Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19

Author Topic: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)  (Read 16719 times)

Riccto

• Bay Watcher
  • Get Funky
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land(OOC)
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2011, 11:00:27 pm »

I dunno. I feel like adding another role would kinda muck things up with the sheer number of players between Hero's and God's. I figure Hero's can just ascend or stuff like that.
Raggle Fraggle

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 12:08:01 am »

I would support it, but that would probably mean more work for the GM.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Godhood: A New Land (OOC)
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 12:56:08 am »

While Heroes seem like an interesting idea (if a lot of extra work for the GM), I don't think they should have appearances before any sentient life exists. Or are we just starting with a world with humans already on it? That seems weird given the amount of starting Acts and spheres the gods have. A Godhood III-style 'gods birthing aspects of the world as they come into existance' could work, with one god creating humans or other sentient life.

Starting in a Renaissance-type or similar advanced setting could be pretty cool, though. Unless you've already got something planned out...?

EDIT: Actually, I'd be interested in a Co-GM position. I could help with planning, important NPC's and their reactions to things, flavor text, etc etc etc. Anything you want, really.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 01:01:57 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Dsarker

• Bay Watcher
  • Ἱησους Χριστος Θεου Υἱος Σωτηρ
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 01:00:59 am »

We'ee starting in the middle ages.
Quote from: NewsMuffin
Dsarker is the trolliest Catholic
[Dsarker is] a good for nothing troll.
You do not convince me. You rationalize your actions and because the result is favorable you become right.
"There are times, Sember, when I could believe your mother had a secret lover. Looking at you makes me wonder if it was one of my goats."

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 01:03:26 am »

Ah, sorry, my bad. But anyhow, if my rapid editing got missed above, I'd be more than happy to take a Co-GM role this time, helping with planning, NPCs, flavor text, Act consequences and everything else that might be needed.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Caesar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 02:29:13 am »

The same goes for me.

If you need any help, message me.
Spider Overhaul
Adding realistic spiders to Dwarf Fortress. (Discontinued.)

Godhood VIII
The latest installment in the Godhood roleplaying game series.

nuker w

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 03:53:09 am »

If theres space,

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I had to follow a God, it would be Midas Memorum also.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 06:42:54 am by nuker w »

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 05:02:57 am »

Nohooooo...why you people start such threads in the middle of the Night? Damn you Timezones!

anyway if a spot for a god is stilll available:

Name: none
Title: Lord Hunger, The Maw, The Divine Vermin
Description: THe maw represents the endless hunger
Major Sphere: Hunger
Minor Spheres: Vermin, Greed
Usual Appearance: An impossibly old king, his face gaunt and his eyes deeply sunken into his head. He wears an old rusted mail-shirt barely holding together that thin-frame of bones. Upon his head sits an old heavy crown seemingly bowing his head forcefully downwards. In his cataract stricken eyes however one can see his endless hunger, his unending crave for more: more land,more worshippers, more worlds,more power, more of everything, it seems as these craves come alive in his eyes...

else if a hero spot is available:

Name: Ulfrik Ghoulfriend
Description: Ulfrik is a Scholar of all the Things Dead. A Necromancer if you wish so. It is rumored that he is the spawn of a Ghoul who fell in love with a corpse, others say his mother was a follower of Astra'ath and again others say that he is indeed the spawn of some God. No Matter how he was born, Ulfrik was born with an innate feeling for the Dead. In his Childhood he was seen more on the Graveyards then with other children. Later he seemingly vanished altogether from society, taking refugee upon those who were shunned by the public. And so he ended up on some Old Graveyard, his only friends Ghouls and other beings who resided in such dark places.

Specializations:
Necromancy
Disease Carrier ( he carries Diseases but is immune to them.)
Friend of Death ( His innate affinity for the Dead and the Undead is felt by these beings and they welcome him as one of their own or at least leave him alone)

Appearance: Once maybe a young bblonde handsome man, he now partly looks like a walking corpse. He is inhumanely pale and his skin is dissolving on some parts of his body, most visibly propably in his face where half his jaw is visible. One of his eyes is stricken with cataract, while the other one is grey from nature but looks as lifeless as the rest of him. He wears a Leather armor and an old washed out black cloak, hiding his face if he is on one of his few travels back to humanity...

if no spot is left i would be willing to help as co-gm
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 05:05:17 am by Ghazkull »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:30:08 am »

A Hero could control a nation through RP, just like a god. No need to make it a role.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 02:29:42 pm »

I think Times gonna be a rather passive God, only really involving himself in matters he deems he must, and also getting pissed when people try and fuck with the timeline.

But he MAY grant heros limited Time control if they gain his favor ;)
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

NUKE9.13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 02:36:57 pm »

In other words he would be incredibly boring.
A god should be compelled to mess with things. They should create problems for themselves and for others, all the time. That is interesting. That is fun to watch.
Long Live United Forenia!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:04 pm »

You really oughta wait for dragnar to choose the gods who get in before making any plans, methinks.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 02:43:47 pm »

What I meant by that, is that he uses his power to fuck around with things very little. He will go and fuck around, perhaps even getting Mortals and more simple minded Immortals to do his bidding where he cannot. He is a quite a charismatic little asshole.

I am also seeing a lot of Black/White Mortality in this so far, which I really don't like. I perfer to do my Godliness in a manner more similar to the greek gods, who had no real Good and Evil, but where like Humans in behavior.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 03:02:26 pm »

Black and White? I'm not evil or good. I sponsor backstabbing, betrayal, teaching, self-sufficiency, learning, knowledge, and fishing. You can't really call me good or evil...
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 03:09:38 pm »

Anyone who played with me in the first one (or followed along): Would you categorize Astra'ath as evil?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 19