Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)  (Read 16751 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« Reply #75 on: November 04, 2011, 09:46:23 am »

I dunno how that came about.  We kind of started in quasi-medieval period of the mortal civilisations so everyone went with the standard fantasy template. You can create your own race or wipe out someone if you want, we are still in the genesis era.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 04, 2011, 09:48:40 am »

Hmm.
Dsarker mentioned them in his introduction.
I don't particularly like sticking to the generic either. Although I also don't like rejecting the generic out of hand- it is generic because it is such a successful formula.
Ah, do we even need other races? Humans are such interesting things. They can be twisted and turned so easily, moulded into whatever form one pleases.

I am perfectly willing to remove mention of orcs elves and dwarves from my introductory post, though I don't really care either way.
Long Live United Forenia!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #77 on: November 04, 2011, 09:49:29 am »

All are equally tasty in the eyes of Astra'ath.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 04, 2011, 10:00:19 am »

I kinda agree with Digital there. Best to try and go with non-generic races. My fault for not being more clear really: When I said middle ages, I meant REAL middle ages. Not a scrap of supernatural stuff anywhere until the gods say there is. (So you are free to create elves/dwarves/etc, they just aren't there by default)

In fact. If there are any questions about the starting setting, feel free to ask them here. I'm rather bad about skipping over details(though there aren't a lot of them yet).
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 04, 2011, 10:06:20 am »

i definetly want to bring in the Murr in again...just waiting for the other Gods to do their stuff so that i have a small overlook over what to face...

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2011, 10:11:13 am »

Right, ok. So the only supernatural stuff is what we define. Right. I've edited out mention of the fantasy races from my post. The (peaceful) dragons are the thing which I am using my definition for.
Long Live United Forenia!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2011, 10:26:11 am »

I want to keep humans around though. I feel that these fellas will be useful for whatever god they will follow. Also, most shit always goes down when you have humans messing around with either magic or other races, so its always fun.

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
  • Innocence proves nothing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2011, 10:54:54 am »

Humans are a must go and should be the standard race. Having humans around just makes things so much easier.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2011, 12:25:11 pm »

Well yes. Nothing supernatural exists until someone creates it, but beyond that it's essentially starting as Earth. Well, same animals/plants at least.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2011, 12:29:40 pm »

I feel like I created Mos Eisley if it were a College town and in the middle of the Ocean.
Raggle Fraggle

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 04, 2011, 12:33:48 pm »

Would it be beneficial for us if we had a rough map of the planet after the flooding?

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 04, 2011, 12:39:08 pm »

Indeed it would be. I left the descriptions of the places near Vaneluza vague on purpose. But we should wait until the gods and the heroes have formed the world completely; Or we end up drawing a map that will become obsolete before the first update.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 04, 2011, 12:42:08 pm »

It would be good but for Vas'Us would we have to be changing the map constantly or do I have to make Vas'Us more of a stationary thing?
Raggle Fraggle

Lordinquisitor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2011, 12:49:49 pm »

Isn`t that important. But a rough draft of islands, continents, towns and realms would come in handy.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 04, 2011, 12:58:36 pm »

So would we say the 30% remaining land mass is a series of One Piece-Esq Islands with insane enviroments (For fun and adventure) and one large Pseudo-Continent?
Raggle Fraggle
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 19