Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tyrant War Metal CCG  (Read 10160 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tyrant War Metal CCG
« on: November 01, 2011, 09:19:19 pm »

Status as of Nov 3
Guild is full. That's 20 out of 20 people in just over 48 hours, so apparently this was extremely successful. We'll be eligible for 5 more members once we reach level 3, so check back for updates.

Original Post:

Anyone play Tyrant?

I'm level 40, was in a top 10 faction that disbanded, so I've made my own guild. Any b12ers care to join?

If you've never played Tyrant, it's "yet another" flash collectible card game, a la Magic, but with pve missions, multiplayer raid events as well as pvp arena, tournaments and faction warfare. The game is, honestly, a bit more simple than Magic, but nevertheless it's fun. Mission and faction warfare is limited by energy which replenishes over time. Arena and tournaments are unrestricted, so you can play those as much as you want. Though it takes some building up before it's practical to participate in those. There is an optional "pay money for cards" system, and while people who pay do receive definite advantages, the game is completely playable without spending money. Again, I was competitive in a top 10 out of several hundreds faction, and never paid anything.

Links:

The game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant

Guild forum on kongregate:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/65-tyrant/topics/217209-recruitment-my-little-pwny-combat-is-magic

In retrospect, perhaps something with "bay12" in it would have been more appropriate, but I made the guild before I thought of bay12, and the guild is already paid for and has a week worth of leveling. I'd rather not start over. Besides, pwnies are awesome.

Guild link:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?source=finv&kv_apply=7074002

Note that faction warfare necessarily involves everyone in a faction, so there's a minimum requirement of level 6 to get in. It should only take a couple days to get there.

Also, if anyone just starting has any questions I've been playing off and on for about a year, so ask away.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Tyrant War Metal CCG
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 09:40:26 pm »

Hmmm I'm bored I'll join.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 12:33:23 am »

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 12:42:26 am »

Lessee if I remember my name and pass here.

EDIT: Helpin you out by the way Koliup.

EDIT2: that raid is nearly done, for anyone else that has it unlocked. (Forget if you have to unlock particular raids.)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 01:05:23 am by Seriyu »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 01:22:55 am »

When posting raids, please post full infomation. Example:

Tartarus Swarm
(link)
70/100
40% left
18 hours

Some people might not have a suitable deck for a particular raid, or might already have max honor, and consequently not want to join a raid and end up taking up a slot but not contributing.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 03:58:26 am »

What are the benefits of raids, incidentally?

Or honor or all that?

I may have just forgotten the tutorial stuff by now but this game doesn't really explain itself very well.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »

What are the benefits of raids, incidentally?

They're another way to get cards. Some are very good. For example:

Xeno Fortress: 3 wait, 6 health, heal all xeno, rally all xeno
Gatling Tower: 2 wait, 5 health, strike 1, jam, weaken 1
Gruesome Crawler: 1 wait, 1 attack, 2 health, evade, weaken all 1, immobilize

this game doesn't really explain itself very well.

I'll answer any questions I can. On a related note, here's a huge tip that will make a new player's life much easier: Get sawblades. They're 1 wait, 2 attack, 3 health imperials and once they've been unlocked by getting a bronze arena rating, they only cost 100 gold each and you can buy them in any quantity. Arena matches cost zero energy, and you only lose rating when you lose a match to someone of equal or lower rating than your own. And since you can keep refreshing the challenge roster until you get players with higher rating than yours, you can simply keep doing macthes until you reach bronze without ever losing rating points.

Sawblades are pretty much overpowered in the early levels. By getting them early you can easily cruise through to mission 20 or 30 or so with very few losses. I will caution you, however, that while this is extremely effective, it's kind of boring. It's the fastest way to power through the early missions, but it's not very representative of what later gameplay is like, and if you do it, eventually you'll hit a wall where you'll need to use other cards and abilities that you haven't necessarily become accustomed to yet. So by all means do it, but realize that it's a shortcut.

