Gods of Mankind) which I like but I don't know how easy they would be to forum-ize.

Either way I'm alright with this format. The only reason Astra'ath hasn't acted much is.. well it's prudence. If he goes all cthulhu on the world right away then its likely the gods would actually ally against him. If he waits and watches, usually factions will develop and small rivalries will crop up which he can use against them... it happened last time. :P

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 06, 2011, 04:40:04 pm »

The main reason that I never set clear mechanics was because the more mechanics and set rules are involved, the harder it will be to operate within those rules.
The gamemaster can make decisions and people have to abide by them. It provides clarity.

On the point of lack of conflict/overabundance of 'negative' Gods in the game; I used my Overgods to solve that.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 06, 2011, 04:45:15 pm »

Caesar, i am awaiting your return impatiently.

Also, would you say that my god is bad? Is looking out for humans bad?

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 06, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »

I have not had a lot of time to read this Godhood, sadly.

Define 'bad'.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 06, 2011, 04:48:01 pm »

Define 'bad'.

Well, everyone seems to associate "chaos" or entropy with evil aligment. Or thats how most gods are shown to be.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #263 on: December 06, 2011, 04:50:53 pm »

'bad' is very subjective. Astra'ath isn't 'bad'... he just considers other life forms as lesser beings and consumes them for sustenance. He's no more evil than you are for eating a hamburger, at least in his mind. Astra'ath doesn't torture or cause pain for personal pleasure, the world is simply divided into food/not food. You're food.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 06, 2011, 04:52:55 pm »

welll lets see how those warriors of fire a reacting on a punch of poor peasant rats, chirping like insane stinking of piss and looking like they would run away anyhow...XDD

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 06, 2011, 04:57:21 pm »

I also await your return Caesar :)

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 06, 2011, 04:59:02 pm »

There is no such thing as objective 'evil' and 'good' within Godhood but the good and evil that is defined by the Gods themselves. Some Gods might do things that are hideous to our standards but belief they are doing a great thing.

The only people you might want watching out for when they judge your actions are stronger Gods or the Overgods/Ancients like Xarn, Kinaré and the Scholar.
Spider Overhaul

Godhood VIII

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 06, 2011, 05:17:15 pm »

welll lets see how those warriors of fire a reacting on a punch of poor peasant rats, chirping like insane stinking of piss and looking like they would run away anyhow...XDD
By completely misinterpreting them and assuming that they are a bunch of vicious killers.
Then trying to resolve things peacefully by waving their burning swords around and speaking in a loud, clear voice which probably sounds like the roar of death itself to the puir wee beesties.
Long Live United Forenia!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 06, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »

I don't plan for the Earth King to do anything, he is just simply there to observe. But of course that may change depending on how the battle goes, and if any of those fighting show great ability. (More so than the others.)

Sinpwn

• Bay Watcher
  • That there guy with that face.
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 06, 2011, 05:35:13 pm »

I'm going to step out. Just not really enjoying it enough to warrant being a factor in the game. Also the fact that I'm not really good at being interpretative with my actions (i.e:  making sure that the revenants would be subtle and comparatively few.)
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19