Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Research Station Rose: Scifi Crossover Adventure  (Read 977 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Research Station Rose: Scifi Crossover Adventure
« on: November 02, 2011, 12:13:24 am »

In the year 2433 humanity launched the Research Station Rose, a craft the size of Rhode Island. Rose was designed to advance the wisdom of the earth dwelling races to an even higher extent, and at first it was more successful. Advancements from the Rose put the humans, and those that shared their homeworld, at the technological level of the many much more ancient races with whom they made contact with over the next couple centuries.

For some time the Rose was a boon to all intelligent life, however when the great war broke out between many factions those in charge of the station decided not to let it fall into the hands of any side. In what was perhaps the greatest triumph of magic and science the station ripped itself from existence and vanished from memory... until now.

5374 years into the great war the station re-emerged. It soon became apparent that the research never stopped, and the unknown treasures that lay aboard the station were ripe for the picking. The factions now fight to control and explore the sealed research zones aboard, while individual adventures such as yourself embark for personal wealth and glory.

What is this?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Character Creation:

You drum your fingers on the small rickety table in front of you, glad that the long flight is finally coming to a close. You share a compartment with three other people whom you assume are dirt poor losers such as yourself. Two of them argue... they had been arguing for the entire flight. A young female, likely a human or some mix thereof in her late teens, argues against a short winged creature with a trunk on it's face and blue-brown speckled skin.

"Its not for lack of trying!" exclaims the girl. "If the brotherhood had acess to more fertile planets they could easily feed all civilized life in the galaxy!"

"Ahhh...." The winged creature responds in a harsh deep voice. "They would just poison it with that green rock like they do every other world they get their grubby hands on."

"IT IS NOT POISON!" The young human shouts. "It is the key to trance-"

"Will you two cut it out." Interjects the third occupant, a tall greenskined humanoid with sharply pointed ears, it is wearing a turban and cape. "Some of us are trying to meditate here."

---

Eventually you disembark at Shuttleport 8, a mid sized town aboard the Rose that happens to be the station's only point of entry that is not currently controlled by one of the ruling factions. You grab your bags and head into the Shuttleports large open commons and stand in awe of the sights.

Current Location: Shuttleport 8

Propose a character and first action!

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: Research Station Rose: Scifi Crossover Adventure
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 12:34:22 am »

Reserved

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:34:38 am »

Reserved

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:17 am »

Well this probably won't be picked, but I'll try.

Name: Harre of Oritztet
Race/Species: Hatcuri
Gender (If applicable): Female

Skills:
Spirit-Calling: 3
Engineering: 4
Small Arms: 2
Persuasion: 3
Linguistics: 3
Programming: 3
Hacking: 2
Vehicle Use: 1
Stealth: 2
Metalsmithing: 2

Starting Inventory:
Ritual Knife
Las-Pistol
Toolbox (filled with engineering tools)
Hacking Tool

Hatcuri are a race made up by me for the You Are King game. They're just lizardmen. The spirit-calling works like this: you sacrifice blood or valuables to a spirit who will hopefully help you.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
Re: Research Station Rose: Sciresfi Crossover Adventure
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:36 am »

reserved for when I can make a charcter, I have just one small question: have you read Homestuck?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 01:01:43 am »

No. I read Problem Sleuth, loved it, and am saving Homestuck until the author finishes it so I can read it over a weekend while I am sick or bored. Feel free to use Homestuck stuff though. Don't worry about spoiling stuff for me. I know MSPA has a wiki to link too.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 01:05:05 am »

Dude,I wold sart now. It already takes at least a month to read it over agian now and it isn't even close to done.
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 01:16:24 am »

Thats what people keep telling me, perhaps I'll take your advice... but not until after this semester is over. I blew off a research paper awhile back to read problem sleuth :)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 01:59:48 pm »

I'm giving this a single mercy bump before I let it die from lack of interest.