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2011, 02:51:08 pm »

Oh hey, I have one of them. Good to know.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2011, 04:58:20 pm »

Sawblade does have some beastly stats...  Devestator is more beastly in general...
Bazooka Marines are just as good as Sawblade.

Applied, just add me when I hit level requirement.

In the middle of an arctic raid, looks like I can solo it? But yea, if you want free win...

Arctic Raid
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?kv_joinraid=2437032
1/5 (?)
80% left
10 hours
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 05:19:56 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 05:57:13 pm »

I'd join in your raid Zangi but I'm currently waiting for the arctis to "cool down" from the earlier loss we had.

And I've applied for the guild, name should be Seriyu32.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2011, 07:14:15 pm »

Update....

Arctic Raid
http://www.kongregate.com/games/synapticon/tyrant?kv_joinraid=2437032
1/5 (?)
20% left
8 hours

I'll hold off till I head in for the night... unless someone else finishes it.

Edit: Also, Arena, find random people of higher rank, throw your newbie commoner army at em till you find someone you can win against, repeat till spent.  Find more marks after...  Some people don't even have any cards in their defense deck...

And... 1st Mission: "Why are the turns rolling without my input?" After 3rd try... "Oh, I gotta put the newbie cards in my deck?"
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:20:09 pm by Zangi »
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2011, 08:14:15 pm »

Is legendary xeno suppose to be a card type faction thingy or like I currently think it just means I got something really powerful and rare?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:17:25 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:20:29 pm »

I think its both.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 08:23:29 pm »

Applied, just add me when I hit level requirement.

Yep. I see both of you. Need level 6, so probably the next time you log on to play you'll be eligible.

Sawblade does have some beastly stats...  Devestator is more
beastly in general...
Bazooka Marines are just as good as Sawblade.

Situational. The armor on the devastator is probably fairly awesome right now, but 1 health makes it extremely vulnerable to anything with strike or counter. Both are good cards and if you could put together a deck with a bunch of them they'd probably be fairly devastating. The biggest advantage to sawblades is that while they might only be "very good" rather than awesome, they're very easy to get in large quantities. There are many cards that become devastating once you get 5 or more of them.

Arctic Raid

Tip: raids rewards in general are broken down into non-linear tiers. If you do twice as much damage you don't always get twice as much reward. Nubers vary by raid, bur for Arctis in particular, there's a total of 400 damage to be done, and the honor rewards cap at 20 honor.

0-24 damage = you get nothing
25-74 damage = 2 honor
75-249 damage = 5 honor
250-399 damage = 15 honor
400+ damage = 20 honor

So, if you team up with one other person and split the damage evenly, you each get 5 honor, meaning you'll each have to do the raid 4 times to be capped. Whereas if you solo it, you each only have to do it once. If you do split it up, it will be most efficient to divide the damage carefully. For example, if one does 300 and one does 100, then the next time the other does 300 and 100, then both people get capped after two raids. Though note also that if you don't complete the raid within the alotted time, you get nothing.

20 honor with Arctis Vanguard will open up access to:

Safeguard: 2 wait, 2 attack, 3 health, pierce 1, rally 1, costs 250 gold

Which is nice, but probably not as good as your bazooka marines. Like sawblades the real beenfit isn't the card itself so much as that it's easy to get lots of them, meaning you can eliminate some of the randomness of buying packs.

Is legendary xeno suppose to be a group or like I
currently think it just means I got something really powerful and rare?

When you buy gold packs, you have a 13% chance of getting a random legendary. You're allowed a max of one legendary per deck. So if you have two legendaries, you have to choose which one to put in a deck.

Apex is moderately awesome. It's not the most powerful legendary you could have drawn, but to get one at level 3 is extremely lucky, and you'll probably want it in every deck you build until mission 30-40 or so. Note that if you make it the only xeno in a deck, that means its rally will always land on itself, effectively making it a 3 attack card.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2011, 08:24:35 pm »

Apex? That's the one I got, first time buying a gold pack too! :D
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 08:26:25 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF
Pages: [1] 2 3 4