Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12

Author Topic: Galaxies Unlimited  (Read 6255 times)

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Galaxies Unlimited
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 12:44:02 am »

excellent. your move?
Kestrel, ITS A TRAP! It's luring you into false security! DON'T FALL FOR IT!!
Tomb of Horrors can pretty much be summarized by "ackbar.jpg"

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 12:45:12 am »

Search and harvest asteroids.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 03, 2011, 12:53:31 am »

you find and extract several dozen tons of iron ore, and a few chunks of native gold. two raiders, destroyers arrive. Their weapons are charging

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 03, 2011, 01:18:42 am »

Use the 3rd dimension! Go directly up and perform several loops around the enemy, while at the same time firing at them.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 03, 2011, 02:49:53 am »

their weapons begin to fire, as your larger ships satrt circling them like vultures. they score only glancing hits. One goes up ina drive explosion, annihilating both enemies. What now?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 03, 2011, 05:15:20 am »

Er...Search for more asteroids to gather from.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 03, 2011, 05:28:45 am »

Visit earth, just to see who's fighting over it
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2011, 02:44:19 pm »

Do not research any techs instead begin using the scraps I scavenged to make a bunch of fighters. I don't care what they look like so long as they have weapons, and are capable of flight with a human inside.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2011, 07:58:03 pm »

This looks too much fun to ignore ^^

Normally, I'd put in one of my own creations or a 'good' race in. But I feel that this might be more entertaining!

Race: Tyranids (Warhammer 40k universe)
Advantages: Feed (Victory gives the nids biomass to expand in numbers), Nomadic (No starbase, homeplanet), Diverse (Many different species, generally in numbers), Dangerous (troops are fast and devastating), Swarm (Can gain great numbers with lesser troops like gaunts)
Disadvantages: Feed (Alternatively, if they do not feed whilst active, they can lose numbers), Nomadic (nowhere to hide), Synapse (Break the link and the nids lose cohesion), Weak Ships (Nid ships tend to hook on their prey rather than outright destroy, lack defense and need superior numbers), No Diplomacy (Tho I think that one's a no-brainer :P)
Ships: 1 Carrier, Spacehulk (carrier in size only)
Marines: Genestealers
Starbase: Space hulk currently located near an asteroid field. Just left the warp.

And action:
A Tyranid Warrior Prime stirs from it's slumber, hearing the minds of prey. It gets up as some Genestealers pass by, stalking the corridors. It moves to the digestions pools. The liquid was a little stale, it hadn't been fed in a long time.
''Preeey... Waaait... Consuuuume...'' The orders were emitted strongly from the warrior prime.

Await for someone to investigate the spacehulk. Spacehulk is drifting slowly.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2011, 08:10:06 pm »

Micelus: you find one Asteroid Bar, (as in, hangout) who refuels and stocks up your fuel and ammunition. you find lots more iron, some more gold, and some titanium.

Tarcius: when nearing Earth, or Sol, etc, there is clearly an epic battle, with thousands of ships. Imperium, UNSC, TEC, SA, all different kinds of Humanity are fighting over their Homeworld(s). you decide it is not a good idea to get involved.

adwarf: suprisingly easy to modify, you now have 1 squadron (4) of.... um... gold asymmetric fighters armed with Particle Beams. their Xentronium Armour could protect them easily from most Point Defense weapons, and they're VToL as well! space also is for 1 8-man section of Marines!! Amazing! you have now

Xentronium Armour (only good for reverse engineering now, as only minor repairs could be made)
1 Death Ray (Reverse Engineer OR fit onto Satyr or Nymph, OR fit on the Hand of Winter.)
A scanning of the Particle Beams (Found on the Computer systems of the Destroyer, for Reverse engineering)
schematics for:
Neutronoim Bombs (Planetary Shield piercing)
Advanced computer systems (increase accuracy)
damper field
and... the QUANTUM DETONATOR (Makes bigger boom)

Maxinum McDreich: soon, a small, but well organised and well equipped team from the Systems Alliance, board. they have only a platoon, lead by some lady with black and red armour. on it, the Warrior sees N7 on it. she says "scouting party, commence mission on 2182. Lieutenant Shepard in command". the platoon seems ready and alert.

Your move, 'Nid

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 08:14:54 pm »

Record this epic masterpiece of warfare, so that we can sell recordings of it and have a laugh as they kill each other instead of uniting.
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2011, 08:16:17 pm »

Head to Alpha Centauri.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2011, 08:21:21 pm »

Ohoho, NOW you're getting it.

Race/Group: Imperium Of Man, 176th Conglomerate [Consisting of mostly Vostroyans, Valhallans, Kriegers and the occasional Harakoni.] and Imperial Navy detachment. Mechanicus Explorator Outpost within System. (WH40k)
Advantages: Efficient Production (Many things, such as weapons, produced quickly.) Winter Warfare (Any combat on a winter world is fought MUCH more effectively.) Larger-Than-Normal Ships (Fighting on a ship is like trying to take a city/planet.)
Disadvantages: Xenophobic (Explains itself, no diplomacy with Xenos.) Zealots (All humans not accepting the Emperor are HERETICS. No diplomacy.) Warp Travel (Not exactly the safest, small chance of Gellar Field failure.)
Ships: Battleship, Retribution Class.
Marines: Imperial Guardsmen/Skitarii.
Starbase: Frontier World Loginquitas.

Actions:
"Last known location of Tyranids in...
...This sector, sir."
"Well? Look for them!"
"Oh right, and in addition to that, sir, we found a few space hulks in the system also. Unknown make, though."
"Hmph. Very well, send a few teams to recon them."

Send a strike force of Vostroyan Firstborns to recon the Space Hulks.

Maxinum McDreich

• Bay Watcher
  • Gree-diddly-tings.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2011, 08:31:59 pm »

XD. As it's said in the latest whitedwarf, the carnifex exists. So must a hero to slay it. And so it is there :P.

''Preeeeyy... Abooooard... Follooowww... Unseen... Surrrrooooooound.'' The Synaptic message is sent and the Genestealers begin their mission.

Genestealers hide in the shadows, waiting until the enemy have either gone in too deep and are surrounded, or are too seperated and get picked off.

Kestrel_6

• Bay Watcher
  • The goddamn Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 08:54:34 pm »

Phantom: you find three space hulks, one massive and epic, the other a fusion of... fighters? the last one is about the size of a Carrier, but its... a really big rock. there is one last one, a fair bit away, and you travel all Warp ahead.

Orders, my Lord?

Maxinum McDreich: your Genestealers follow the Systems Alliance, you feel ripples in the Warp... an Imperial Battleship. However, your delicious armoured lunches come under attack... by orks. "Contact!" echoes through the hulk, and so does Mass accelarator fire. the orks are dying, but they keep coming. you recieve orders from the Hive Mind

"Shhheppaaard.... musssssstttt.... sssuuurrrvvviiive.... reeeaaapppeerrrsss."

the screams of wounded SA Marines intensifies as your Genestealers strike. "Fall Back! FALL BACK!" you hear Shepard yell, as a few Marines fall back. only she makes it to the Frigate. the rest are your new delicious Tyranids. the Orks, however... are now fighting the Genestealers tooth and claw... it appears direct intervention is necessary

Your orders, Warrior Prime?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 12