Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)  (Read 16730 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2011, 03:12:23 pm »

Anyone who played with me in the first one (or followed along): Would you categorize Astra'ath as evil?

He did act kind of douchy at times, in a way hunger alone doesn't explain. So yes, I would. I wouldn't call Death or the winter-guy anything else than neutral, though.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2011, 03:14:35 pm »

You are looking at it the wrong way. Death and entropy overall are just a part of the natural way of things. Good and evil come only in the form of human morality. Such morality is non-existent for gods, especially those dealing with elemental forces or methaphysical ideas.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2011, 03:17:12 pm »

Black and White? I'm not evil or good. I sponsor backstabbing, betrayal, teaching, self-sufficiency, learning, knowledge, and fishing. You can't really call me good or evil...

Not you, I mean the other people, who stated their gods mortality in their sheet.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2011, 03:19:20 pm »

I assumed we were going by average human morality, if there is such a thing.

My memory is pretty hazy about Astra'ath, to be honest. I remember he was intimidating the other gods for shits and giggles when he first arrived, but to be fair, they were hostile to him from day one.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2011, 03:25:22 pm »

I assumed we were going by average human morality, if there is such a thing.

My memory is pretty hazy about Astra'ath, to be honest. I remember he was intimidating the other gods for shits and giggles when he first arrived, but to be fair, they were hostile to him from day one.
Remember that this is a being who's biology revolved around consuming an entire universe. They were severely depleted of power from movement through the void between universes so they had to be cunning to come out on top. They aren't just a ravening hunger-mad entity. They are a collection of highly intelligent beings acting as one mind to secure their own survival at the cost of anyone else.

They don't particularly care if they kill or hurt others, but they don't hurt people for the sheer joy of hurting people either.

But I appreciate the appraisal, I was just curious how others saw them.

FYI: The intimidation was a calculated action designed to polarize the gods into those who would oppose Astra'ath and those who would remain neutral. They knew nobody would help them, but if they could keep others neutral for long enough, or even secure some measure of trust from others like dragnar's god at the time, then their job of slaying everyone and consuming their entrails became easier.

>.>

Why is everyone looking at me like that?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »

well the only one who did get something of of Astra'ath was mine by mopping up after him....XDD

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2011, 03:33:26 pm »

So are we all more or less settled? When do we start?

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2011, 03:39:08 pm »

Welp, that's more than enough players. Now to pick from them... *copy-pastes all characters into word for impartiality* (Side effect: I have no idea who is playing which of these. I'll look that up later, but for now: You know who you are.)

Gods:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Heroes:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SuckersPossible Help: Caesar, Digital Hellhound

Anyone who didn't get in: Feel free to ask to be added to a waiting list. I'll bring more people in if either a) I feel like I can handle a few more. Or b) Someone else goes inactive for a while.

FYI: The intimidation was a calculated action designed to polarize the gods into those who would oppose Astra'ath and those who would remain neutral. They knew nobody would help them, but if they could keep others neutral for long enough, or even secure some measure of trust from others like dragnar's god at the time, then their job of slaying everyone and consuming their entrails became easier.
Trust? Oh no, there was very little of that! I'd poured about 10 Acts into creating super-weapons and armor. "Neutral" in his case meant "Make sure neither side is capable of hurting you".

Quick edit: Bit busy right now, but I'll have the IC thread up later tonight.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »

Yeah true.

Astra'ath in that game knew full well that nobody liked them and they had to play a pretty delicate game to avoid an all-out confrontation with the other gods.

All in all I thought I did alright. I did enjoy playing Death a lot too.

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2011, 05:31:21 pm »

Hmm. So I have a question about the use of Heroics, Can you pile them up and do something really major at the cost of being weakened or is it one heroic per heroic action and there is a upper limit to the power of the action?
Raggle Fraggle

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2011, 07:47:01 pm »

It's pretty much the same as Acts, just on a smaller scale. A single point might win you a duel against a great warrior, or help you forge an almost impossibly sharp weapon. More could end wars, slay dragons, or even wrest an Act from a god(assuming they could get the god to agree to their challenge first).

Also. Play thread is up
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

ed boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2011, 08:00:58 pm »

Can we assume that the planet is roughly earth-like? That is, it contains environments similar to earth, has similar gravity, has a single sun with days of length similar to earth?

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2011, 08:05:05 pm »

I would assume that we are going with the standard fantasy setup, i.e what you just said.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2011, 08:07:16 pm »

Going to bed now. Long day. Will post something in the morning.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2011, 08:17:20 pm »

Can we assume that the planet is roughly earth-like? That is, it contains environments similar to earth, has similar gravity, has a single sun with days of length similar to earth?
Yep. The basic rule of fantasy: Everything is like reality, until someone says otherwise.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 19