Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Tyrant War Metal CCG  (Read 10158 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrant War Metal CCG
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2011, 08:26:01 pm »

Apex? That's the one I got :D

I figured. He's the only legendary xeno that comes from gold packs. :P

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2011, 08:37:07 pm »

So honor is only worth it for getting guarenteed cards? I was about to ask that. :P

And yeah gotta say my lead in card is generally either devastator or bazooka marine. Nice to know that it can take out anything below 2 HP or so for the latter, and the former. while it'll get stomped sometimes, when it doesn't it'll clear a pretty huge lead for you early on.

Is there any benefit to keeping all of your cards of one type? Or is mixing and matching reccomended?

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2011, 09:17:25 pm »

So honor is only worth it for getting guarenteed cards?

Yes.

Is there any benefit to keeping all of your cards of one type?
Or is mixing and matching reccomended?

There are a lot of cards that give buffs exclusively to cards of their faction. For example, Freddie is a commander that heals every Imperial card by 1 every single turn. If you get him, there's a lot to be said for having every card in your deck be Imperial. But on the other hand, there are cards like Blitz Armor with strike all imperial 1, meaning that every turn it will do 1 damage to every imperial card the opponent has in play. If you have an all Imperial deck and go up against a deck with 5 Blitz Armor's, you're probably going to lose.

It really depends on the cards you get and your preferred playstyle. Even in late-game tournaments I still see both mixed and pure decks. Both are valid.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2011, 09:38:03 pm »

Hmmmm, okay.

EDIT: Oh man, just got a legendary raider (Omega). As I was making a raider deck for the bloodthirsty portion of the campaign. :D
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:03:07 am by Seriyu »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2011, 11:56:39 am »

So... for reference... what abilities work while the card is waiting... ?

Edit: I like how one deck could kick arse versus some stuff while getting destroyed by other things.  The other deck is capable of wiping the floor in the other direction...  generally.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 12:59:24 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2011, 03:04:10 pm »

Zangi, I just admitted you to the faction. We're in chat room 11 if you'd like to join us. Also, if you click on "faction" we have an active war if you'd like to participate.

...off the top of my head, only passive or defensive abilities like armor, flying and counter, and I think that's it. Possible I might be missing something, but anything offensive like strike, rally, siege, poison, heal, siege, leech, etc. doesn't do anything until the card goes active. Partly common sense: you can't leech from an attack if you're not attacking yet. But buffs like rally and heal also don't work.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2011, 03:13:09 pm »

I feel the need to mention that I've been an applicant for a couple of days now. Username should be Seriyu.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2011, 03:32:01 pm »

Zangi, I just admitted you to the faction. We're in chat room 11 if you'd like to join us. Also, if you click on "faction" we have an active war if you'd like to participate.

...off the top of my head, only passive or defensive abilities like armor, flying and counter, and I think that's it. Possible I might be missing something, but anything offensive like strike, rally, siege, poison, heal, siege, leech, etc. doesn't do anything until the card goes active. Partly common sense: you can't leech from an attack if you're not attacking yet. But buffs like rally and heal also don't work.

Alright, cool.  I'll probably check out the chat when I get home or something.

Expected as much for the abilities, but sometimes it feels like some of the other skills are used when on wait, but I probably missed it when its going 4x speed.  Also, Cannon of JusticeBenediction, packs a nice punch at 2/8 (Practically 4/8 with its +2 rally to Righteous...)

I feel the need to mention that I've been an applicant for a couple of days now. Username should be Seriyu.
Need to meet minimum requirements, level 6.  I kinda powered my way there. With my mixed deck, under the command of Malort the raider hater.  He don't do so well against his own kind, but Imperials got them crazy folk under their foot with awesome teamworkrallies.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2011, 04:00:33 pm »

Oh, it's level six to join a faction? Wierd that they let you apply before that.

Oh well, soon.

EDIT: And I just hit level six, go fig.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:09:10 pm by Seriyu »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:08 pm »

Oh, it's level six to join a faction? Wierd that they let you apply before that.

Oh well, soon.
Its convenient, doesn't count toward membership and the faction could see your level.

Its a player imposed requirement, cause you get access to 3 decks by level 6 and supposedly, enough decent cards to fill out those 3 decks too... you can switch em up on offense/defense depending on the enemies you face.

Malort, Raider Hater = Mixed Armies
Thadius, the Imperial = Imperial Armies
Sidoze, the Raider = Mixed Raiders

For example, this faction war we are in, the guy we are bashing is using Xeno scum for defense, Raider Hater and the Raider are getting bulldozed by him, but, the Imperial is kicking arse and taking names.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:41 pm »

EDIT: And I just hit level six, go fig.

You're in. Welcome to My Little Pwny. Again, chatroom 11 if you'd like to introduce yourself, and feel free to join the current war. Don't expect to win much though...it's with a solo high level player with a decent deck.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2011, 04:17:14 pm »

Its a player imposed requirement, cause you get access to 3 decks by level 6
and supposedly, enough decent cards to fill out those 3 decks too

Yes, 6 was just an arbitrary number.

For example, this faction war we are in, the guy we are bashing is using Xeno scum for defense, Raider Hater and the Raider are getting bulldozed by him, but, the Imperial is kicking arse and taking names.

Whoa, Zangi...nice. You have 165 points won, only 40 lost. That's better on both sides than some people twice your level.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2011, 04:20:10 pm »

Whoa, Zangi...nice. You have 165 points won, only 40 lost. That's better on both sides than some people twice your level.

Umm... Bazooka Marines for the win?  I got lucky acquiring some other cards...

Really, my Imperial deck is like... made to bash his Xeno deck in with minimal modification...

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2011, 05:30:53 pm »

I'm not having such luck against the faction war guy. :P

And sorry if I don't use the chat channel much but it's destroying my framerate for some reason.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2011, 05:47:18 pm »

No worries. It's just three of us at the moment, and one is about to log off.

As for the faction war...it's really hit or miss. There's no easy way to scout a faction before declaring war on them, so sometimes we get easy wars, sometimes we get difficult ones. This one is one of the more difficult ones we've had so far. It's obviously a high level player, probably farming for cards. Usually factions have a bunch of people...you attack and get a random player, so while there might be some high level players, there are some low level ones too. Here, every fight is against the solo high level player.

In any case, it will get easier once you have some better cards. I'd suggest checking in on faction wars when you can, win when you can, but don't stress over them much. Missions will be your primary source of cards for a while.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4