Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: exploit list plz  (Read 17881 times)

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
  • thats not a red mage...
    • View Profile
Re: exploit list plz
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2011, 10:05:50 pm »

i do it but once in a wile but thats if my crazy fay guy goes and kills a lever and drops 20% of my pop down a hole
I've decided to say "fuck it" and will just implode my fort.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Iton Ibrukrithzam

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: Curious nature]
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2011, 12:53:34 am »

i do it but once in a wile but thats if my crazy fay guy goes and kills a lever and drops 20% of my pop down a hole
I usually carve all my workshops into niches in the walls so I can just seal a dwarf in if I can't get him his materials.

But, more importantly, your base has levers that, when switched, drop 20% of your population down a hole?  Is your meeting hall set to cave in?   That's...kind of wonderful, actually.
Iton Ibrukrithzam enjoys mahogany, diorite, jade, and native gold.  He enjoys giant tigers for their predatory nature, foxes for their many tails, and boobs for their fine shape.  He is absolutely disgusted by spiders.  When possible, he prefers to consume pizza, soda, and goldschlager.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 12, 2011, 01:09:33 am »

I usually carve all my workshops into niches in the walls so I can just seal a dwarf in if I can't get him his materials.

But, more importantly, your base has levers that, when switched, drop 20% of your population down a hole?  Is your meeting hall set to cave in?   That's...kind of wonderful, actually.

no i killed 30+ goblins and they were walking on the mile lone fall trap.

“Ok, Neo ChosenUrist, before you is two levers. Pull the Kimberlite lever -- you wakeup in a random bed and have whatever thoughts you want to think. You pull the Bauxite lever -- you stay in the caverns and I show you how deep the adamantine hole goes.” - psalms

Aachen

• Bay Watcher
  • Wenzo Pilgrim cancels job: unstuck in time.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 12, 2011, 01:58:39 am »

All strategy is exploitation. Don't have any truck with it!
Quote from: Rithol Camus
There is but one truly serious philosophical problem and that is magma.

Quote from: Chinua Achebe
.... For Cliché is pauperized Ecstasy.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2011, 02:28:02 am »

Easy way to danger room with out being too exploity is simply to only put a low number of spears (such as 1) in each trap, and stop danger rooming them once they get the desired skill. I stop once every dwarf in a squad is at skill 1, because I'm just trying to avoid the unpleasant thought of being drafted with no skill.

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:09 am »

I see absolutely nothing wrong or exploit-y about cooking booze. It is possible to survive solely on ethanol, as it has plenty of calories. The problem would be deficiency in proteins, vitamins etc. But we can assume that dwarven body can get by without them.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2011, 05:04:44 pm »

I see absolutely nothing wrong or exploit-y about cooking booze. It is possible to survive solely on ethanol, as it has plenty of calories. The problem would be deficiency in proteins, vitamins etc. But we can assume that dwarven body can get by without them.

the dwarfs skin eats nutrients when it sleeps. the skin cells in a dwarf take protiens and vitamins straight from the rock and then cobine the raw elements to from the building blocks of life

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2011, 07:50:10 pm »

the dwarfs skin eats nutrients when it sleeps. the skin cells in a dwarf take protiens and vitamins straight from the rock and then cobine the raw elements to from the building blocks of life

I would go even further. Based on all the things they can do, I think we can safely assume that dwarves are capable of performing nuclear fussion and fission in their bodies, then combine any elements they gain into any nutrient necessary. And somehow they need ethanol for that.

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:39 pm »

I would go even further. Based on all the things they can do, I think we can safely assume that dwarves are capable of performing nuclear fussion and fission in their bodies, then combine any elements they gain into any nutrient necessary. And somehow they need ethanol for that.
bear is broken into 2 thing water and a flamable fuel used to power the machines that cools the reactor that combines the elements. the water is used as a cooling device.

but how does the nucler reaction happen. i think has something to do with the beard.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 14, 2011, 04:35:57 am »

Syrupleaf stated that each of THEM (the Spawn of Holistic) contained a lump of semi-cooled obsidian in their chests that gave them their strength. Perhaps dwarves contain the same and the cooling gives off energy which powers the fission/fusion... Old age is when the obsidian has nearly cooled, and death occurs when no energy is released by the cooled obsidian.

Yeah, i'm pushing the laws of physics, but doesn't DF?

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 14, 2011, 09:33:09 am »

The DF world evolved without any of those, they have beardories, beardiens and beardamins and dwarves are just a beard warmer for the beards wearing the dwarves.

I felt like it

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Sutremaine

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:ATROCITY: PERSONAL_MATTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 14, 2011, 11:05:36 am »

dwarves are just a beard warmer for the beards wearing the dwarves.
What about the dwarves that don't have beards?
I am trying to make chickens lay bees as eggs. So far it only produces a single "Tame Small Creature" when a hen lays bees.
Honestly at the time, I didn't see what could go wrong with crowding 80 military Dwarves into a small room with a necromancer for the purpose of making bacon.

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 14, 2011, 11:08:52 am »

those are deformed elves, deformed by ma....necro!maybe

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

jaxler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 14, 2011, 04:13:47 pm »

ok so now we know the working of a dwarf

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 14, 2011, 07:08:02 pm »

dwarves are just a beard warmer for the beards wearing the dwarves.
What about the dwarves that don't have beards?
Never seen an empty shell on a beach?
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6